1.    #1  
    Any Microsoft employees out there? I use my Treo to get Exchange 2003 email through OMA, and the UI sucks. Looks like it was designed for WAP browsers. Blazer is capable of so much more...when is MS going to offer something that gives a UI that is designed for PDA's????? One look at Basejet and you'll see what a good user interface design looks like.
    Have you tried Leederbyshire?

http://www.leederbyshire.com/OWA-PDA.asp

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Have you tried Leederbyshire?

http://www.leederbyshire.com/OWA-PDA.asp
    I looked into it, and spoke via email to the developer. I was told that while it is somewhat better, that software is forced into doing many of the things that IMHO make Outlook OMA suck so bad...including requiring WAAAAAYYY to many clicks just to input all necessary info for addresee info and your message, then more clicks still to send it.
    You don't understand, the purpose is to force you to switch to a system that uses MS Pocket PC software (or whatever they call it now.)
    Quote Originally Posted by tDot
    Any Microsoft employees out there? I use my Treo to get Exchange 2003 email through OMA, and the UI sucks. Looks like it was designed for WAP browsers. Blazer is capable of so much more...when is MS going to offer something that gives a UI that is designed for PDA's????? One look at Basejet and you'll see what a good user interface design looks like.
    What do you expect from a web-based application? Sending all the elements to make a cute GUI within blazer would be dreadfully slow. It is slow enough as-is. You still wouldn't give you the functionality of accessing your address book, etc, in a web app.

OMA has its roots within Mobile Information Server, which indeed was intended for use on phones (not PDAs) Since MIS has been discontinued, it is probably somewhat of an orphan.

As parityone kind of points out, MS extends greater functionality to clients that can run wireless ActiveSync, which is also embedded in Exchange 2003. I have a few coworkers using it and I use basejet. I'd love to see someone develop a Palm client for activesync but I'd imagine there are MS proprietary elements standing in the way. The other thing is they can't sync subfolders and I can
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone
    You don't understand, the purpose is to force you to switch to a system that uses MS Pocket PC software (or whatever they call it now.)
    Damn you, Bill Gate$ !!!!