1.    #1  
    hi there,
    is there any software whereby you could turn to 'silence' mode without having to slide the ringer switch of your treo 600?
    just a tap on an icon or button I think, is a much easier alternative.

further comment is very much appreciated.
    thank you.

~lanujang
    Easier? Personally, I think just using the button is alot simpler than taking out the stylus, going to a "silence" icon and tapping it...

Anyways, I recall there was a thread exactly about this issue prior to the forum crash. I'm not sure if anyone found an app or solution...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 05/01/2004 at 11:55 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I love the slider switch. I do not even have to take it out of the case I keep it in on my belt. I can shut it of slickly without anyone knowing I even have a Cell. A great example is in the movie theator. When they run that "Turn Off your phone and pager" clip, everyone is digging around and poking at their cell's to shut off the ringer, or power them off. I just lower my left hand and *flip* my phone is silent! I wish my Kyocera 6035 had that feature! (I wish ALL phoned had that feature)
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I concur w/ gfunkmagic!
  5.    #5  
    Hi again everyone,

Thanks for sharing experiences with me.
    I am using my Treo 600 with Krusell Classic Case which has only a soft plastic cover over the screen. The case blocks the ringer switch a little bit. So I always needed to put a little extra effort sliding the ringer switch to silent mode .
    I don’t use the belt clip because I move a lot. Apart from the fact that I thought my Treo is a little bit bulky to be hanging on my waist, I am also afraid that I might crush it against something like the edge of a table etc. I always keep it inside my front pocket (of course with no other things).

As for the stylus. I hate to use the stylus. Most of the time I use my friendly little fingers to do all the ‘taping’. Besides, who need the stylus when you have a QWERTY keyboard?

So, here am I wishing somebody would come out with that particular utility for my treo.

Anyway, thanks again.

~lanujang
    Maybe Profiles will work for you?
  7.    #7  
    thanks TR30.
    appreciate it very much.

~lanujang
    Lanujang, not quite what you are speaking about but check out my SoundOff application that I posted yesterday. It works well for those of us who forget about the switch.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  9.    #9  
    thanks quickster,
    i'll keep in touch.

~lanujang