Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Am I the only one here who is having a problem trying to add an attachment in an email app and having the Treo reset everytime?

It happens in both Snappermail and HS Mail. If I compose a message, then try to add an attachment, BOOM, it resets everytime.

I would really like to get this fixed! Help!

trout256
    Never had it happen, can't help much......
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Sorry. I wish I could help. Where is the attachment you are trying to send? "Camera or Sounds"

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
  4.    #4  
    Well, it does not matter what kind of attachment I am trying to send...and what I mean is, it never gets to that point. As soon as I press the little attachment icon in Snappermail, BOOM, reset. Same thing in HS Mail - as soon as I go to (menu), (insert attachment), BOOM, reset.

trout256
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Had you installed any app before add an attachment in an email app to make Treo reset?

I never had experience a problem before.
  6.    #6  
    The last app I remember installing was Qlaunch. I have deleted it, but still no luck.

Maybe I am going to have to warm-reset and wipe the memory totally, then install EVERYTHING all over again? NO!! HELP!

trout256
    Same problem here too - clicking on Insert Attachment on PalmOne Mail resets my T6
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trout256
    The last app I remember installing was Qlaunch. I have deleted it, but still no luck.

Maybe I am going to have to warm-reset and wipe the memory totally, then install EVERYTHING all over again? NO!! HELP!

trout256
    Wipe it all off from memory. Set new hotsync username. Install software that you use on Treo. After everything work very well. Then you can change it back to your username.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    It has to be due to some 3rd party application conflict that you have installed. The only way you can verify this is by deleting them one by one until you find the one that is causing the problem. This kind of sucks doing it this way, but I had to do the same thing with a problem I had with warm resets.
    Try using **377 (SPCS) or #*377 (GSM) to see what is causing the reset. Good luck!
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"
    FWIW, I had the same problem: trying to insert an attachment immediately reset my Treo 600.

In my case, I tracked it down to a preferences problem. I used SysTool to delete the 'HsAH' entries in in my Unsaved Preferences, and I think that did the trick.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sugato
    Same problem here too - clicking on Insert Attachment on PalmOne Mail resets my T6
    My 600 also resets when attempting to insert an attachment with the PalmOne email software. There has to be a solution more convenient than a wipe and reload.

Quote Originally Posted by stickb0y
    In my case, I tracked it down to a preferences problem. I used SysTool to delete the 'HsAH' entries in in my Unsaved Preferences, and I think that did the trick.
    I'll give it a try and let everyone know how I make out. Thanks
    Last edited by limoman; 05/24/2004 at 05:26 AM.
    I would be curious to know if deleting HsAH works, because I am having the same problem as well. Please let us know limoman.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    DO YOU HAVE THE NEW FIRMWARE? If you have the new firmware and you HAVE NOT deleted the old Beta HS email application, you should delete it. You will then see the new one in ROM.

Just an idea...
    Phildro,

I just tried that and nothing appears to have changed. The mail version remains 1.02a.
    Unfortunately, I think your best bet is to do a hard reset (after backing up your backup folders and any other you think you might need) and re-install each application that you know you will want or need one by one, testing your email problem after each program you re-install. That's what I would do at this point anyway. Seems like you've tried everything short of this with no satisfaction....

Good luck.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    I am haviing similar issue after running 1.13 upgrade..I email myself a picture...then try to save it to camera and it resets every damn time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenft
    I would be curious to know if deleting HsAH works, because I am having the same problem as well. Please let us know limoman.
    OK...the results are in. Deleting the HsAH files worked!!! I can once again attach files (sound or picture) to my emails. I used the SysTools program provided in one of the earlier messages in this thread. But I have to tell you it was a bit scary because I really wasn't sure if the HsAH files I was deleting (I had 4) were all associated with this problem. So be sure to have a full current back up in case you mess something up deleting these files. In my case, everything seems to be OK!
    Last edited by limoman; 05/24/2004 at 08:07 AM.
    i would love to do this but have no clue where to even find these files to delete....anyone have simple instructions for me? Please

I did say please
    Sure. They are on your PC (assuming you have a PC, if you have a MAC, I can't tell ya). On my PC, the path is C>>Program Files>>Handspring>>CC>>Backup. Personally, I would just copy the entire CC folders contents and then paste them somewhere else, like your desktop or some other temp folder, then delete the contents of each folder within the CC folder....

Hope this helps, and "Please" is nice!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast