1.    #1  
    does anyone have any stories about the bellagio case avalable on treo central, i bought it and it looks great, am debating whether or not i need a screen protector as well, if i do can i use a pda screen protector and trim it dowqn, or do i need a treo specvific screen protector..
    thanks
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I love my Bellagio "open-faced" case. I would definitely suggest using a screen protector from day one, no matter what kind of case you decide on or none at all. Very cheap insurance for your screen. They can be cut to size if you didn't buy one to fit. I got some TREO-specific on EB*Y.

burrzoo

3.    #3  
    Thanks a lot for the info I will check on ebay or try to get me pda ones down to size...
    I just got the Bellagio open-face case, and it would be perfect except the snap over the top doesn't really stay on and keeps popping off. Is mine defective - should I exchange it for another one? Or is that how they all are? From the design of the snap, it doesn't seem like it can get much better.

I think the Boxwave "clear-touch" screen protector is really good and would recommend it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76
    I just got the Bellagio open-face case, and it would be perfect except the snap over the top doesn't really stay on and keeps popping off. Is mine defective - should I exchange it for another one? Or is that how they all are? From the design of the snap, it doesn't seem like it can get much better.

I think the Boxwave "clear-touch" screen protector is really good and would recommend it.
    YOU just need to really push the case in snugly, and the snap will close, it might not snap shut, because it is really more of a magnet than an actual snap. i couldnt get it working right away, but i pushed it in snugly on staurday ngiht and over night it already was holding great. so far no porblems, i think you just have to make sure you have it in all the way!
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    How does the bellagio case compare to the Vaja IVolution, or any other form fit case for that matter?

I really want the vaja but the price is insane and the bellagio looks like an ok compromise. The Krussell... I don't think I would like to type over the plastic cover on the keypad.

What about the Covertec or Palmone Treo 600 form fit case? Anyone try all of them??
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    How does the bellagio case compare to the Vaja IVolution, or any other form fit case for that matter?

I really want the vaja but the price is insane and the bellagio looks like an ok compromise. The Krussell... I don't think I would like to type over the plastic cover on the keypad.

What about the Covertec or Palmone Treo 600 form fit case? Anyone try all of them??
    I tried both the Covertec and the Palmone form fit cases. I LOVED the red Covertec and was sad to return it but I can't stand what that plastic shield over the screen does to the touchscreen. It basically ruined it for me. Same thing with the PalmOne case. It is really hard to use the touchscreen and you have to push down so hard ... it was really frustrating. I highly recommend the Bellagio combined with the Boxwave clear touch screen protector. Perfect combination, IMO.
    The iVolution is much more rigid than any of the other cases. It feels more like a "hard" case then a soft leather one.

I've tried most of the cases. It just depends on what your needs are.

Plastic on the front or not?

Flip cover or not?

Pouch style or flip style?

Horitzontal or vertical?

There isn't one perfect case. You've got to first narrow the field then it's easier to pick one.
    I purchased the BELLAGIO open case w/ an extra belt clip.
    Also purchased the BOXWAVE screen protector.
    BOTH ARE FANTASTIC!!

Also - another great accessory from Boxwave is the retractable sync and power cord, along with the cigarette lighter adapter. A MUST HAVE!!

LES
    Be careful with the retractable sync and power cable. If you don't insert in properly into the Treo while hot syncing it will cause a hard reset. It's happened to a few people around here, myself included. I no longer use it.
    My biggest problem with the Bellagio cell phone style case is that it blocks the camera.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Got my case last week, was abit worried first since snap was very tight and put pressure on the SD card so it popped out evertime i opened the closing loop.

After a few days the leather had stretch a bit and now it fits perfect,my only complaint is while shut the closure loop on top blocks the camera.

Overall im happy with it as it probably does the same job as the Vaja case, probably a bit bulkier but on the other hand the closure loop prevents the SD card from running away.

/Andreas
    I just got my Bellagio case yesterday and I did have to push/slide/squirm/manipulate the case around the phone. I now have a problem with the synch/power cable plugging in securely on first try. The belt clip is awesome as I unclip the phone whenever I'm driving and sitting at my desk. I'm using it in combination with a screen protector. I think I'm going to give this a go for a week or so and see how I feel after that.

Henry