Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

My dad just gave me a treo (he loves gadgets but doesn't have the patience to read the manual) and i've been on cloud nine since then (I used to have a Visor Platinum and a nokia 8820-thank god for colour!)

Anyways, i've been reading up on cases to protect my investment and i have narrowed down on 2 potential candidates:
    1. Krusell Classic Case
    2. Bellagio Case

As u can tell from my choices, I'm looking for a form fit case. My other criteria include access to the touchscreen via stylus and i do NOT want a belt clip because i don't wear a belt!!!

At the moment I am more keen to get the krusell case because it has a clear protective screen over the keys. Before I order it, I would just like to confirm that the screen is actually accessible, because I read somewhere in one of the discussions that the Krusell case has a plastic screen that covers the WHOLE face including the screen, yet on the Treo Central Store site it clearly says: "The front of the case is made out of clear plastic, and there is a cut-out for the screen ".
    What gives?
    Does anyone have any experience with the case WITHOUT the belt clip? Is it bulky?

Oh btw today i checked out the new aluminium hard case, which is built like a tank, adds too much bulk and doesn't allow u quick access to the keys or the screen.

hope to hear from u guys.
    The_ Ducky
  2. dhl
    The old version of the krusell classic case had plastic over the entire screen, but the new version has a screen cutout. I personally prefer the old style, but it sounds like the new version is just what you want.
    I had the Bellagio and sent it back. The cover kept flipping off when it interfered with the swivel clip. It also caused my SD card to pop out.

Picked up the new Krussel last week and LOVE it. It's very low profile and I actually like the keyboard better through the plastic cover.
    The Bellagio doesn't seem to fit the GSM model properly...I tried it as well.

Where can you get the "old" krussel case?
  5. dhl
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Lots of them on eBay.
    I'd need a little more information on this Krussel Classic case with the screen cut out. I'm trying to decide which one to pick up and my only concern with the new Krussel (with screen cut out) is that the plastic is removed all the way to the top of the leather, which might allow the top leather to slip off. Did they leave the plastic over the earpiece? Sorry if this has been covered but I've searched for quite a while on this. Otherwise, it seems like this is the case for me.
    I know Kung Fu...
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    The Treo Central store says the Krusell case is available either with or without the plastic covering. So perhaps you can order it from here.

http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=21
  8. dhl
    yes, the plastic is still over the earpiece and extends to the very top of the screen area. It's very secure.
    Thanks, dhl, that's exactly what I needed to know. I'm off to the TreoCentral store (or whereever else is cheaper).
    I know Kung Fu...
    i havethe new style, and i would like the old style. i got the new style because one of the ebay online store showed me the "old style". anyway, i have the screen protector applied on the treo screen. but still would like to have the "2nd" protection on the screen thou
    Quote Originally Posted by hostage46
    I had the Bellagio and sent it back. The cover kept flipping off when it interfered with the swivel clip. It also caused my SD card to pop out.

Picked up the new Krussel last week and LOVE it. It's very low profile and I actually like the keyboard better through the plastic cover.
    Exactly which Krussel case do you speak of? I am also searching for a good case thats form-fitting, sd card friendly, and has a cut out so the mic. reciever hole can pick up sound freely when using sound recording apps or on calls. Also with some type of clip, not specifically a belt clip, but one that allows you to wear the case without an actual belt.
    Which case best fits this criteria?

-Cut out for mic. (free to pick up sound for sound recording apps)

-SD card friendly (prefferably secures card)

-Wearable (general clip/even without a belt)

-Screen accessable (if not a cut-out/a highly sensitive exact fit)
    My only question is: Does it fit in the cradle? I'd really like to know since my current choice is between Bellagio and Krussell. any feedback would be appreciated.
    thanks.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Just received my Krussel case and one thing i noticed is that there is no cut out for the sd card if i have a reset i have to remove the case does anyone else have the same problem or do i have a missing cut out.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    Just received my Krussel case and one thing i noticed is that there is no cut out for the sd card if i have a reset i have to remove the case does anyone else have the same problem or do i have a missing cut out.

Fred
    Fred

I love the Krusell case. Just purchased on myself after my previous Treo 600 and case was stolen.

The ONLY thing that I would complain about is what you stated...."there is no cut out for the sd card."
    Just got my Krussel Classic case yesterday. Great fit, it doesn't stick out too far from my waist with the included swivel clip and the quality is excellent. I'm having a little trouble with the cut out for the headphone jack, as the hole isn't staying in quite the right spot, but I'm sure I can fix that in time. There is no SD card cut out but that's no big deal for me (perhaps I haven't figured out all the uses for the card and why I would need to remove it, I just barely got the card and have only had the T600 for a month). Thanks for the input!
    I know Kung Fu...
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm

Fred
    must we remove the card everytime after reset? please explain...

~nunuknanak
    Thanks for all the comments about the Krusell case. I'm looking at it for a couple reasons. I didn't like the PalmOne form fit case because of the screen hampering stylus input, so the cut out for the screen is appealing. I plan to use a screen protector. I also would like to carry the Treo in my pocket as opposed to on my belt - a little less "techno-conspicuous." But I like the idea of using a wrist strap, as I did with the Sony Clie UX40 I've been using before now, to add some safety when I'm handling the unit. It appears that the Multidapt system of the Krusell will allow you to attach a wrist strap. Anybody doing it this way?

The pictures at the Treo store don't include a top view. From people's comments, I understand that the SD slot in inaccessible. But what about the wireless mode and mute swithces? Are there cutouts for those?

Thanks.

Ken.
    I just read the description of the Krusell case at the Treo store, and apparently there are cutouts for the on-off and ring silencer switches. To get to the SD card, I'm assuming you have to remove the Treo from the case, right?

One more question I forgot to ask. Apparently the plastic on the cutout version of the case still covers the top front part of the Treo, above the screen. Does that cause any problems hearing through the ear speaker?

Thanks.

Ken
    The hole on my Krusell case does not line up perfectly with the speaker, but I can hear without problems. There are cut outs for those switches on top that are easy to use. I find it difficult to remove the stylus. Also, the SD card on mine pops out all the time (I haven't filed it down yet, as discussed somewhere in this forum, perhaps in this thread) so I usually leave it popped out (it makes the leather on top protrude a little but it's ok) until I need it. I've had mine for about six weeks and the little "male" end of the case, the Multidapt "button" that slides into the back of the case which is then inserted into a belt clip, broke two days ago when I bumped the Treo against the arm of a chair. I had to order another "button", so I opted for a metal one. We'll see how that goes. All in all, I really like the Krusell case and would buy it again.
    I know Kung Fu...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast