Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21  
    This product has have some awesome reviews before I consider purchasing it. Way too pricey for what it gets you in my opinion. What am I really gonna gain with this cradle that tells me why I should pull out my credit card today?

    Has this been tested during it's "months of testing and use in many environments" if it will fit fine with cases such as Vaja's on the Treo? What about bluetooth extenders such as Jabras?

    You list things that have nothing to do with the cradle (Example: Teflon is in my wet chemistry lab) but not enough about the product itself. More about the Quick Release Battery, height and weight. PLEASE PROMOTE WHY IT'S A MUST HAVE FOR THE MONEY? It's not like you're asking for just $20, show me the value...

    I like the cradle idea, don't see enough bang for the expensive buck.
  2. #22  
    It kinda reminded me of the bit on Saturday Night Live years ago where Father Guido Sarducci was endorsing the Mr. Tea machine. (With proper Chico Marx accent "You put the cup with a teabag on the bottom, and pour boiling water in the top."
  3. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #23  
    What exactly does this do over the standard holder besides have a place for the headset? Outside of looking fancy, I would have to think anyone could go out make this for a lot cheaper. Isn't it just the extended battery glued to a piece of metal?
  4. #24  
    Working for a software company, maybe I don't understand this logic fully, but basically this beta program sucks.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    What exactly does this do over the standard holder besides have a place for the headset? Outside of looking fancy, I would have to think anyone could go out make this for a lot cheaper. Isn't it just the extended battery glued to a piece of metal?
    For one, it's a big cradle for the exec's in your company that have a problem with size.... They can put it on their desk, never use it and look really cool. LOL!
  6. #26  
    I think we're having a premiere on TreoCentral. ArcBody is actually a Forum Spam Robot. I don't know who developed this particular one, but whoever did it, he sure is one h*ll of a programmer!

    He just needs to iron out the bugs. For example at least *pretend* the robot is participating in a thread and is interacting with other contributors. Maybe he could email a beta version (cost of any required return shipping on him, of course) ?
  7. #27  
    I'm scared....
  8. #28  
    Why on earth would ANYBODY participate in this spam-scam, er, I mean, beta-scam, er, beta test??? Several valid points/concerns were raised, not one addressed....curious marketing strategy.

    Oh, and $150 for a cradle made out of a extra battery? Reasonable???


    Just my 2 cents...
    -Joe
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    Mol - Robot interacts -
    Yet still doesn't respond to product-related questions/concerns.....interesting strategy (oh yeah, and posting a questionable pic of tyson grabbing his package???? Professional? Think maybe my business dollars will go elsewhere.



    YMMV
    -Joe
  10. #30  
    You are all missing the point!! It's made of Teflon damnit!!!

    Remember the movie The Graduate? Plasitics? Teflon is a plastic sort of?

    So it's the future!! You must buy it! It goes to your Treo!

    And.....and here is the big reason......Based on the picture from our robot spammer, Mike Tyson evidentially uses it for a Cup!!!!!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  11. #31  
    I knew this and was just looking it up for some of you dummies!!

    Description of Ad Hominem
    Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

    An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:


    Person A makes claim X.
    Person B makes an attack on person A.
    Therefore A's claim is false.
    The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).

    Example of Ad Hominem

    Bill: "I believe that abortion is morally wrong."
    Dave: "Of course you would say that, you're a priest."
    Bill: "What about the arguments I gave to support my position?"
    Dave: "Those don't count. Like I said, you're a priest, so you have to say that abortion is wrong. Further, you are just a lackey to the Pope, so I can't believe what you say."
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  12. #32  
    ArcBody has vanished! Did he ever exisist?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    ArcBody has vanished! Did he ever exisist?
    Yeah, even the Ads have been removed.

    Here's my theory:
    The Bot needed some rework it seems so he had gone to his wet lab, slipped on some teflon and found other uses for teflon. You take a piece of metal, attach some teflon ball barrings, put a flag on it and you can make that flag swivel any direction you want. I'm looking forward to the beta test model that has had "months of testing" so I can give him a 400% profit on materials.
  14. #34  
    What a bummer! I had just scraped together enough money to get one too.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    Carl Schwartz - Carl@MDISI.com - 516-921-0508
    Carl Schwartz obituary:
    http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilchrist/bits/ccschwartz.html
  16.    #36  
    Dylan Graham - Why are you "looking a bit lopsided"?

    ===========================================

    MDISI Treo 600 Universal Charge / Sync Desk Cradles are in production

    ==> FIFO wait list - maintained by Marcus Adolfsson

    Hands-free Vehicle-Specific Car Cradles


    Positioning Treo for "Safe Sight" and Easy Reach

    Individual Customer Requirements and Special Needs.

    ~ Carl "ArcBody"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ArcBody; 05/08/2004 at 05:07 AM.
  17. #37  
    Looks like there's an awful lot of equipment in that van. Must be the biggest car mount ever! I assume it leverages the new fw 3.04 voice recognizition to enable hands-free driving as well?
  18. #38  
    IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Looks like there's an awful lot of equipment in that van. Must be the biggest car mount ever! I assume it leverages the new fw 3.04 voice recognizition to enable hands-free driving as well?
    Hi Mol ~

    Assume you see this vehicle all the time. ?

    It's the only one in the US - That I'm aware of.

    You got it, a few workstations, rack-mounts,
    ~12 Hours of 120v 1,800 Watt conditioned AC power (Intrinsically Safe)
    ======================================================
    About to watch Formula One Qualifying ~ Later
  20. #40  
    ArcBody,

    I will save you four hours. Shoemaker wins again! LOL

    Just kidding.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions