Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Holy Crap!

Looks great.
    How mutch to have a custom Marvin The Martian theme housing made? (I can replace it myself, I just want the housing) I want to have the coolest Treo600 in the area.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Too bad no one sells replacement covers for the phone. I really like the look of the SprintPCS cover compared to the silver GSM one I have.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  4.    #5  
    I installed an OEM lithium polymer battery pad inside this unit replacing the factory battery. It now lasts at least 3X longer, but I don't know if it will blow up yet. Still testing it. It's obviously not designed for this phone.
    Wow, I'm impressed. Where did you get that done? And are there are any other colors besides Ferrari Red?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Since I am a McLaren fan (yes, I am aware they are doing terrible)...

I would have to say, "Booooo."
    Cool! Looks great
    I think he removed his covers and painted them and reinstalled them?

Am I correct?

How come China does not make cheap cover replacements for our Treo? Is it that difficult to take it apart?

I see so many knock-off covers for Nokia phones.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I love that VooDoo you do so well!!
    Looks killer!
    is it possible to change the treo housing ?
    i cant see how can i open the casing ?

any tutorials ?
    Looks good except for VooDoo (whatever that is) and the symboly thing on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanward
    Too bad no one sells replacement covers for the phone. I really like the look of the SprintPCS cover compared to the silver GSM one I have.
    Stan
    Interesting. Most Sprint Treo users I know wish they had the silver version. I guess the grass is greener on the other side.
    Voodoo is a PC manufacturer. I love what they have done to the Treo as they have done to their towers: http://www.voodoopc.com/systems/tower.aspx

They are obviously set up to do this kind of thing but if it was somewhat easy, the possibilities are endless.

Palmlover
    Thanks PalmLover. I don't care about their logo on my phone and I don't know why anyone else would. To me it's a lateral move from Sprint and Handspring/PalmOne logos to VooDoo logo's. Make it brand-free and you might have something. I still don't think many people will pay more than $20 for a new look, much like changing face plates. It's good wow factor, but I need some functionality if I'm going to part with any really money. What were you thinking of charging for such a thing? How would I get it done to my current Treo without giving up my phone for a week or more? If you are selling it directly would you honor all discounts that PalmOne/Sprint/etc. would offer?
    I don't think anybody is selling this as a service, I think envyme works for Vodoo, they ordered some Treos and probably painted them for a laugh because they had the talent and facilties. However, if I were a large enterprise ordering a whole slew of Treo 600's, it might be a nice-to-have, to have the company logo and colours somehow on the the device. The ROI is terrible, it would just be a unique feature. Kind of like your company logo coming up on the screen when you power on, or your company jingle as the ring tone.

Palmlover
    I suppose you are right, but it's a lot more work to custom paint each handset vs. uploading a company logo or a company ringtone. Both of those are software that can be duplicated freely.
    Yes, but just like when you see a Honda Civic with custom paint, decals, tint etc..it makes it go faster..maybe same holds true with the 600? I'll bet surfin' is like being on a T1 line with that puppy! Add a thicker antenna, lower the keys a bit and you've got yourself the power and speed of a Sun E10K!

I think I'm on to something.......

PalmLover
    Wow.
    Point blank, what would it take to have that done to mine?
    How much? How long?
    It is really well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by envyme
    I installed an OEM lithium polymer battery pad inside this unit replacing the factory battery. It now lasts at least 3X longer, but I don't know if it will blow up yet. Still testing it. It's obviously not designed for this phone.

WOW! And the paint job is cool too! But seriously, could you please point us to where you got the replacement battery? I would love to increase the battery life by 3X!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast