Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You can get the serial number of your unit from the phone itself. It's available by going to the Phone app and going to Phone Info. Doesn't help you if it's broken, but there is another place for it. I'd suggest writing the number down somewhere safe.

By the way, I think Sprint would have a pretty weak argument voiding a warranty because their sticker fell off or became illegible under ordinary use. With customer service nowadays...don't argue...just hang up and call back...or go to a different store. Do it until you find someone that is honest and reasonable.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    If you are too nervous about painting the original treo plastics, you could always buy a dummy treo 600 phone and take it apart and attempt to paint it. I haven't tried this but I wanted to throw it out there for people who have wads of cash and want to throw in at their treos to make them look better. I'd rather spend the money on software, but hey, that's me.

dummyphones.com
    That looks like a cheap way to buy some covers... Can we work out a deal with voodoo now???
    Wow... I just checked out there site... Those computers look awesome... Droool
    Quote Originally Posted by envyme
    I imagine if there is a way to buy empty shells I could probably arrange something custom at work, but we'll have to see if that ever happens.
    Judging from the number of posts oohing-and-ahhhing I would suggest taking this to whomever is in charge of biz development at your company and seeing if they were interested. I'd pay a price to get a custom look on my Treo, though the price would be dependent on the level of customization.

I'm thinking something in Ducati Yellow, myself...and the dark e-grips would look quite cool on top of that.

'Course, if you guys decide not to do it I might have to look into it...
    Quote Originally Posted by envyme
    I installed an OEM lithium polymer battery pad inside this unit replacing the factory battery. It now lasts at least 3X longer, but I don't know if it will blow up yet. Still testing it. It's obviously not designed for this phone.
    It would be really really helpful if you could provide the specifics of the battery you installed. I understand the implication of your comments that this might not be recommended but I'm more than willing to take the risk, and would do a little monitoring and checking on my own to make sure things aren't getting dangerous. Can you tell us which battery you used and where you acquired it?
    Gotta admit, looks fantastic!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matics
    If you are too nervous about painting the original treo plastics, you could always buy a dummy treo 600 phone and take it apart and attempt to paint it. I haven't tried this but I wanted to throw it out there for people who have wads of cash and want to throw in at their treos to make them look better. I'd rather spend the money on software, but hey, that's me.

dummyphones.com
    Wondering if anyone really did this... I ordered mine, got it today... My notes;

1) Doesn't look as wide as my real one. Maybe just an illusion
    2) Has the Handspring logo, not the palmOne
    3) Its "treo", not "Treo"
    4) 5 way and 4 other buttones seemed more recessed
    5) Power and speaker don't look like they are removable
    6) The SD card area isn't punched out.
    7) The up/down volume buttons absolutely aren't knocked out
    8) Looks like there might be a knock out for the charger/headset jack
    9) Not sure about the VGA camera area.
    10) Not sure if the RESET whole has a plug or not.
    11) Can't get the stylus out.
    12) Back speaker and area for battery don't seem to be cut out at all
    13) Not sure what the deal is, but the keyboard part of the phone has some decent weight to it.

So how does one go about opening it?

Thanks, Tuc
    Hmmm..I get laid without having a custom painted cover. Somebody has too much time on their hands I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by sfreiman
    Hmmm..I get laid without having a custom painted cover. Somebody has too much time on their hands I guess

I hear that the custom paint stops premature ejaculation, though...
    i don't think modding your phone has anything to do with getting laid. same reason why people mod cars - because it's a hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by matics

dummyphones.com
    Hi,

Basically, this isn't a viable solution. I bought one, took it apart, it doesn't seem to be the same case. Save your money
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem
    I'd rather watch the paint dry on that Treo.
    Well, if you did this, you could!

Quote Originally Posted by Slem
    Anyway, who'd want to have a phone sporting the livery colours of the driver who, through his unmatched brillance, has turned Formula one into the most boring show on earth? I'd rather watch a group of Nokia phone users sit arond SMSing one another than watch a grand prix.
    Quote Originally Posted by velodev
    Since I am a McLaren fan (yes, I am aware they are doing terrible)...

I would have to say, "Booooo."
    You guys are just crybabies!!!! I have followed the red liveried cars for so long I remember when they coudn't buy a win. Oh, how soon we forget!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I'd be willing to bet that http://www.colorwarepc.com/ would colorize your treo for you.
    mmmmmmm...red cover

but i dont see any tape?
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredyth
    I'd be willing to bet that http://www.colorwarepc.com/ would colorize your treo for you.
    FYI - from ColorWare:

Even though the treo 600 is a great product, we are not offering it for our colorization services. It is not a product we have decided to do research and development on at this time. Thank you very much for expressing interest in ColorWare.

Lars Rasmussen

ColorWare Inc. Sales
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123