Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think the paint-job makes it look like a toy. Anyway, who'd want to have a phone sporting the livery colours of the driver who, through his unmatched brillance, has turned Formula one into the most boring show on earth? I'd rather watch a group of Nokia phone users sit arond SMSing one another than watch a grand prix. I'd rather watch the paint dry on that Treo.
    It's a matter of opinion. Why do so many people go out of their way to buy different faceplates for their Nokia phones? They want to be different, or they just like the new look of their cell phone.

Some people treat their cell phones differently than others. It seems as if you treat your cell phone...just as a cell phone.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    If you want to change the look of your Treo you can also get it wrapped. I had mines done back in Dec. at the Mall. It's a vinyl customized cover that is placed on the unit, you can even have a pic put into the cover if you like. Very snug and you can replace it or remove it when you like.

The back pic is a little fuzzy, (it's early in the am.) I put one of those antenna's on the back with a piece of clear tape to keep it in place so it's not as clear as the front pic.

Here's my Baby....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 05/02/2004 at 06:29 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Wow sorry for all the questions does that just come off so its normal again? If it does is it reuseable? How much did it cost? IS there any other designs?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I'm not sure you were talking to me, but hey I'll respond.

Yes it does come off (although after several months, mines show no signs of peeling) I would assume it is not reusable since it is professionally applied. Mines cost about $20.00 and there were tons of designs. You can also take a design in and have it applied to the wrap if you can find a place locally that does them.

BTW, this was the first time I EVER let someone else hold my baby for any length of time so I had to size this guy up and then get ahold of myself. I was going to the movies so it was ready when the movie was over.

I've also seen online companies do awesome wrap jobs, not that you would want to trust someone else with it like that.

Edit: Did a little research for ya and here is a thread on Sprintusers that I ran across a few months back with some online companies that do wraps and other pics of them:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wraps
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 05/02/2004 at 07:07 AM.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I love the wrap. I've seen it on other cell phones but yours is the first Treo I've seen with it applied. Too bad I've never seen this service available in my area.
  7.    #27  
    I do work for the company. We aren't offering this as a service, sorry, I just get to throw this in with a batch of notebooks and get it done. Ferrari Red may look like a toy, but so does a Ferrari I guess We paint every color you can think of, anything is better than the factory finish which will start to wear over time. The Automotive paints do not wear down at all.

Taking it apart is easy, if you know how, but requires a special tiny torque style screwdriver and some serious patience. You don't want to be left with extra parts when you're done, although I did notice by removing one of the rubber inserts I get better voice performance! (people actually hear me better).

The battery thing, that's a "cut down" lithium polymer, something that I can't really make a recommendation that anyone does at least not until I see how long it works for, or if there are any problems. I totally voided the warranty of my treo installing it (and painting it!).
  8.    #28  
    I imagine if there is a way to buy empty shells I could probably arrange something custom at work, but we'll have to see if that ever happens.
    Wow i am so intrested just where to get the shells? i would just send you my one but for one i want to be able to use the phone while you have the shell and two i want to be able to change it back to the orginal if i need to replace it
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem
    I think the paint-job makes it look like a toy. Anyway, who'd want to have a phone sporting the livery colours of the driver who, through his unmatched brillance, has turned Formula one into the most boring show on earth? I'd rather watch a group of Nokia phone users sit arond SMSing one another than watch a grand prix. I'd rather watch the paint dry on that Treo.
    LOL!

Also, the body looks great, but the battery is actually something that I'm very interested in...what do you mean by "cut down"? Did you have to perform surgery to get it to fit? And, any chance of you posting pix of you taking your treo apart? Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by envyme
    although I did notice by removing one of the rubber inserts I get better voice performance! (people actually hear me better).
    Now that's very interesting. Which plug had this effect? (My guess is the one nearest the mic, but better safe than sorry...)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    wow, that is sweet! you`ll be pretty busy with customers soon, because this some great accessorizing! nice job, bro!
    Me too! Where did you get the 3x battery replacement (better still - how did you make it fit)?
    If you are thinking of getting a paint job or applying a wrap, DO NOT cover your serial number!

I took my unit to Sprint yesterday cuz of the Network Search problems that have accelerated and they told me that doing either of the above VOIDS the warranty. Plus, when you try to take the wrap off, the Serial number comes off the unit, although the wraps are clear and you can read the serial number, it peels clean off the unit.

Fortunately for me, the Tech guy was cool (once I mentioned some technical stuff about the phone [thanks to this forum] and showed him where the phone options were on the Treo) -lol. He told me to bring it in with the Serial number on the unit and they will replace my unit tomorrow since the replacement was coming from the warehouse.

So I have to get creative and try and copy the numbers and bar codes and print it off on one of the transparent labels so that they will accept the exchange.

While it is a nice paint job, I, too, could never understand why people want to use different covers on their phones. Personally I like the silver/platinum look.
    I saw a case like this on Judge Judy once ... It went a lot like this "Oh, I am sorry... Did that paint job chip? Did it void your warranty? Are you now screwed? That's a shame..." I would think twice before breaking out the Krylon!
    I still cant open up my treo! help pls..hehehe.. I got a housing from ebay for 50 bucks including shipping, I am now getting ready to paint it metallic blue and I will post some pictures as soon as i`m done with it..in the meantime I am having a hard time trying to open this sucker up... any help would be greatly appreciated..
    It`s not how you stand by your car, It`s how you race your car.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Had that done to my first mobile, a Nokia 2110 (still got it) and the thought to do the same with the T600 has crossed my mind more than twice.
    Geekymom,

Do those stick on antennas work?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    If you are thinking of getting a paint job or applying a wrap, DO NOT cover your serial number!

I took my unit to Sprint yesterday cuz of the Network Search problems that have accelerated and they told me that doing either of the above VOIDS the warranty. Plus, when you try to take the wrap off, the Serial number comes off the unit, although the wraps are clear and you can read the serial number, it peels clean off the unit.
    That's so stupid... The serial number is stuck on the sticker, which is about the only thing on my treo that is failing. The sticker began peeling off a week into using my treo. I now have another sticker covering the bottom edge, so that it hopefully won't peel off more. I almost just removed it, but realized the serial wasn't printed underneath, but actually on the clear sticker itself. The numbers are already starting to fade off from regular use... I have Sprint's replacement protection, so I guess I have to make sure the numbers stay on somehow if I ever need to trade mine in.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast