Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quickster:

There may be a bug, but not with me. I have tried it in every possible configuration and they all seem to work (famous last words...!) However, now that I have tried it with the new feature, I cannot for the life of me imagine using it...when I use my phone that is exactly when I want to be reminded that the mute is off. If the phone were designed so that the mute is really really (I mean REALLY) obvious, well, then, this program would not be necessary. But the very reason I need it, not to say we, is that I want to be reminded. So, I, for one, just cannot imagine using this feature (tho it is a nice toy and I've enjoyed turning it on and off and seeing it work). Now that I downloaded your newest version, it is the only box I am not checking off. Is it me? Who knows. Great app without the feature, great fun app with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Quickster:

There may be a bug, but not with me. I have tried it in every possible configuration and they all seem to work (famous last words...!) However, now that I have tried it with the new feature, I cannot for the life of me imagine using it...when I use my phone that is exactly when I want to be reminded that the mute is off. If the phone were designed so that the mute is really really (I mean REALLY) obvious, well, then, this program would not be necessary. But the very reason I need it, not to say we, is that I want to be reminded. So, I, for one, just cannot imagine using this feature (tho it is a nice toy and I've enjoyed turning it on and off and seeing it work). Now that I downloaded your newest version, it is the only box I am not checking off. Is it me? Who knows. Great app without the feature, great fun app with it.
    I use it to be reminded that the mute is on, but I use my treo for more than just a phone so I am constatly reminded everytime I turn it on. I am also reminded when I get a call and it doesn't ring, so having the Soundoff splash durning a call is just another button to push. I guess it is a good thing this is just an option. You say you have tried every possible configuration. Are you talking about the new version. Does the splash show for you when you have the new option checked and get a call?
    I'm pretty sure. That's why I said "famous last words" I tried it with and without the check, and with the check there is no splash at all when I am on phone--even when it hasn't rung or when I'm not dialling; in other words, as long as I have the phone screen on, power on or powe off does not bring up the splash (and that's when I would like it, so I don't have it checked off). And without it checked, the splash comes on whether I am on phone or not. And I get vibrate just like I should when someone calls me. So it seems to have total functionality for me, even if one of the functions...doesn't seem too functional (to me...!)
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by emfletcher
    Thanks for including this option in your program. However, it is not working for me on Sprint. The splash still shows when the phone rings and when I turn the screen back on to hang up. This is with the new option checked.

Also, my phone doesn't vibrate when I get a call with Sounoff on. Is it supposed to work like this? The only way I know someone is calling is if my phone is sitting right infront of me and I see the screen turn on.

Keep up the good work.
    Both of my Treo 600s are GSM unbranded and I use T-Mobile as my provider so I cannot say anything about how Sprint phones work. However, I can say that I know of four other people in my immediate work area who have Treo 600 phones and the newest version is working for them. Two of them are Verizon, one is T-Mobile and one is an Orange branded phone (International worker bee). My phone as well as theirs also vibrate correctly with SoundOff enabled.

When you install the new version it is best to delete the old version completely because I did add a new preference. And even though I do check for a change in the preferecnes, it just appeared to work better by deleting the previous version before installing the new version.

An easy test is to be in the phone application and turn your phone off with the power button and then back on with the Phone app button. Without the new feature enabled you should see the SoundOff splash. Then go into SoundOff and enable the new feature and then repeat the process. Now when you power up in the phone app you should see no SoundOff splash but should see it in all other cases.

Other than that simple change to the code, about 30 lines by the time I got through, nothing else changed.

Again, I do not know any one with a Sprint phone but will look around and see if I can find me a local Sprint beta tester.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Mine is Sprint and, as I said in my earlier post, it SEEMS to be working perfectly. The only possible bug is that, although I have the small splash checked off, I do get the large screen at certain points, but I think it is supposed to do that. Whether or not that is intended, as I say the phone works fine, vibrates on cue, and when called, gives me a vibrate every whatever minutes, shows the splash on power on whenever muted, and doesn't when not, and is completely off on phone if I have that preference checked. And I installed this version by accident, without deleting the previous program and orphan, which is what I have done with previous versions! Go figure....
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Mine is Sprint and, as I said in my earlier post, it SEEMS to be working perfectly. The only possible bug is that, although I have the small splash checked off, I do get the large screen at certain points, but I think it is supposed to do that. Whether or not that is intended, as I say the phone works fine, vibrates on cue, and when called, gives me a vibrate every whatever minutes, shows the splash on power on whenever muted, and doesn't when not, and is completely off on phone if I have that preference checked. And I installed this version by accident, without deleting the previous program and orphan, which is what I have done with previous versions! Go figure....
    Mr. mdavis

Thanks much for that good piece of news about your Sprint phone and thanks again for the donation you made. It is really appreciated and lets me know all the work on my Treo apps is appreciated.

About the only time the large SoundOff splash screen is shown, without you actually selecting it, is when you go into SoundOff to change the preferences. And the main purpose in this case is to let you know you are in the SoundOff application.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    You're right. That's why I always couch these comments in conditionals--it turns out I didn't know you had two different places to choose the splash, where it says "small icon," and again lower down where it says select power on screen. That must be new in the last, say, two versions, because I never noticed before that point. I just changed it and now everything works as intended...as far as I can tell...!
    "your no daisy, no daisy at all."

yo DJ Quick, you do of course know your sig is wrong, right bro?

the line is:
    "I'm your Huckleberry."
    don't worry though my buddy drove around for three years with that mis-quote on a bumpersticker. Watch it two or three more times and I'll have a quote-off with ya.

BTW way cool app!

def not bad for a Tombstone quoting Tron fan.

....as always writtin on my sprint treo600...
    2000 VW Golf GLS TDI

52 mpg + 16 gal tank = farfrumpumping

yes it's a diesel !
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by ourTDI
    "your no daisy, no daisy at all."

yo DJ Quick, you do of course know your sig is wrong, right bro?

the line is:
    "I'm your Huckleberry."
    don't worry though my buddy drove around for three years with that mis-quote on a bumpersticker. Watch it two or three more times and I'll have a quote-off with ya.

BTW way cool app!

def not bad for a Tombstone quoting Tron fan.

....as always writtin on my sprint treo600...
    Well, well, well... My bad and it is corrected. Of course, it still did sort of make sense for how it was intended.

Mucho thanks for making me aware and keeping me on the straight and narrow.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I'd love to see SoundOff for the 650. Right now, it justs starts up and then closes. Hopefully support will be added soon! Thanks for the work, James
    r u plaNing on 650 support? ...i love SO, but hangs when switching apps.
  12.    #172  
    Well, if and when I get my own unlocked 650, which might happen this month sometime, I will update SoundOff so that it runs on the 650. It is such a pain in the **** when Palm keeps changing things on us developers. Especially things that really do not need changing. But then, why should Palm care about all the people that made Palm what it used to be when it was good.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I hear ya quick! wish u had close friend w/650 to work with. I am in clearwater.. u r welcome to come play w/my 650 to uprade soundoff. I gather huRicane tracker wiL also need updated.. were u ever able to get direct fEd for easier input?
    Hmm, SoundOff working without incident for me (GSM)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    I gather huRicane tracker wiL also need updated.. were u ever able to get direct fEd for easier input?
    Hey johnski, you may want to think about leaving the "Click" feature in KeyCaps650 "lowered" or cranking the interval down to a tiny number. You're capping your doubles...
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    But then, why should Palm care about all the people that made Palm what it used to be when it was good.
    now thats a good one !
  17.    #177  
    Okay, I orderd my unlocked GSM Treo 650 on 2 February 2005 and paid for overnight shipping and received it on Saturday, 11 February 2005.

It is a much improved phone but there are certain things from the 600 I wish it had retained. Personally, I do not like the way they changed the 5-way naviogator operation. To me it was better when we could assign our own app choices to the operation. And unless someone has found a method to delete the built-in favorites choices, I really hate the choices they made and that they made them the defaults. Grrr.

So this weekend I really looked at my SoundOff code and the PalmOne SDK and could find no problems. I did update the icon to be hires and personally, I think it looks mucho good.

I also did all kinds of testing and could not get it to fail. It appeared to work with every app I tried and did just what the app was intended to do, notify you that the sound is off.

I have attached the latest version to my post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Okay, I orderd my unlocked GSM Treo 650 on 2 February 2005 and paid for overnight shipping and received it on Saturday, 11 February 2005.

It is a much improved phone but there are certain things from the 600 I wish it had retained. Personally, I do not like the way they changed the 5-way naviogator operation. To me it was better when we could assign our own app choices to the operation. And unless someone has found a method to delete the built-in favorites choices, I really hate the choices they made and that they made them the defaults. Grrr.

So this weekend I really looked at my SoundOff code and the PalmOne SDK and could find no problems. I did update the icon to be hires and personally, I think it looks mucho good.

I also did all kinds of testing and could not get it to fail. It appeared to work with every app I tried and did just what the app was intended to do, notify you that the sound is off.

I have attached the latest version to my post.
    Quickster,

Any benefit to those of us with Sprint Treo 600s to do this updgrade?
    Tks in advance
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Quickster,

Any benefit to those of us with Sprint Treo 600s to do this updgrade?
    Tks in advance
    The only thing I did was update the icon to hi-res. Other than that, nothing changed.

I still believe in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    The only thing I did was update the icon to hi-res. Other than that, nothing changed.

I still believe in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    Tks Quickster. You da Man!
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast