Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    I too will make a donation. On 3.0 I can't get the "full screen" to work. With either choice I get the small splash screen in the middle. The only time I see the full scren is when the switch is off and I launch the Sound Off app from the application launcher
    My full screen works fine. I tested it for 5 mins and the full screen came on.
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I too will make a donation. On 3.0 I can't get the "full screen" to work. With either choice I get the small splash screen in the middle. The only time I see the full scren is when the switch is off and I launch the Sound Off app from the application launcher
    I am guessing you most likely have the "Only show notification at poweron" checked. Trying unchecking that function.

It was a presumption on my part during the overhaul that if you have "Only show notification at poweron" enabled you are not interested in seeing any other visual notification that would be time related. You can, however, use the vibrate mode with the "Only show notification at poweron" function.

Hope that answers your question and explains the rationale for the design.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    In other words, if you have "Only show notification..." etc. you can still have it vibrate periodically? If so, I think that is what most of the posters desired; at any rate, it's all I wanted! I'll download it now and give it a try. Thanks.
    Wow! It just vibrated after being turned off for five minutes.
    And again after another five minutes. And the splash screen seems to come on whenever I power up. All I ever wanted. What a neat app! Guess I'll see if I can help out with some chips and beer during that rather low-budget retirement. We can sit in the park together. And watch the California Girls...or East Coast Girls...or whatever.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Wow! It just vibrated after being turned off for five minutes.
    And again after another five minutes. And the splash screen seems to come on whenever I power up. All I ever wanted. What a neat app! Guess I'll see if I can help out with some chips and beer during that rather low-budget retirement. We can sit in the park together. And watch the California Girls...or East Coast Girls...or whatever.
    Well, it took a little while to get it together but I think the right combination was finally hit upon.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I wonder if SoundOff can be set up so that it displays its screen whenever the Treo is turned on (when the sound is turned off). That's really all I need and want. If so, it eludes me. This way, it would simply continue to remind that I have the sound turned off.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by bremeski
    I wonder if SoundOff can be set up so that it displays its screen whenever the Treo is turned on (when the sound is turned off). That's really all I need and want. If so, it eludes me. This way, it would simply continue to remind that I have the sound turned off.
    Well, if you only want to receive a visual notification that your sound is muted every time you turn your device on, all you need to do is make sure that you enable the auto detecting ring switch and only show notification at poweron. Enable SoundOff after a reset is optional but worthwhile. Choose notify method and choose vibrate option can both be set to - none -.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    OK. I have it working the way I need now. I wish the power on notification could be full screen also, but I am happy to have the notification on every power on. Thanks.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by bremeski
    OK. I have it working the way I need now. I wish the power on notification could be full screen also, but I am happy to have the notification on every power on. Thanks.
    Originally, and what seems like a long time ago in a land far, far away, that was the way I designed the application. However, public opinion was voiced and so was changed. But you know what, I might just go back and make that another option and see how it works out. After all, the BIG SoundOff screen can be dismissed with the center button. As well, it can be dismissed with the 'return' key on the keyboard. A little option I try and include in all my Treo applications.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    That would be coolio. Thanks in advance!
  12.    #152  
    Okay, there were no problems in the previous version but there was yet another request for one more configuration feature that was pretty easy to add, so I did.

Hopefully this should be the last update for awhile as I need to start looking at a couple of my other Treo apps.

What's New in SoundOff 3.1

Added another configuration option for the User. You can now select between having the small SoundOff splash screen show up when you power up your Treo or you can show the large SoundOff screen. You can dismiss the large screen using the center button of the 5-way naviagator or you can just hit the 'return' key on the keyboard. The 'return' key exit function is something I try and include in all my Treo apps as it makes exiting the program easier in most cases.

Forgot something. There is also a Test Time in the delay choice. This is set at 25 seconds and is there in case you need to verify that everything is working. It beats having to wait for 5 minutes to pass which can seem like an eternity.

The zipped version contains some documentation for what it is worth.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by quickster; 07/24/2004 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Grammar
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    This new option is absolutely perfect. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I upgraded from 2.6 to 3.1 and noticed a major difference in the delay time for the small icon notification to disappear at poweron on my Treo 600.

In 2.6, the small icon appears at poweron, and pressing the center button to dismiss keyguard also dismisses the notification. In 3.1, the small icon appears, but it is necessary to press the center button twice, first to dismiss keyguard, and second to dismiss the SoundOff notification. If I wait about an additional second, the SoundOff notification disappears, but this extra second delay wasn't present in 2.6.

I'm not sure if this represents a lengthening of the notification delay time from 2.6 to 3.1, or if the button presses are being handled differently, but 2.6 appears to work more smoothly in this regard.
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by mathguru
    I upgraded from 2.6 to 3.1 and noticed a major difference in the delay time for the small icon notification to disappear at poweron on my Treo 600.

In 2.6, the small icon appears at poweron, and pressing the center button to dismiss keyguard also dismisses the notification. In 3.1, the small icon appears, but it is necessary to press the center button twice, first to dismiss keyguard, and second to dismiss the SoundOff notification. If I wait about an additional second, the SoundOff notification disappears, but this extra second delay wasn't present in 2.6.

I'm not sure if this represents a lengthening of the notification delay time from 2.6 to 3.1, or if the button presses are being handled differently, but 2.6 appears to work more smoothly in this regard.
    Okay, here's the scoop on what you are experiencing.

Up until version 3.0 the small splash screen automatically dismissed itself after about 900 milliseconds. There was never a need to tap the screen in version 2.6 and less. And the center button of the 5-way navigator never was implemented in the those early versions.

In 3.0 and now 3.1 the center button works and yes you will have to press the button twice, once for keyguard, if you enable it, and once for SoundOff.

This is the way that 99.9% of the Users wanted it to function. They wanted to control the dismissal of the splash.

Here are the release notes.

What's New in SoundOff 3.1

Added yet another configuration option for the User. You can now select between having the small SoundOff splash screen show up when you power up your Treo or you can show the large SoundOff screen. You can dismiss the large screen using the center button of the 5-way naviagator or you can just hit the 'return' key on the keyboard. The 'return' key exit function is something I try and include in all my Treo apps as it makes exiting the program easier in most cases.

Forgot something. There is also a Test Time in the delay choice. This is set at 25 seconds and is there in case you need to verify that everything is working. It beats having to wait for 5 minutes to pass which can seem like an eternity.

What's New in SoundOff 3.0

Biggest change is the new SoundOff splash screen and the three different ways it can be dismissed.
    1) Center button of the 5-way naviagator.
    2) Tap the splash screen with your finger or stylus
    3) Wait just a couple of seconds.

The vibrate notification now works while the screen is off. I also changed the selection of vibrate times to 1, 2 or 3.

Enabling the auto-detect ring switch option will always show the new SoundOff splash screen when you move the ringer switch to the mute position from the normal position (sound on or not muted).

You may also dismiss the large SoundOff screen using the center button of the 5-way naviagator.
    Last edited by quickster; 07/24/2004 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Grammar
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I just tried this (3.1), using also OnlyMe for security, as well as Butler. It is great to see these all working well together! Thank you!
    I love Soundoff. I just would like to see one change. i have Soundoff set to only show on power on. This means it shows when I get a call and when I hang up a call (using TreoGuard). Could you make it possible to disable Soundoff when the phone app is in use so these won't happen. Thanks.
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by emfletcher
    I love Soundoff. I just would like to see one change. i have Soundoff set to only show on power on. This means it shows when I get a call and when I hang up a call (using TreoGuard). Could you make it possible to disable Soundoff when the phone app is in use so these won't happen. Thanks.
    I will see about implementing that function sometime this week. Good idea, not sure why I or some of the others never thought about it. Just shows to go you that it takes all kinds of Users to make an app really work.

I think I will make it an option but not sure about that part really. It might should always work that way. Except, some other User may want it the original way. Sigh...
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  19.    #159  
    What's New in SoundOff 3.2

Added an option for those who use TreoGuard and have it configured such that the Power button turns the screen off and on. Well, as it turns out turning the screen on and off during a call would fire off SoundOff and some found that annoying. So, in SoundOff you can disable SoundOff when in the phone application by putting a check in the "Disable when in the phone application" checkbox. That's it. Plain and simple.

I have tested this quite a bit and have had no problems but please let me know how it works for you.

Incidentally, the zipped version contains documentation.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Thanks for including this option in your program. However, it is not working for me on Sprint. The splash still shows when the phone rings and when I turn the screen back on to hang up. This is with the new option checked.

Also, my phone doesn't vibrate when I get a call with Sounoff on. Is it supposed to work like this? The only way I know someone is calling is if my phone is sitting right infront of me and I see the screen turn on.

Keep up the good work.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast