1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from lightwav 1.41 to lightwav 2.1. In the previous version, I was using cover up sounds, and they worked very well. Now when I attempt to use them I get dead silence. When the phone rings from the designated caller, and I push the designated button to activate the cover up sound, the window with the sound pops up I push OK, and nothing.

The sounds work when I test them, and the assigned ring tones work, just no cover up sounds.

Any one have any suggestions.
    Last edited by Demo; 05/01/2004 at 09:15 AM.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Same thing here
    Same here... disappointed
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo
    I just upgraded from lightwav 1.41 to lightwav 2.1. In the previous version, I was using cover up sounds, and they worked very well. Now when I attempt to use them I get dead silence. When the phone rings from the designated caller, and I push the designated button to activate the cover up sound, the window with the sound pops up I push OK, and nothing.

The sounds work when I test them, and the assigned ring tones work, just no cover up sounds.

Any one have any suggestions.
    make sure the paths in the sound/video prefs are correct. you now need to assign a coverup folder. you can set to /audio or the entire card.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  5.    #5  
    Found the answer. Danny got back to me from toy-soft. You need to put the cover-up sounds in a separate directory on your SD card. Then under sound and video preferences, you need to indicate you have the sounds in a custom directory, and identify the path.

Works like a champ. This evidently is required for all versions 2.0 and higher.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Thanks Demo for solving this!
    Purely out of curiosity, could you post when you've used a cover-up sound, for which reason, and what sound you used? I just don't see myself ever using the function.
    Mol et al,

I have the same lack of need of any cover-up feature and would like to know how to totally disable this feature besides not upgrading to v2.1?

I have on a couple of occasions now, had the cover-up screen appear and interfere when attempting to enter my OnlyMe password!

Toysoft or smiley88, please provide a disable option for cover-up.

Thanks,
    Ndugu