Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    > There doesn't appear to even be an upgrade option.

That's not correct. If you bought WebViewer for $19.99 [and optionally used the key to enable WebViewer on the Treo], you can upgrade to the Treo-optimized version, no charge. Now, if you bought the $19.99 either after we released the treo-optimized version or for a non-Treo device, you cannot upgrade to the $29.99 version, but you can use the key (or exchanged key) to register the JAR (not PRC) version on the Treo (but, in that case, you don't get all the nify Treo-specific changes). If we didn't do this, would be difficult to prevent users from buying a $19.99 key and either using it to register the Treo-version (or some key derived from it via the key-exchange process).
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqwireless
    >If you bought WebViewer for $19.99 [and optionally used the key to enable WebViewer on the Treo], you can upgrade to the Treo-optimized version, no charge.
    FYI--I installed WebViewer 3.5.2 and exchanged my old key just a few days ago without running into any problems.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    > FYI--I installed WebViewer 3.5.2 and exchanged my old key just a few days ago without running into any problems.

Right, as-expected. The issue with the originator or this subject (jesterjo) is they bought WebViewer in mid-2003 for a non-Treo devices and, as such, are not entitled to a free upgrade to the Treo-optimized version of WebViewer (which is now $10 more than the generic version). jesterjo can, however, install the WebViewer.JAR file (via MidletHQ) and use it on the Treo600, that's fine, but for the Treo600 version, that'll need to be a new purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqwireless That's not correct. If you bought WebViewer for $19.99 [and optionally used the key to enable WebViewer on the Treo
    , you can upgrade to the Treo-optimized version, no charge. Now, if you bought the $19.99 either after we released the treo-optimized version or for a non-Treo device, you cannot upgrade to the $29.99 version...
    In my particular case , I originally bought WebViewer I believe in May 2003 for an LG5350 phone. I did a key exchange this past March to use it on my Treo 600. The reply from Reqwireless tech support that I posted earlier stated that to get the Treo 600 optimized version I would have buy the $29.99 version. But if I'm reading your post correctly, it seems like I should be able to upgrade.
    Ignore my previous post. I didn't catch the part about not being eligible for the upgrade if I originally bought if for a non-Treo device. Although, I'm not sure I understand why there's the distinction between having originally paid $19.99 and used it on a non-Treo device, and having paid $19.99 and used it on a Treo. One is not eligible for the free upgrade and the other is.

(Another reasonable option, in my opinion, might be to offer a $10.00 upgrade for users in my position. I wouldn't have any problem with that.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqwireless
    > FYI--I installed WebViewer 3.5.2 and exchanged my old key just a few days ago without running into any problems.

Right, as-expected. The issue with the originator or this subject (jesterjo) is they bought WebViewer in mid-2003 for a non-Treo devices and, as such, are not entitled to a free upgrade to the Treo-optimized version of WebViewer (which is now $10 more than the generic version).
    Actually, my posting was to back up your claim that you can upgrade to version 3.5.2 at no additional charge. But now I understand it was because I listed "Treo 600" as my device when I made first made the purchase. Works for me!
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterjo
    Ignore my previous post. I didn't catch the part about not being eligible for the upgrade if I originally bought if for a non-Treo device. Although, I'm not sure I understand why there's the distinction between having originally paid $19.99 and used it on a non-Treo device, and having paid $19.99 and used it on a Treo. One is not eligible for the free upgrade and the other is.

(Another reasonable option, in my opinion, might be to offer a $10.00 upgrade for users in my position. I wouldn't have any problem with that.)
    I'm in the same position as you... originally bought webviewer to be used with my Sanyo 5300. It was the thing i missed most when I moved onto the Treo 600. Anyway, I'm psyched to be able to use it with my treo, but less enthusiastic about the way Reqwireless is treating it's more loyal and long-standing customers. I too would be willing to pay an upgrade fee (even $15, since i originally only paid $15 for WV ), but for $29, I'll keep on using the jar version. Especially since the treo-"optimized" version isn't perfect as it stands, and who knows if reqwireless will try to charge everyone full price when the next version is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    v3.5.2 won't accept my exchanged key. I'd registered WebViewer previously, but it looks like the latest version for the treo won't accept keys for previous versions. From their purchasing page, it looks like the treo600 specific version is $10 more ($29.99 instead of $19.99 for the java). Anyone know whether one can pay the difference to upgrade to 3.5.2?
    I recently upgrade from verison 3.0 to verison 3.5.2 and it did not cost me anything. The verison I had probably was not the treo verison. So that could be the reason I did not have to pay extra. This other verison worked for the treo 600 and this new verison works find. I upgraded my registration key at the reqwireless web site and they sent me a new key via e-mail. I am very happy with webviewer, I just wish you could download midi's too. But overall an excellent product for the treo 600. I just have to use webpro to download my midi's.
    I don't think the extremely limited trial is going to allow me to do that. Either have a time limited demo (2 weeks or something - which I think you do) or have a maximum page views trial (like 150 page views before it locks up) but a small daily limit, in my opinion is stupid. I will not purchase the software unless I can determine if it is worthwhile, and I'm not going to waste 2 weeks trying 10 pages daily to make sure it works. That's a waste of my time and I end up just getting mad at the developers. There's a reason other software doesn't have as silly of a trial period - it doesn't provide good marketing because you upset potential customers with the absurd limitations. The product overall looks good, but I'm not going to support a company that is going to upset me every day I try to use their trial product.
    ditto!
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    Wow, nice job on the upgrade...this is now one of those "must have" Apps!
    I have a different question here:
    How do you uninstall java from the control pannel
    How does it do with Java script?
    I have not noticed any improvements in the handling of javascript over blazer with this browser. I do run a proxy that strips out some javascript with blazer, though. I believe the proxy that reqwireless uses probably does the same thing.
    If it supports viewing files natively from the handheld (RAM and SD card) then they have something, if not, game over for me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123