Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Audemars: Bitmaps 1301-1312 are the characters that sit on top of the dialpad buttons. If you take a look at them, you'll see that I used a bit of antialiasing to make them look smooth around the edges. The trade-off is that when you change the color of the button, the antialiasing in the characters don't match anymore, so you'll probably have to modify all of those bitmaps, too, if you want them to look their best. For example, if the button is red, the characters will have a slight red fringe around them. If you change that red button to blue and don't modify bitmaps 1301-1312, the red fringe around the characters will still be there.

Virt: Thanks for your kind words!
  2.    #62  
    Three more variations:

Blue/Black
    Green/Black
    Orange/Black
    Is it just me, or do the screenshots of these buttons look better than they actually look on your Treo's screen? Is it the low res of the screen that's killin it?
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomer777
    Is it just me, or do the screenshots of these buttons look better than they actually look on your Treo's screen? Is it the low res of the screen that's killin it?
    Are you using Colorize to set color depth to 16 bit? It's mentioned earlier in the thread...

HTH,
    Joe
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Bummer that that the new buttons require Colorize to work. When I set Colorize to 16 bit, my favorite freeware card game, Rally 1000 no longer displays in color. Oh well, if anyone has a fix for this, I'd love to see it, otherwise I have to suffer from either a B&W game or crappily rendered favorites buttons.
  6.    #66  
    Yeah, for some strange reason, the Treo defaults to 8-bit color on the favorites screens unless you have Colorize forcing it into 16-bit.
    I have an AT&T GSM phone. I love the PhoneJC....prc files (especially the new "black" ones) but want to keep my AT&T wireless splash screen.

Here's what happens:

1) When I do not have a new PhoneJC.prc file installed, I got the AT&T splash screen.

2) Once I install one of the PhoneJC.prc files, I get the three-rings "moebius design" thing - it's cool, but I want to keep my original AT&T splash screens.

3) So I used prcedit to delete (actually, had to "cut") each of the bitmaps with the moebius design (6851 and 6861).

4) Here's what's weird - when I installed the modified PhoneJC.prc file, instead of either JC's moebius design or the AT&T splash, I get a "WELCOME Pa1mOne" screen and a "GOODBYE Pa1mOne" screen (the WELCOME and GOODBYE are in white on a green field and "Pa1mOne" is in the logo colors) which I believe I first saw after the recent system software update.

Does anyone know what I could do to have it use (a) the new buttons, and (b) the AT&T splash screens?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Sophist
    j.c. I love all your buttons and have them all downloaded, was wondering if it was too much too ask to request combos with pink ..purple/pink, red/pink, yellow/pink, green/pink, black/pink also, do you have a site where all your prc's are listed ?

Thanks in advance
    BUTTERCUP
  9.    #69  
    Thanks for the compliments, Sophist and Buttercup!

Sophist: What you'll have to do is, instead of just deleting the wireless on/off bitmaps from my file, replace them with the AT&T splash screens.

Buttercup: I'll see what I can do, OK? I can't promise that I'll be able to get to it right away, though...
    Thanks JC. I actually figured that out after I posted, the problem was that I couldn't find the AT&T splash screens. However, I modified one of the nice "three towers" ones that float around by adding the AT&T wireless logo from their site, and it looks really good.
    JC - I've just read through this thread and installed your dialpad prc. Thanks, much classier than the default. (Now everyone in my office wants it.) One question: I have a Verizon Treo which, using the built in dialpad, displayed in the top center between the time and date: VP (for voice privacy) and 1X (indicating that I was on the data network) after installing your dialpad, these disappeared. Do you know why?
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c.
    Thanks for the compliments, Sophist and Buttercup!

Buttercup: I'll see what I can do, OK? I can't promise that I'll be able to get to it right away, though...

THANKS .... patience is a virtue
    BUTTERCUP
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Ok, really it's an homage to Gfunk's avatar....gfunk, hope you like the gift.

If anybody has some custom requests, ask away, if I am capable, I will make it for you as time permits.

-Joe

HAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks ExtraOrdinaryJO!! I can't believe I missed this post until now! I love it! Hehe....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks! I love the new buttons. If you get a moment will you consider a yellow/orange set?

-j
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    HAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks ExtraOrdinaryJO!! I can't believe I missed this post until now! I love it! Hehe....
    LOL, I wondered why you never commented on it. I still use this one, even though I use TakePhone, because I just LOVE the startup and shutdown screens! Glad you like it.

-Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Unable to read the downloaded files to sd card. I got the button mgr in the main and still cannot find the files that i download to instal them. Anu ideas?
    Okay I see what I have been doing wrong and that is having the wrong prcedit program. Now I can see using a sample prc file the buttons etc but how do I get the version that is on my phone onto my SD card so I can edit it on my computer. I see no prc file on my phone?
    Use a utility like FileZ. Or simply download one of the other available skins (for your carrier) and edit that one.

HTH,
    -Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    well i was using filez.. it seems the origonal file does not seem to show up (even when clicking the rom option in filez). I installed the one I wanted with the treo 600 startup and down screen now can cut and paste to my hearts content.. oh dear wonder how long it is going to take me to break my phone hahahaha

okay so now using this method is it possible to ge the envelope back as the
    voicemail waiting icon rather than this stupid god only knows what it is tape deck looking thing???
    Last edited by cwbaker; 08/28/2004 at 03:10 PM.
    I am the author of Treo Button Manager, and am working on an update for the Treo 650. The problem is that I never name overlay files-- just the software to install them. I now need to make some overlay files for the 650, so that I can test my new software. I have been using Constructor, and have been able to change the graphics within the Phone.prc. But I don't really know what I am doing. Can somebody explain the process to me. It looks like the 650 has a very similar file setup to the 600. Any help would be appreciated, as I really want to get Button Manager for the 650 out.

Thanks.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast