Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Very cool, thanks!
    Since everyone is suggesting colors, may I suggest red/yellow or red/green.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    Oh, and I took a screenshot for those of you who wanted to see a preview of the buttons...
    Thanks for the jpg, which has motivated me to download JC's new buttons after I get through reading the forum.

I agree, they're of the caliber of the AQUA buttons, and a welcome addition (and the only other graphics I've seen that I would even consider putting on my phone). I can't wait to install them. (I haven't seen what the "connecting" and "disconnecting" screens or the favorites buttons look like, since I haven't installed them yet, but I was thinking of maybe making a hybrid of the AQUA buttons and JC's buttons. Maybe leaving the AQUA buttons for the favorites screens and JC's buttons for for the dial pad buttons).

Bill S
  3.    #23  
    Hey, thanks for the nice comments, everyone! I'll try to create some new files with a few different color combinations when I have more time to spare. Maybe this weekend...
    JC - thanks for this PRC utility... I love the new look. On a side note, do you know if there is any way to double the amount of favorites shortcuts? The Handspring is limited to 5 tabs of 10 (50 total), but Web for instance has 100 Bookmarks that look almost exactly the same. Anyway, when I saw what you did with my favorites key and dial pad, I thought you would be just to guy that might know if it was possible to double the amount of favorites to 100... Any ideas? Do you know of a utility that does this? Or do you think you could do this? Anyway, thanks again.
    I'd be interested in aqua favorites and jc's buttons, partly because I have trouble reading jc's favorites in direct sunlight, even though I like their look inside. JC's connecting/disconnecting screens are the best.
    I installed both the new and old prc and cant get my buttons to change... I have skinner installed. How do i get the new buttons? All I can pull up is aqua.
    Rob
    nevermind, i unchecked the use skin checkbox and voila! new buttons... Very nice OP!!
    Rob
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by wcraymond
    JC - thanks for this PRC utility... I love the new look. On a side note, do you know if there is any way to double the amount of favorites shortcuts? The Handspring is limited to 5 tabs of 10 (50 total), but Web for instance has 100 Bookmarks that look almost exactly the same. Anyway, when I saw what you did with my favorites key and dial pad, I thought you would be just to guy that might know if it was possible to double the amount of favorites to 100... Any ideas? Do you know of a utility that does this? Or do you think you could do this? Anyway, thanks again.
    Sorry, but I don't have a clue about that. I'm mostly just a graphics guy!
    hey jc any eta on the new button colors?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c.
    If you download PRCEdit and open up the prc, you can easily replace those screens (they are bitmaps 6851 and 6861).
    I am pretty new to this whole thing...I downloaded the utility but not sure how I update per the above? Can you please explain in a little more detail...

Also, is it easy to change the color of the buttons with this utility? If so, how would we do that, too?

thanks again! these look great!
    Adam
    I was unable to download the PRC file from the TREO 600. I have been able to download others. I have the unlocked international version. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    nevermind, i unchecked the use skin checkbox and voila! new buttons... Very nice OP!!
    Rob
    Rob, where's the silly skin checkbox... I can't find it.
    I installed the prc but it does not do anything. Still see the standard dial pad. How do I enable it? Could it be a conflict with 2phone app?
    TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I installed the prc but it does not do anything. Still see the standard dial pad. How do I enable it? Could it be a conflict with 2phone app?
    TIA
    Nope, I had the both the aqua buttons (which work the same way as these) on my phone the same time as 2phone without problems. I'd ask if you installed the old phone.prc with the aqua buttons, but since you're seeing the standard dial pad that's not it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars
    I am pretty new to this whole thing...I downloaded the utility but not sure how I update per the above? Can you please explain in a little more detail...

Also, is it easy to change the color of the buttons with this utility? If so, how would we do that, too?

thanks again! these look great!
    Adam
    I'd love to figure this out as well... I'm a graphic designer and I'd make a whole rainbow of colors if I had a clue how to implement them! I downloaded PRCedit but I'm still clueless. I opened up the prc with PRCexplorer and I can actually see the bitmaps in question, but you can't change them using that program... only PRCedit. Bah!
    Jennyfur,
    I only installed the file phoneJCRed2SP.prc. Is there another file that I need to install first?
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Jennyfur,
    I only installed the file phoneJCRed2SP.prc. Is there another file that I need to install first?
    According to Rob, in post #27, there's a box you need to check to enable different “skins.” I can't find that box, and I am still waiting to hear from Rob. But I believe this should solve our problem.
    I like new splash of colour this overlay you made has and the greeting screens are mint!

I do concur that the colour change isn't drastic enough to know if a key has been hit or not.

And is there a quick hint as to what to change if I wanted to modify the colours myself? I d/l PRCedit but not being a programmer it isn't super intuitive.
    For those who can't get it to work, make sure to delete any previous overlay files (such as phoneAQUA.prc) before installing. Failing that, a soft-reset may help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    For those who can't get it to work, make sure to delete any previous overlay files (such as phoneAQUA.prc) before installing. Failing that, a soft-reset may help.
    Problem solved. Thanks.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast