1.    #1  
    hi guys
    A mate of mine has a P900 and this morning he turned up with XP on it. Its amazing it has the start button control pannel everything that it has on the computer. At first i thought it was because they run that Windows thing CE or something but then i remeber that they dont they have their own little operating system. So i want to know if there is one of these launchers? I am getting the file later tonight and if it does not just go staright on to the treo, which it will proberly not, i will post it here to see if any of you lot can hack it in someway so it can run on the treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    hi guys
    A mate of mine has a P900 and this morning he turned up with XP on it. Its amazing it has the start button control pannel everything that it has on the computer. At first i thought it was because they run that Windows thing CE or something but then i remeber that they dont they have their own little operating system. So i want to know if there is one of these launchers? I am getting the file later tonight and if it does not just go staright on to the treo, which it will proberly not, i will post it here to see if any of you lot can hack it in someway so it can run on the treo.
    ZLauncher has skins and backgrounds that can be set to look like XP. Below are some images of what I have and here are some additional skins.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cash70; 04/30/2004 at 11:36 AM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    +thanks for the relpy but it is exactly the same as Xp on the computer
    The P900 runs Symbian OS, which is definitely not based on Windows. It's probably Tracker (replacement launcher for Symbian) from SymbianWare with one of the available XP skins.

http://www.symbianware.com/res/track...ins/skins1.htm
    And why exactly would one want to put Windows XP on their Treo. They go together about like chocolate ice cream and onions.

The Guy

p.s. bonus points for whoever knows where the chocolate ice cream and onions analogy came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by theguyyo
    And why exactly would one want to put Windows XP on their Treo. They go together about like chocolate ice cream and onions.

The Guy
    Agreed!

p.s. bonus points for whoever knows where the chocolate ice cream and onions analogy came from.
    American Idol
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    American Idol
    Congrats!!! You win what's behind door number 2.
    hi guys

I personally think this Appshelf theme is really nice!

http://www.cliesource.com/forums/sho...threadid=42784

Alas, it's only for high rez devices for now...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9.    #9  
    how can you not want XP on your treo i think that would be amzaming and it looks so good. But wow if i cant get XP i would so love to have this http://www.cliesource.com/forums/sho...threadid=42784 that has to be the best launcher i have ever seen. Shame i cant get that
    Last edited by Silver Sun; 05/01/2004 at 02:55 AM.
  10.    #10  
    right i have got the files but i have not tryed them yet but i am really hoping they will work but im not sure if they will. but anyway ill be posting them on here tonight even if they don't work because maybe one of you guys can hack it in some way. O and by the way Alex mathews you were right it is tracker.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  11.    #11  
    they did not work and i can't post them here because they are not Valid file extensions but they can be found here. Tracker is the launcher i think a bit like silver screen and XP is the skin.

EDIT: heres the link http://www.symbianware.com/res/trac...kins/skins1.htm
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    ZLauncher has skins and backgrounds that can be set to look like XP. Below are some images of what I have and here are some additional skins.
    Which skins work best with a Treo 600?
    I read American Idol and couldn't continue with this thread any farther. I guess watching it is one thing actually quoting from it, sheesh! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell
    Which skins work best with a Treo 600?
    Unfortunately you have to go with the low resolution skins. So you will see less choices.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    XP theme on my Treo?.... *shudders*
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    So i want to know if there is one of these launchers?
    If you like the PocketPC Today screen, you can also try out Today and install the PalmXP skin.

Today displays the time/date, owner info, today's agenda, to do's, and email inbox (which doesn't work with SnapperMail ), and you can customize the 5 launcher apps at the bottom of the screen. Best of all, it's FREE.

Here's a screenshot of it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17.    #17  
    wow thats quite good not the real thing but the next best thanks for the link
    Last edited by Silver Sun; 05/03/2004 at 01:03 PM.