1.    #1  
    Are AT&T Treoo 600 locked or unlocked? I want to try upgrading to 3.04 by using these instructions, http://coljac.net/treo_firmware_faq.html, and not sure if I can use "Method A". I am not looking to unlock the phone, just upgrade the firmware for PDANet and voice notes capability.

Can anyone help?
    method A will upgrade to 3.04 without unlocking your at&t phone. i have upgraded my locked at&t without any problems. i then realized that i could unlock the phone so i reverted back to 2.08 or 2.09 and then followed method c to unlock the phone. i have not tested another networks sim card yet, but my phone has been working fine.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks duck hunter. Do you use PDANet and/or a voice memo program. Is so, can you comment on success?
    I did that a couple of days ago using method A. Except that I had to use TokenWriter to change from AWS to INT first.
  5.    #5  
    potatoho, do you use PDANet and/or a voice memo program with 3.04?
    i have audacity installed. it works fine although i must admit that i have not used it a lot. i have no experience with pdanet.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    potatoho, do you use PDANet and/or a voice memo program with 3.04?
    I just downloaded EasyNotes and it worked ok. I've never tried PDANet.
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoho
    I did that a couple of days ago using method A. Except that I had to use TokenWriter to change from AWS to INT first.

Potatoho, you got a Treo600? What happenned to the 3560?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Potatoho, you got a Treo600? What happenned to the 3560?
    This is a loaner because I had to implement a work-around for the GSM 600 background networking bug. It's almost fixed with 3.04 but connections still get lost quite often. The bug was that basically all background data was lost unless you implemented a REM sleep, which would consume batteries like crazy.

The 3650 is still around. Dropped it onto concrete over the weekend and it smashed into three pieces (faceplate, keypad, main unit). One little scrape on a corner but other than that, like new
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoho
    The 3650 is still around. Dropped it onto concrete over the weekend and it smashed into three pieces (faceplate, keypad, main unit). One little scrape on a corner but other than that, like new
    Well that's one thing you can't do on the Treo600!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    In the unlocking instructions, i see a reference to CardExport but i don't see a link to download it. Where can it be found?