1.    #1  
    I recently purchased the Sprint PCS Treo 600. The SMS works great except for one issue. I don't see a any way to disable the popup alert window that shows your SMS message. This is a privacy issue with me. I was sitting in a meeting the other day with my phone on the table when I received a personal SMS message. The message is displayed on the phone for all to read. Locking the phone does not prevent the message from being displayed.

I have been looking for a utility the clears the popup alert and periodicly reminds you with a tone/vibrate/led blink.

Some of the firmware upgrades for the other TREO 600 versions have a privacy feature available to disable this alert, but I don't see any solution for the Sprint version.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any other SMS applications for this phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by bwead
    I recently purchased the Sprint PCS Treo 600. The SMS works great except for one issue. I don't see a any way to disable the popup alert window that shows your SMS message. This is a privacy issue with me. I was sitting in a meeting the other day with my phone on the table when I received a personal SMS message. The message is displayed on the phone for all to read. Locking the phone does not prevent the message from being displayed.

I have been looking for a utility the clears the popup alert and periodicly reminds you with a tone/vibrate/led blink.

Some of the firmware upgrades for the other TREO 600 versions have a privacy feature available to disable this alert, but I don't see any solution for the Sprint version.

CallShield gives you the ability to block SMS messages on CDMA phones based on number or text, supports wildcards. You will just get blinking asterisk in the upper left corner of the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bwead

I'd say just make the folks in the meeting sit a little farther away. Having them all close enough to read your screen has got to be darn uncomfortable anyway. Or poke their eyes out. But then that would make any visual presentation you give in the meeting hard for them to follow. You could also turn the phone on its face.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    F/w update gives you the ability to make your sms "private." Instead of popping up the message text, you get a screen announcing that there is an sms waiting. Still not perfect, but a step closer.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    CallShield gives you the ability to block SMS messages on CDMA phones based on number or text, supports wildcards. You will just get blinking asterisk in the upper left corner of the screen.
    ty.... nice product and it looks like it will do everything I want and more.