Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treo600 HACK WISHLIST
    Here are some hack wishlist i gathered around the forum. Will keep on updating this hack wislist and link it to the app if someone ought to craete it. This page is dedicated for the PALM Programmer's References. Hope this helps if someome can sticky this

Hack Manager like Hackmaster for OS5- [ Found it !! ]
    Hackmaster or some sort that works with 0S5 so that i can use my favourite previous hacks.

No dots
    Previously i have this hack for the os 4 Hackmaster extension. Now they dont support Hackmaster so i was wondering if theres any hack for this.

Numeric Signal Indicator
    4 bar signal indicator Would be replace with numeric Signal Quality like in Treo Helper for precise signal quality info

System Sound Manager
    Having the option to change the Default beep sound, network search sound, error sound, startup sound, etc.

Sounds Prefs WAV/MP3 Support
    In the original sound prefs. it alllows to chose mp3 which then plays using ptunes or any other media player

Camera Hacks
    Allows to control shutter speed, apreture, etc. lol

Blazer No Image Hack
    The browsers default no-image picture is to big. Somtimes it distort the site layout. An image with dimentio 5x5 becomes like 20x40 when the defualt no-image blazer shows up. It should just show an X sign like windows.

Unlim Picture Caller ID hack - [ Found It !! ] (lightwave 2.1)
    not just 50 thats already in favourites

Improved Shortcut Hack on Treobutler
    Treobutler has this shortcut anywhere can launch apps .. but ith as to go th the phone app first then only the software .. if theres a hack that can go directly to the software wold be graet ..
    more coming ..

On Call Active Beep
    Like the old days the motorolla handphone has this feature when then line is active or ringing after u dial a number, it will give a beep .. so this way i dont have hold the phone on my ear while it is connecting ... once someone picked it up or starts ringing .. a BEEP will be heard...

Auto Redial till connected
    when phoning someone if u cant get thru, it will automatically readial witouhout have us to dial again ... then when its connected it will BEEP so that we know that its connected already .. easy i dont have to hold the phone on my hear so long .. especially when driving ..

Scheduled SMS
    Having the option to send a specific sms with specific text at specific time.

Multiple SMS ( already built in LOL )
    Having the option to send to multiple reciepeient seperated by comma, colon or whatever

Find within app - [ Found It !!! ]
    When use find it only find within the Active Application. Not the entire Palm. Saves battry...

Task Manager
    I duuno if this possible but having something like windwos task manager for plam see whats running in background and which app takes the most processor time.

More Shortcuts Method
    On OS4 the most fav shortcup app was Switcharooo where u press SHIFT+SPACE and it will open up a popup to enter a letter that u assign to a certain app. So if its possible to do a Switcharroo OS5 version then it would be great coz more shortcut can be made other than just the HOLD Key shortcuts.

More Favourite Space Hack
    Not just the 5 page default shortcuts.

Ticking TODO List with 5-Wav-Pad
    I couldnt figure out how to tick the todo list using the 5 way Pad. I tried TODO HACK but it didnt work.

Case Toggle Hack
    Hightlight an entire word or sentence and then pressing a certain button eg. Shift will toggle between UPPERCASE , LOWERCASE, TITLECASE etc.

Protect Hard Button From turning on [ Found it !! ]
    Although theres keyguard but i hate using key guard. I dunno why hahahah ..

Merge APPS Card / Phone
    In the ALL Category it will show all apps including the apps in the CARD Category. Currently CARD and ALL Category is seperated.

SMS Over 160 Chars BEEP
    Dont u hate it when u type your sms and u reazlied that its 161 Chars when u press sent ? double charge you for sms its like sending 2 sms ... so if someone out there could do a hack that will make a BEEP after the sms chars is more than 160 chars would be great ...

To use shortcut directly to SD Card Apps Found IT !!! - Teal Alias
    Create a shortcut in the ALL app directly to apps in SD Card.

Turn off phone screen while talking
    I know sandman does this but sandman doesnt work with the new firmware. Once it off it turns back on immidately. Either someone fix this or someone will come out a new hack for it.

More Speedial Favourite Page
    Current favourite only 5 page. . it can have more pages on the bottom there and some hack that can extend it would be usefull

Volume Buttons Answer or Ignore
    It would be nice to have a hack that will allow answering a call with two quick clicks of the up volume key or ignoring/hanging up with two quick clicks of the down volume key. Doing this and not cancelling out the ability to use the keys to adjust volume up and down would be great.This would be great for some of the phone cases that allow you to see the screen but not access the 5-way or keyboard without opening the case--the volume keys are accessible and would be great to use for answering/rejecting calls.

Clipboard Limit Extender
    An extender like the old CLIPHACK in the OS3,4 which allows us to have more text in a single clip board. Or Multiple clipboard would be usefull as well ..

LED Data Indicator Light
    want a hack to convert the LED into a modem light to indicate when data is being transferred.
    Last edited by xaix; 05/22/2004 at 04:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    Treo600 HACK WISHLIST
    Here are some hack wishlist i gathered around the forum. Will keep on updating this hack wislist and link it to the app if someone ought to craete it. This page is dedicated for the PALM Programmer's References. Hope this helps if someome can sticky this
    ... ... ...
    Unlim Picture Caller ID hack
    not just 50 thats alread in favourites.
    Try the newest version of LightWav - V2.1. It supports Video caller id (Animated GIF) AND still GIF, so you can use still images as well. It supports GIF files from a memory card & from the main memory! No need to fill your precious main memory with images for Caller ID!
    http://www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html (2.1 Not listed on website yet, but the newest version is available when you register)
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre

Multiple SMS
    Having the option to send to multiple reciepeient seperated by comma, colon or whatever

Task Manager
    I duuno if this possible but having something like windwos task manager for plam see whats running in background and which app takes the most processor time.
    Multiple SMS addresses is already working. You just need to add a comma.

I do like your Task Manager idea. It could be a huge help for both the end user and the developers to know what is going on. It can help determine conflicts, memory leaks, etc.
  4.    #4  
    Lol i didnt realize about the sms thingy
    hahahahah ... if u knew i wouldnt have spend much time sending it 1 by 1 to my frens . ahhah thanks ... yeah i would really love to see task manager available .. also i havent found DOT HACK yet .. arghhh !
  5.    #5  
    *bump*
    Cmon guys lets share our future hack wishlist for the developers
    also could someone sticky this ?
    Two more:

A Hack to be able to set the default browser to something other than Blazer and a hack to allow you to turn off the five-way commands in the phone screen (allow for a bigger wallpaper image).
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Two more:

A Hack to be able to set the default browser to something other than Blazer and a hack to allow you to turn off the five-way commands in the phone screen (allow for a bigger wallpaper image).
    The phone app does this already. Go tp "Display Preferences" you see the option called "Show Button Settings" Un Check it and you can have 160x120 images.

To learn more about this setting, and other cool how to related info check out the How-To section of my Treo600 Webpage. Just follow the link in my sig!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Merge APPS Card / Phone
    In the ALL Category it will show all apps including the apps in the CARD Category. Currently CARD and ALL Category is seperated.
    Just get a 3rd party laucher. LauncherX has direct support for the Treo600. You get the Signal Strength in the upper right corner of the screen. It "merges" software on your memory card with software in your main memory.

However I prefer MegaLauncher, but it is not Treo600 frendly yet. I e-mailed them about it, they said it was comming "soon".
  9.    #9  
    the problem with LauncherX although it merges APPS and CARD in the Appplication Launcher, but the main problem is that i can link it in the Phone Favourties to use the Quick Shortcut key .. it doesnt appear in the Apps list ... (apps in card)

so any ideas ? if u have any ideas for good hack please post here ill put it up for developoers references.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    The phone app does this already. Go tp "Display Preferences" you see the option called "Show Button Settings" Un Check it and you can have 160x120 images.

To learn more about this setting, and other cool how to related info check out the How-To section of my Treo600 Webpage. Just follow the link in my sig!
    Thanks for the tip! Learn something new every day!
    the problem with LauncherX although it merges APPS and CARD in the Appplication Launcher, but the main problem is that i can link it in the Phone Favourties to use the Quick Shortcut key .. it doesnt appear in the Apps list ... (apps in card)

so any ideas ? if u have any ideas for good hack please post here ill put it up for developoers references.
    That is because the software on the card can be "Removed"(Eject card) You cannot run ALL software from a memory card. For example I have Agendus installed in the Main Memory. It is over 700kb, It HAS to be in the main memory because if it is on the memory cards, then my scheduled appointments will not go off. If you want to link to an app you need to create a "shortcut". You also cannot have any software on a memory card without a "shortcut" if there is a conduit for it. Look up in the manual about shortcuts and you will understand. It takes some experimenting as to what apps will run off of a memory card and what ones will act weird.

Good rule of thumb, games can almost always be run from a memory card.
    Hacks, Add-On's, and other tweaking apps usually always have to be in the main memory.

When you run an app from a memory card what happens is that the app is copied to your main memory, then ran, when you exit the app it is deleted from the main memory, but the data is left alone.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    If you want to link to an app you need to create a "shortcut". You also cannot have any software on a memory card without a "shortcut" if there is a conduit for it. Look up in the manual about shortcuts and you will understand. It takes some experimenting as to what apps will run off of a memory card and what ones will act weird.
    which shortcut manual do u mean ?
    i mean .. which shortcut ? in the prefs --> shortcut ?
    or what ?
    For the screen off when talking, lookup Treo Guard
    For SHortCuts, look up Shortcuts5 V1.1

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=53829

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=58307
    which shortcut manual do u mean ?
    i mean .. which shortcut ? in the prefs --> shortcut ?
    or what ?
    It is in the manual/instructions for LauncherX (In the ZIP file)
    Basically when you go to copy an app from the memory card to the main memory you get 3 options "Copy" "Move" "Create Shortcut".

I also sudjest to check out http://www.launcherxplanet.com/ it is a message board dedicated to LauncherX.
  15.    #15  
    *BUMP* long time since we checked on this
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Volume Buttons Answer or Ignore
    It would be nice to have a hack that will allow answering a call with two quick clicks of the up volume key or ignoring/hanging up with two quick clicks of the down volume key.

Doing this and not cancelling out the ability to use the keys to adjust volume up and down would be great.

This would be great for some of the phone cases that allow you to see the screen but not access the 5-way or keyboard without opening the case--the volume keys are accessible and would be great to use for answering/rejecting calls.
    hey you Hack people out there - I used hacks in abig way back in the day (ClipHack, especially), and does anyone know offhand of a ARM-compliant hack that works like ClipHack used to? I REALLY need to be able to copy and paste more than the limit of the built in clipboard, and ClipHack used to be my answer. In looking at the documentation for YetAnotherHackManager (YAHM), it seems those old OS3 hacks won't fly these days, so I'm hunting for a clipboard limit extender, like ClipHack.
    Anyone?
    The Only hack I need is to wake up my phone and immediatly see my favorites. This is how it was when I had a Treo 300. If you know how to do this already please let me know.
    I want a hack to convert the LED into a modem light to indicate when data is being transferred.
  20.    #20  
    --The Only hack I need is to wake up my phone and immediatly see my favorites. This is how it was when I had a Treo 300. If you know how to do this already please let me know.--

already ahve a solution for this ... use 2Favourite and assign to your phone key. Or if u want. Just use startup always that run 2Favourite everytime u turn on your treo..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast