Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I saw that Palm has an udpated desktop software package (V 4.14 I think). Will this work with the GSM Treo 600?

Thanks
    Dennis G. Esler
    I'm using it. Works great. It is an update hotsynch, palm desktop, but best of all are the new palm Outlook conduits. Much better then Chapura pocketmirror IMO.

I got the Tungsten T3 disk, which I beleive is one of 2 (maybe 4 now) palms which come with the newer software. It also has some decent apps included which work on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Where do you get the update?
    I checkeded... it isn't on the palmone website... Can you help us out with a link... I, too, hate the chapura pocketmirror!
    I called palmOne support and BSed one out of them. Unethical, but I rationallized it as I've been unfairly (in my opinion) treated by them in the past.

Flame me if you wish.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Works fine on the GSM Treo. It even came with a conduit that syncs photos you've shot. I downloaded it from the website, just go to support, then Palm Desktop for Windows. Pick the Treo from the device list, enter your serial number and you are off and running.

I have not tried the conduit for Outlook yet.
    Mike
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I had no problem finding in on PalmOne's site, here's the link:

http://www.palmone.com/us/software/desktop/mac.html

Do we no longer need to use a "Handspring" branded Palm Desktop as in years past? I realize that HS is no more, but it doesn't specify not to use it for the Treo so i'm guessing it's kosher.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I noticed at the same time that they released a new desktop for Mac (4.2.1). Palm's site does not list the Treo as being compatible with the update. Is this just an oversight? Anyone using it?
    For windows just say that you have a palm handheld.
    Works like a charm (CDMA Treo - W2k and XP Desktops). Thanks for the info!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    Works fine on the GSM Treo. It even came with a conduit that syncs photos you've shot. I downloaded it from the website, just go to support, then Palm Desktop for Windows. Pick the Treo from the device list, enter your serial number and you are off and running.

I have not tried the conduit for Outlook yet.
    Mike
    I downloaded and installed the same way as you described. This version doesn't seem to be any different than the original palm desktop software that came on the cd-rom with my 600 back in Nov. it says version 4.1 after the install. Am I missing something here? Should I have selected a Palm device other than the 600 to get this update?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    I downloaded and installed the same way as you described. This version doesn't seem to be any different than the original palm desktop software that came on the cd-rom with my 600 back in Nov. it says version 4.1 after the install. Am I missing something here? Should I have selected a Palm device other than the 600 to get this update?
    Yes. Don't select the Treo 600. I selected the Tungsten E.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Thanks. Will try this again.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    A word of caution...When you install the new software in winxp a critical file seepicture.exe is deleted. You should make a copy of this and copy it the program folder after installing the software.
    Another observation...not all the desktop features update to the treo. ie. birthday reminders, 2nd addresses, etc.
    Thanks for the details. I think I'll stay away from it for now.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I downloaded it, I had to wait about an hour to get the link for the download, installed it, but didnt get any outlook conduits...what gives? It did not ask me if I was going to sync with outlook or whatever like the original treo cd did.

help

rob
    You need to read the download page. It will only give you the outlook conduit if you had originally installed it from your Palm Tungsten install CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Droosh
    I'm using it. Works great. It is an update hotsynch, palm desktop, but best of all are the new palm Outlook conduits. Much better then Chapura pocketmirror IMO.

I got the Tungsten T3 disk, which I beleive is one of 2 (maybe 4 now) palms which come with the newer software. It also has some decent apps included which work on the Treo.
    Drrosh (Or anybody...),

Can you post the original installer from the Tungsten disk somewhere, so that others could get the updated version that also has Outlook conduits. [These conduits are not available for download from PalmOne]

I am sure that TreoCentral will greately appreciate it! JJ
    Last edited by JJBoja; 05/01/2004 at 03:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBoja
    Drrosh (Or anybody...),

Can you post the original installer from the Tungsten disk somewhere, so that others could get the updated version that also has Outlook conduits. [These conduits are not available for download from PalmOne]

I am sure that TreoCentral will greately appreciate it! JJ
    The Outlook conduits are a seperate install on the disk and only available after you run the main setup program. When you run the automatic setup, it just installs palm desktop and doesn't even ask you if you want to use a 3rd party conduit or outlook conduit like the Treo disk does.

It is not as simple as posting a .prc or something. I suggest that someone who knows a bit more about posting software get the disk and post it for everyone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast