Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hello everybody.
    is there any software that enables treo 600 user to switch off wireless mode without pressing the wireless mode button? a tap on an icon perhaps.
    thanks.
    I have an application that I wrote for myself that has that particular option on the main screen. if you like I could send you a copy this weekend. Send an email to cquick2@earthlink.net and I will send you a copy if you so desire.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  3.    #3  
    great !! please send it. send it to lanujang@msn.com.
    thanks buddy.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thanks for sending the program. Works fine on Sprint Treo 600. A very convenient program. BCA
    Hey Quickster, the program sounds cool. Can you post it in this thread, using the attach file function in the advanced reply section. That way we could all give the program a whirl.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Okay, here is my own utility app for the Treo 600 that is a works in progress. I add things to it as I need them but am also always open to suggestions.

Please let me know how it works for you and remember to be kind as this is sort of a first for me.

***** UPDATE NOTICE *****

I was playing around with the scheduling today and found that I had messed up one of my date tests and fixed it this afternoon.

The new version is 2.1. You can load it over your previous version with no problems.

Sorry for the inconveinence.

Looking also at adding some five-way navigation control.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by quickster; 05/01/2004 at 05:04 PM.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    This is a great Application, You should put this up on Palm gear.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
  8.    #8  
    hi all,
    this is a great product. after spending a few minutes playing with it, i have to say that this is very very good.
    but there are a few things i need to mention here.
    firstly, it does not really respond to the 5 way navigator.
    secondly, how do i use or rather what is the 'select the screen mode' for? i mean, i tapped on both options namely 'daylight' and 'night' mode but i did not see anything happen.
    please forgive me if i missed anything.

other than that. this product is really good . keep it up.

~lanujang
    I have a couple of other apps that do the phone off/on thing along with scheduling. I like the interface with yours. The 5-way navigation - I have been using the index finger for months and have not used the stylus other than as a reset tool.

A user made mention of the day/night screen. That function is noticable on mine - just a matter of adjusting the screen in the system preferences under the "Display" option.

Ben

===========

Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    Okay, here is my own utility app for the Treo 600 that is a works in progress. I add things to it as I need them but am also always open to suggestions.

Please let me know how it works for you and remember to be kind as this is sort of a first for me.
  10.    #10  
    thanks ben,
    i did the adjustment on 'display' option and it works.
    appreciate it.
    More than welcome. With the proper adjustment, this thing can be seen under bunches of different lighting conditions. Ben
    strange... I selected the app (prc) to download and my treo says it's not a supported file type. Any ideas? I am able to download other PRC files w/o issues, it's just this one. TIA,Matt
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Great software Quickster!! Thanks for posting it.
    Great app Quickster!

Bug Report:
    The auto-wireless-on-reset feature is not compatible with PDA Defense. When PDA Defense locks the device (either through manual locking or due to the time preset), a pin-hole soft reset will override the locked-up status. This is because the auto-wireless-on feature kicks in too early. This was also the problem with Radio Control. Also I have heard somewhere before that having Treo Butler installed might contribute to this (as Treo Butler loads itself at the same time the auto-wireless-on kicks in). Would it be possible to make them work together?
    rudychow,

I could look at this and see about implementing some sort of fix that might delay the wireless auto-on feature at reset.

I have also just finished adding full Treo 5-way navigation support for TreoOffOn and will post it tonight.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quick,

Again nice work. Any chance you could enlarge the button that turns wireless on/off? It's pleny wide but there is a bit of real estate available below it and if it was bigger it would be much easier to thumb.

Fantstic job!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Okay, here is a new version with a couple of improvements.

Added full five-way navigation.
    Made the wireless off/on button twice as large.
    Added a delay time to the turn on after reset function with a User selectable time.

Before installing this update please delete the previous version because I had to add an additional value to the saved preferences for the app.

Enjoy and please let me know how it works for you, which I know you will.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    strange... I selected the app (prc) to download and my treo says it's not a supported file type. Any ideas? I am able to download other PRC files w/o issues, it's just this one. TIA,Matt
    I am using my Treo to surf this post and using the Treo to download it, I'll try this new one and see if it loads.
    you're the man quickster !!!

how do i make my 'little' donation??
    Quickster is my new hero....

Hey man, keep cranking out improvements/fixes and you will have a perfect lil utility that will make Treo users like me even happier. If you are accepting donations please let us know. Some of us like to support creators of good software.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast