Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Being that the "Smart" reset function is not functioning quite right I have removed it as an option and also added the de facto standard signal and battery indicator at the top of the form.

I will try and resolve the issue with TreoOffOn remembering the last state of the radio when I get a little more time.

Version 2.6 is the latest.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    TreoOffOn 2.X has a strange problem that I can reproduce...

I set TreoOffOn to "always" turn on wireless mode after a reset and I set a 15s delay. If the unit automatically resets itself due to any kind of error TreoOffOn will automatically turn on wireless mode without waiting the 15s delay. Immediately following this if you then go into TreoOffOn the drop-down selection box for delay time erratically says "TreoOff/On" or somthing to that degree.

If I reset my unit manually it does not skip the 15s delay nor state any erratic text.
    Also discovered a reproducible bug in TreoOffOn 2.6. If you set a delay of lets say 30 secs and then manually reset your unit... Immediately after the device resets, and before those 30 secs pass, if you run TreoOffOn it will cause an automatic reset and the saved preference database for TreoOffOn will become corrupt. I know this because it will no longer allow you to run TreoOffOn after that. It will just cause another reset everytime your run it. You then have to delete TreoOffOn and reinstall it or just delete its entry from the saved preference database using FileZ.
    I believe that when I removed the Smart reset code I took out a few bytes too many. Spent tonight correcting those mistakes and have added the new build.

It should fix the problems you have been seeing.

Apologize for the mess up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Awesome. Thank you for being Quick (hehe).

Hey man, your apology is not required. You do quality, excellent work and after all you are human, these things happen. Just keep up the good work. =)
    great program. Thanks for being so responsive. Is my observation correct that if you have another light control application enabled like Profeo Lite it will take priority over the light control in Treooffon? With a link button now on my launcher accessing the off on feature manually is a breeze.

Once again, many thanks for helping so many.
    hi,
    i have tried various radio/wireless controller apps. i found out that, they failed to switch on the radio in this particular situation.

the setting:
    off at 22.30
    on at 06.30

in between these times. let's say, there's a alarmed calendar event. say... at 01.00

i realised that, at 06.30, the radio will not turn on automatically. only when i press ok to clear the calendar event will the radio turn on again.

anybody with the same xperience :-/ ??

thank you
    How can I make the 'Enable audio warning...' stay unchecked? No matter what I do, the checkmark reappears. I don't want the warning to come on.
    Nevermind. Deleting and reinstalling fixed the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nunuknanak
    hi,
    i have tried various radio/wireless controller apps. i found out that, they failed to switch on the radio in this particular situation.

the setting:
    off at 22.30
    on at 06.30

in between these times. let's say, there's a alarmed calendar event. say... at 01.00

i realised that, at 06.30, the radio will not turn on automatically. only when i press ok to clear the calendar event will the radio turn on again.

anybody with the same xperience :-/ ??

thank you
    I will look at writing a test for that situation and seeing if I can make it work or rather fix TreoOffOn so it works.

Thanks for that kind of feedback.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    I will look at writing a test for that situation and seeing if I can make it work or rather fix TreoOffOn so it works.

Thanks for that kind of feedback.
    hi quickster,
    just finished testing it one more time. the problem was still there. the audio warning went ok but not the radio on function. the radio remained off. only after i cleared my datebook alarm the radio was turn on.

btw,
    did u read the reply from Treo Coder of radio control 1.1'? what do you think?

"Nunuknanak, this is a limitation of the way alarms are handled in the Palm OS. If a program displays a dialog box that does not clear itself (as the Datebook app does), no other program gets its signal to do what it has been told to do."

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nunuknanak
    btw, did u read the reply from Treo Coder of radio control 1.1'? what do you think?

"Nunuknanak, this is a limitation of the way alarms are handled in the Palm OS. If a program displays a dialog box that does not clear itself (as the Datebook app does), no other program gets its signal to do what it has been told to do."

thanks
    Well, I have known about that but it did not even dawn on me. And yes, that is most likely the problem. This may take some secret squirrel work to come up with some work around but truthfully, it may not be possible because I am not sure there is a method to determine if a modal dialg box is active, wait on thje User to take some action. I believe this is why Palm now uses the attention manager but then why doesn't Palm follow their own guidelines?

Interesting... and thanks.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I dl'ed this pro and love it. Can you pleas add a button to disconnect GPRS?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    I dl'ed this pro and love it. Can you pleas add a button to disconnect GPRS?
    Well, it would certainly make more sense to add it to this app and not "SoundOff" so I will see what I can do.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I would love to see the GPRS option as well.

James
    quickster,

as I mentioned in an ealier thread, is it possible to have an option to turn off the screen while on a phone call? it would be a great option for those of us who use the phone a lot and drain the battery too quickly because of it.

Thanks for a great program.
    Okay, I have the GPRS disconnect working on both my Treo 600s but need to do some more testing before I unleash it on the free world.

As for turning off the screen while on a phone call, yes that can be done and I will see about adding that.

I can see this is going to now involve a second screen for the additional Off/On functions but that is what this app is about.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    quickster,

many thanks for the quick response. look forward to the next round of upgrades.
    Quickster,

Let me say straight off my hat is off to you for developing this program. I wish I had the skill & knowledge to do it.

It's been a while since anything has been posted about the next upgrade to your great program. Any thoughts as to when it might be available and what it will contain? Hoping it will have screen off during phone calls.

Regards
    I will try and get an update posted this weekend. Real work has been taking a toll on me the past week or so. Not really complaining as it does support my Palm and Treo habit which is a good thing.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast