Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    One other member was experiencing a similar problem but he was turning the phone off and expecting TreoOffOn to turn the phone on at the specified time. Is this similar to what you are experiencing?

Right now TreoOffOn must turn the phone off before it can turn it on.

Looking at a solution for this or a work around.
    hi,
    that's what i did. last nite when i went to bed, i had my phone 'on'. set it to turn-off at 2230hrs, and turn back on at 0600 this morning.
    so, it turn-off ok at 2230hrs.
    at 0600hrs, nothing happened.
    the phone only turn-on when i pressed the power button around 1 hour later. with the turning on sound.

i hope you understand my story.

ps: i'll test it again tonite anyway.

~nunuknanak
    I have not tried since the MB crash. I did go to Geakware.com and was able to download a PRC from there. I am at work today and may try to download Tree-O_offOn to my PC and then email it to my Treo.
    I'll see if I can find any prc's on this site and try to download them with my Treo too, that way we'll know. Thanks,Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by nunuknanak
    hi,
    that's what i did. last nite when i went to bed, i had my phone 'on'. set it to turn-off at 2230hrs, and turn back on at 0600 this morning.
    so, it turn-off ok at 2230hrs.
    at 0600hrs, nothing happened.
    the phone only turn-on when i pressed the power button around 1 hour later. with the turning on sound.

i hope you understand my story.

ps: i'll test it again tonite anyway.

~nunuknanak
    Now I understand now how you setup the off and on times and will test that again to make sure the midnight crossings are working correctly.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Hi everyone,
    A good news for me but I don't know for how long. Yesterday I did exactly the same as I described earlier on my previous post. For a reason known only to God, the TreoOffOn worked. Everything went smooth as set. I really don't know how or why, but it worked. All the apps that I thought might have had some sort of an impact on the TreoOffOn were enabled. My KeyGuardTime (beta), my Today2.1 and my alternative keyguard on the Butler was enabled.

Anyway, Iíll try it again ...hopefully it stays ok tomorrow morning.

~nunuknanak.
    Last night I did the same test and it worked. Not sure what the problem might have been but will be running the same test all week and see if it behaves weird.

Thanks for the feedback.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    First off, a note to loyal TC follower Burkhardi.

I tried the other day on three different ocassions to download a file from TC onto my Treo 600 and each and every time it said unknown file type. So, I think the problem may be with the Treo Central downloading connection to the Treo 600 and not US. :P

Now then, between my real job and my wife and my paltry other life outside of my Treo, I did find some time to update TreoOffOn and below are the changes.

When TreoOffOn starts up the "Tap to turn phone OFF/ON" button has the initial focus. The button is also larger now making it easier to tap with ye' ol' finger.

The "Phone on after reset" checkbox is gone and in its' place is a pick list with the following selections:

0 = Never
    1 = Always
    2 = Smart

Never is just as it implies, never turn the phone on after a reset.
    Always will turn the phone on each and everytime after a reset.
    And Smart is an attempt for TreoOffOn to remember the last state the phone radio was in and then after a reset restore that last state.

I also added a new button, "Quick Reset," that allows you to automatically turn the phone off and then back on with a single tap.

Before installing this update please delete your previous version as several things changed internally and it might cause a "hidden feature" to be revealed if you do not.

Enjoy and please don't hesitate to provide me with feedback which I know you will. )
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    thanks quickster,
    i'll give it a try.

btw, after a few tests, the previous version was doing ok. i just thought maybe you should know.

~nunuknanak
    Hey people, I won't be near a PC for the next few days and I'm having trouble downloading the latest version of TreoOffOn from this thread directly to my Treo. Can someone host the binary on a different site and post the link.

Thanks in advance
    skillllllz
    Hi

Ive posted this utility on the Downloads section at www.mytreo.net - you will have no problem downloading it directly from your Treo and the whole site is designed to be Treo friendly and ultra fast to browse

There are also over 30 other Treo utilities for you to download at mytreo.net, and fantastic forums with a mobile version too so you can post anytime, anywhere directly from your treo!
    greatnews,

Going to check out your site right now. Thanks for posting my utility on your site.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    No probs, please also see the post in the developers forum - it would be great if we can find some ways to support Treo s/w developers.

Take it easy
    Last edited by greatnews; 05/11/2004 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greatnews
    No probs, please also see the post in the developers forum - it would be great if we can find some ways to support Treo s/w developers.

Take it easy
    this is a bit out of the topic of this thread, but how can we (software authors) update the software, which has been posted on www.mytreo.net ? :-) I looked yesterday and I couldn't figure it out. :-)
    While I greatly appreciate your suggestion it was really designed that way on purpose and comes from designing missile guidance code years ago. Never change any parameter that is currently enabled in a function.

Still, if there are enough who feel it would be more useful I could be convinced to go against my better principles.

Thanks much for your feed back as this is what makes this board and all the Users part of the Treo development community.
    Hard to beat arguments like that... ;-)
    However, I too thought there was something wrong with the app, until I found this thread and the military explanation.
    Maybe a few words in a small help file would avoid any misunderstandings?

Other than that, a great utility (I'm using 2.5) !!

Regards,

Christopher
    Norway
    thanks quickster,
    i'll give it a try.

btw, after a few tests, the previous version was doing ok. i just thought maybe you should know.

~nunuknanak
    hi,
    after testing the 2.5 for a few days. i'am going back to 2.3 because the later version just ain't working.
    the 2.3 is working fine so far...

~nunuknanak
    hi,
    after testing the 2.5 for a few days. i'am going back to 2.3 because the later version just ain't working.
    the 2.3 is working fine so far...

~nunuknanak
    What exactly are you seeing as the problem with the new version?

Does it have anything to do with the smart mode reset?

Is the scheduling working okay? Nothing in that section changed. I mainly just updated the main screen and added the smart reset. I also might take that one out as it does appear to have a problem.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    The smart reset definitely has some issues. Other than that everything else is perfect. It doesn't have that issue anymore where TreoOffOn needed to be the last thing to power off the device for it to also be able to turn it back on.

I say keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    The smart reset definitely has some issues. Other than that everything else is perfect. It doesn't have that issue anymore where TreoOffOn needed to be the last thing to power off the device for it to also be able to turn it back on.

I say keep up the good work!
    hi,
    i have to agree with skillllllz. it's got to be the smart reset. the scheduling is fine.

i have gone back to 2.5 and still testing it. i put the smart reset to never. it's working ok so far.

got to admit, just can't live with TreoOffOn. :-)

~nunuknanak
    What exactly are you seeing as the problem with the new version?

Does it have anything to do with the smart mode reset?

Is the scheduling working okay? Nothing in that section changed. I mainly just updated the main screen and added the smart reset. I also might take that one out as it does appear to have a problem.
    hi,
    now i think i know what's the cause of my problem. (i hope this is it...lol :-))
    it's the alternative keyguard of the Butler. i have to set it to the max 15 sec auto off. then only i have treoOffon working.

am i correct to say that, i need to switch on the phone before setting the on and off time?

thanks

~nunuknanak
    The only requirement in the application to be able to set the off and on times is that the "Enable Phone Off/On" checkbox on the main screen must be NOT CHECKED. If this is checked you cannot edit the off/on times.

I am not sure I remember correctly, but thought I had included a test to see if the phone was off or on and then allowing TreoOffOn to take the appropriate action. In other words, if the phone is off and TreoOffOn is supposed to turn it off nothing happens. But if the phone is off and TreoOffOn is supposed to turn it on it will do just that. I will look at my code and make sure that is correct but I do believe it is.

As for working with Butler and the other utilities, I do not have any of them installed and cannot say one way or the other if they interfere with TreoOffOn.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Great app! Can I make a marketing suggestion? IMHO the name TreoOffOn is kinda non-intuitive. Maybe some other name choices might be:

1. RadioSwitch
    2. TRadControl
    3. NetToggle
    4. AirControl
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast