Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Love this new TreoOffOn app of yours, quickster!! It's more useful and simple than other radio control apps I've tried.

At first, I thought this app was buggy because I wasn't able to set any off/on times. When I tried to click on a day, nothing happened. When I tried clicking on a checkbox, nothing happened. Then I finally figured it out. It was because I checked the "Enable Phone Off/On" option first before setting up the off/on times. Any chance in fixing this so user can still change the times even when TreoOffOn is enabled?
    Donations toward my retirement account can be made via PayPal using my eMail address, cquick2@earthlink.net.

And anything is greatly appreciated as it will help me get out of the normal, day to day rat race so I could do what I really like.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    At first, I thought this app was buggy because I wasn't able to set any off/on times. When I tried to click on a day, nothing happened. When I tried clicking on a checkbox, nothing happened. Then I finally figured it out. It was because I checked the "Enable Phone Off/On" option first before setting up the off/on times. Any chance in fixing this so user can still change the times even when TreoOffOn is enabled?
    While I greatly appreciate your suggestion it was really designed that way on purpose and comes from designing missile guidance code years ago. Never change any parameter that is currently enabled in a function.

Still, if there are enough who feel it would be more useful I could be convinced to go against my better principles.

Thanks much for your feed back as this is what makes this board and all the Users part of the Treo development community.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Hi Quickster,

Thanks for the great app. Just wondering if there was any chance of getting a button for a "Wireless Reset"? It'll be useful for the times when the 600 loses the network connection cos it takes forever for it to regain the signal.

Just a thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by mustard
    Hi Quickster,

Thanks for the great app. Just wondering if there was any chance of getting a button for a "Wireless Reset"? It'll be useful for the times when the 600 loses the network connection cos it takes forever for it to regain the signal.

Just a thought...
    I was looking at that option but did not get it into the last update. Hopefully, you will see it this weekend. Like, maybe late Sunday afternoon.

And I presume you are talking about a function that will turn off the phone radio, wait about 5 or 10 seconds and then turn the radio on again.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I am using my Treo to surf this post and using the Treo to download it, I'll try this new one and see if it loads.
    Just wondering if you were successful in getting the app to download to your Treo from the web?

Do not know why it would not work. Perhaps a problem with the Treo Central web site.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    And I presume you are talking about a function that will turn off the phone radio, wait about 5 or 10 seconds and then turn the radio on again.
    Yup, that's exactly it! It'll be a god-send for those of us who get into lifts often or have blind spots at our workplaces.

Thanks again for the great support.
    First of all - Nice app!

second, are there any plans to incorporate a schedule to auto-change daylight/night mode?

also, any plans to allow the user to select multiple day selection in the on/off setup?

Thanks again - donation will be made later today.
    Hey I noticed today that the scheduled On/Off times aren't turning on the wireless mode. It will turn on wireless mode after a system reset but thats it. never any other time. I even hard reset my device and installed only TreoOffOn and configured it. I get the same results. Is it possible that FW 3.04 has something to do with it??

Heres a description of my device:
    GSM Treo 600 (Unbranded T-Mobile)
    FW Ver: 3.04
    SW Ver: Treo600-1.12
    Hardware: B
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Hey I noticed today that the scheduled On/Off times aren't turning on the wireless mode. It will turn on wireless mode after a system reset but thats it. never any other time. I even hard reset my device and installed only TreoOffOn and configured it. I get the same results. Is it possible that FW 3.04 has something to do with it??

Heres a description of my device:
    GSM Treo 600 (Unbranded T-Mobile)
    FW Ver: 3.04
    SW Ver: Treo600-1.12
    Hardware: B
    I am running pretty much the same setup as you and am also running a test right now at work to make sure it is working correctly. You do have the latest version, which is 2.3, don't you?

Will let you know my test results in a an hour or two or when my tests are complete.

One 'Quick' question, is it turning your device off?
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Yes, I do have ver 2.3 (never installed the first version) and yes it does turn off wireless mode. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanx!!
    skilllllz,

Just ran four tests turning my phone off and then back on with no problems.

For my tests I just selected a time within a few minutes of now to turn the phone off and then I turned it back on in about 5 to 10 minutes.

Give this a try and let me know if it works.

Dumb question, you do have it enabled, don't you? I guess you must if it is turning the phone off.

Please keep me posted.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    second, are there any plans to incorporate a schedule to auto-change daylight/night mode?
    Profeo 600 Lite has this feature. But it would definitely be great to have all these features in one single app.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    skilllllz,

Just ran four tests turning my phone off and then back on with no problems.

For my tests I just selected a time within a few minutes of now to turn the phone off and then I turned it back on in about 5 to 10 minutes.

Give this a try and let me know if it works.

Dumb question, you do have it enabled, don't you? I guess you must if it is turning the phone off.

Please keep me posted.
    I tried the very same thing before I originally posted my problem and it never turned the device on. It only turned it off (assuming I turned it on manually). I got it to work at one point today but that was in the PM hours. It wasn't working in the morning before noon so I'm not sure if thats a factor.

The only thing that I think may have been different the one time it worked was that I let it first turn wireless mode off and then turn it back on after a few mins. I think the other times I had wireless mode off already and the only thing it was set to do was turn it on. Would that make sence? Is your software suppose to have turned it off first at some point in order for it to be able to turn it back on??
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    I think the other times I had wireless mode off already and the only thing it was set to do was turn it on. Would that make sence? Is your software suppose to have turned it off first at some point in order for it to be able to turn it back on??
    In the current version the TreoOffOn scheduler only knows when it has turned the phone radio off or on. For some reason I did not think to do the logical thing about checking ahead to see if the radio was off or on. A pretty easy thing to do and something I will add to the next release.

Again, that will most likely be this weekend.

So other than that, and now that you know, give it a try and let me know if it works.

Thanks for your feedback and bringing another good point to the surface.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I am using my Treo to surf this post and using the Treo to download it, I'll try this new one and see if it loads.
    I tried to download both PRC files onto my Treo, with my treo and I still can't get it to work. I can go to other sites and download prc file w/o a hitch. I feel like a broken record. Third time is a charm, if I still get zero feedback, I'l take the hint.
    hi quickster,
    i have problem with treoOffon. i could not make my auto-phone-on working. only the auto-off seems ok. any idea?
    other thing on my treo:
    treo butler1.47...oops ! it's Butler now.
    keyguard time4.02 (beta)
    today 2.1

thanks.

~nunuknanak
  18.    #38  
    you know what...
    i can't help feeling a little bit happy and proud of myself for asking the 'opening' question. lol

as for quickster.
    donation is on the way and thanks for the app.

~lanujang
    I tried to download both PRC files onto my Treo, with my treo and I still can't get it to work. I can go to other sites and download prc file w/o a hitch. I feel like a broken record. Third time is a charm, if I still get zero feedback, I'l take the hint.
    One other question, and this is just purely for my edification. Have you successfully downloaded other files recently from Treo Central?

I am going to give it a try today and see if it works for me.

Will keep you posted.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by nunuknanak
    hi quickster,
    i have problem with treoOffon. i could not make my auto-phone-on working. only the auto-off seems ok. any idea?
    ~nunuknanak
    One other member was experiencing a similar problem but he was turning the phone off and expecting TreoOffOn to turn the phone on at the specified time. Is this similar to what you are experiencing?

Right now TreoOffOn must turn the phone off before it can turn it on.

Looking at a solution for this or a work around.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast