Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Went to Staples today and bought a 3 pack blk/red/blue Staedtler multiaction ballpoint pen refills that are smaller in diameter than the Treo stylus. I drilled out the stylus (in a lathe) to fit the refills. See attached pic:

Top is a stock stylus

below it is the modified stylus wth pen.

below it is the reset tool

the 2 other color refills which I can switch whenever I want a different color.

I still have to modify the top plastic piece to a reset tool. Fits in the Treo perfectly. Cool ha?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Where to keep your reset tool?
    Very cool!

However, you have too much time on your hands!
    Err....looks good, but what if the pen leaks? You'd be screwed wouldn't you?
  5.    #5  
    Why would I be screwed? Is ink conductive?
    Quote Originally Posted by cywong
    Err....looks good, but what if the pen leaks? You'd be screwed wouldn't you?
    WOW thats looks well good is there a cap that goes over the pen? so you can use it as a pen and as a stylus
  7.    #7  
    No cap. Not needed really. I,5
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    No cap. Not needed really. I,5
    What happened to the rest ofmy reply?...............I hold the pen at an acute angle to the screen and no ink is transferred. The pen actually works better (more accurate) than the stock stylus because it has a smaller tip. If I worry I'd use the other end, which works well also.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by climber_rich
    Very cool!

However, you have too much time on your hands!
    Yeah, do you want to buy some?
  10.    #10  
    Glad you asked. See attached pic.

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Where to keep your reset tool?
  11.    #11  
    Glad you asked. See attached pic.
    Try again. Hope the attached pic comes through this time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That's nice. Why are all my stylus tops without the reset pin, and my stylus tips the part with the reset pin? I assume most people with OEM stylii have one similar to mine.
    The reset pin is on the tip. He simply glued it in place. I do not understand why the Treo600 Stylus is backwards to every other Paml OS device. All other devices are the oposit to the Treo600 stylus.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Why would I be screwed? Is ink conductive?
    Ink leaking into the hole for stylus will be messy correct? That's what I meant. If there is a leak, I am wondering if the ink will get into other parts of the device.

& pls, I don't need sarcasm from you.
    i would buy one of those if they just had a cap. so then i could use it as normal and then take off the cap and use it as a pen
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    yes, I would buy a few of them, in different colors, if I could be assured it would not leak ink.
    Was just at Staples yesterday. -Missed opportunity.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    It's dsiappointing there is not yet a stylus pen for the 600 but there are a variety of thin pens that can be carried in a wallet. Does it have to be on the stylus?
    Quote Originally Posted by cywong
    & pls, I don't need sarcasm from you.
    Who do you need it from?
    Wow.. Thats really good.

I agree I would buy it if it had a cap and I was sure no ink will leak!.

How many stylus did you play around with until you got it right ?. Did you glue the reset tool to the top part of the stylus?.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast