Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21  
    Stop wasting time and effort:
    http://www.styluscentral.com/3in1stpenfor3.html
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by lplplpx3
    Assuming that you've read the (mostly negative) comments about that thing here on this message board and, even more, that you've actually tried the thing yourself, you must have had good experiences using this device.

    Are you specifically endorsing this pen/stylus product or are you just pissing on newtreouser's cool homemade solution?
  3. #23  
    No need to be so negative...Im just saying unless you have a lot of spare time theres no need to recreate the wheel and I was not sure if others knew of the pen stylus. If you read back through the posts digital843 thought there wasnt a pen stylus solution for the 600.

    Yes I do own one and no its not perfect (but then again nor is our beloved 600) but if I want a pen stylus solution and dont have a lot of free time...then thats the way to go (for me)...no drilling, pen leaks etc .

    You have a nice day and remember knowledge is power. No need to be so touchy, TreoCentral is about spreading information and thats about it.
    Last edited by lplplpx3; 06/13/2004 at 01:58 PM.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    Assuming that you've read the (mostly negative) comments about that thing here on this message board and, even more, that you've actually tried the thing yourself, you must have had good experiences using this device.

    Are you specifically endorsing this pen/stylus product or are you just pissing on newtreouser's cool homemade solution?

    Knowledge IS power, so what are the negatives to this Stylus/Pen combo? A simple, direct answer will do, no need to tell me to search (been there, done that)

    Thanks,

    rjmoose
  5. #25  
    The only negative as far as I can tell is there is no pin to perform a hard reset so I keep a staple in my wallet. Other than that none I can tell. The stylus works and the pen writes. I might do a search to find out what that other guy was talking about. But for $10.99 I am not sure what more he expects the pen/stylus to do.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by lplplpx3
    No need to be so negative...Im just saying unless you have a lot of spare time theres no need to recreate the wheel and I was not sure if others knew of the pen stylus. If you read back through the posts digital843 thought there wasnt a pen stylus solution for the 600.
    That's cool. "Reinventing the wheel" is much clearer than "stop wasting time," if you ask me. Not that you asked me, that's just what I was thinking.

    Posting a link to a place where one could buy a pen/stylus thing is, I admit, very helpful. I apologize for being touchy.


    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    Knowledge IS power, so what are the negatives to this Stylus/Pen combo? A simple, direct answer will do, no need to tell me to search (been there, done that)
    I'm disappointed in the quality of your search, but here's what I remember:

    1. The pen leaks occasionally.

    2. The cap comes off the pen while it is in the silo, leaving the pen stuck inside.

    3. The reset pin isn't long enough to actually reset the Treo.

    4. If the pin is long enough, it sticks into the ink in the pen, which is kind of messy.

    I don't even own one of these things and have never even tried one. Plus, my memory is like a sieve. I've always been interested in the pen/stylus concept, but am also increidbly lazy. So if someone with actual experience with the thing wants to offer comments, that would be great. If newtreouser wants to offer a comparison between his homemade solution and this thing, that would be even better.

    Edit: beaten like a *****.
  7. #27  
    I have owned one for a couple of months and my only gripe is no. 3. I use my pen/ stylus excessively and have never experienced 1, 2 or 4. I personally just got tired of hunting for a pen every minute when dealing with the "paper" folks, in my car etc so this solved my problem. Any more opinions out there?
  8. #28  
    Be warned about the Stylus Central model...the reset pin was poorly designed and is not long enough. If they make it long enough it goes into the ink. That's why the changed the name to 2 in 1 (Pen/Stylus)...you have no reset capability. Of course with the Treo getting a reset isn't all that hard to do....just use some of the 3rd party software .
    Other than that it works pretty well and I've had no ink leak problems.
  9. #29  
    There are manufactured stylus pens available on right here on treo central
    http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=60
  10. RNJ
    RNJ is offline
    RNJ's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by lplplpx3
    I made the mistake of buying these pens. They are very badly designed, because when you try and pull the stylus out from the Treo, the cap of the pen comes off, but the stylus, stays stuck inside. The only way to get it back out again was to superglue the cap on to the stylus, which completely defeats the problem.
    This product is a dud, and I strongly advise everyone NOT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY ON IT !!!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    There are manufactured stylus pens available on right here on treo central
    http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=60
    Anybody try those Pacific Rim ones? I don't remember hearing any comments on them. If they don't suffer from the issues the styluscentral ones did, I might have to try them.

    The StylusCentral ones were discussed heavily all over the board. When I got my 600 I was going to get a new combo pen for it since I'd used one of their pens for my 180, but there were just too many threads detailing the problems with it. I could deal with some of them, but the chance of the pen getting stuck was just too much for me (remember the thread where the guy put his treo in the freezer to get it out? or the people who tried to glue something to it and pull it out?). So I gave up and hoped for a better solution, which apparently never came along unless these Pacific Rim ones are different and work well....
  12. #32  
    Well.... nevermind. Guess I didn't hear anything about it because it's the exact same one StylusCentral sells. Darn

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ht=pacific+rim
  13.    #33  
    I've been enjoying my modified stylus pen reset tool for a while now. It's great to have a pen when you need it and not have to borrow one. As you can see in the attached pic, the pen insert is a good quality metal one and is short enough that the reset tool does not go into the ink. I've sealed the pen tip to the ink tube with crazy glue so it will never come apart there and cause a leak. The pen insert is friction fitted into the stylus with wax to keep ink out if it does leak at the other end. The reset tool also keeps the other end sealed so ink could not leak out there. So I think I have the leak situation under control. I use the pen tip as the stylus and it does not ink up the screen if I hold it at a shallow angle. An advabtage of the pen tip with its finer point is that it has better accuracy when used as a stylus compared to the stock stylus tip. The fit into the Treo is exactly the same as a stock stylus. So far I've had no problems of any kind and it's been a pleasure to use.

    If anyone is interested in getting their stylus modified, please send me an e-mail.

    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    Well.... nevermind. Guess I didn't hear anything about it because it's the exact same one StylusCentral sells. Darn

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ht=pacific+rim
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. #34  
    Question about the reset tool. I assume you crazy-glued the long plastic part to the top cap. How well does it stay glued on there? I want to do your mod, but I'm worried glueing the reset plastic will be too weak.
  15. #35  
    Well, I bought the 3 in 1 stylus from Treo Central and...they were obviously made by the same company as the stylus central model with two major exceptions.

    1. The reset pin was designed properly and works
    2. The cost is much lower than Stylus Central...You get 3 of them for basically the price of one from SC.

    Oh, and I'm amazed at how fast I got it. I ordered them on the 14th and they were in my mailbox on the 16th.

    Nice going TC!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    1. The reset pin was designed properly and works
    No ink on the pin?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by RNJ
    I made the mistake of buying these pens. They are very badly designed, because when you try and pull the stylus out from the Treo, the cap of the pen comes off, but the stylus, stays stuck inside. The only way to get it back out again was to superglue the cap on to the stylus, which completely defeats the problem.
    This product is a dud, and I strongly advise everyone NOT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY ON IT !!!
    I have had this happen on my Treo and Kyocera phone as well. The "O" rings that hold the cap on fail in a very short time leaving your stylus stuck in the phone.
  18. #38  
    Why can't someplace make a cap that SCREWS on so this would never happen?!?! It seems like such a simple solution....

    The possibility of it getting stuck has been the only thing keeping me from getting one now that the reset pin issue was resolved.
  19. #39  
    i have got one question about both the mod pen and the one from treocentral. i take it that the ones from TC are not re fillable because you get three (get a new pen bit) but are the modded ones? could i get a refill from staples when it ran out and simply insert it in or di i need to ger another pen
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  20.    #40  
    Yes, my mod pen can be replaced with refills from Staples. It is a quality refill with a fine point and writes very nice. It won't come apart and get stuck in the Treo either.

    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    i have got one question about both the mod pen and the one from treocentral. i take it that the ones from TC are not re fillable because you get three (get a new pen bit) but are the modded ones? could i get a refill from staples when it ran out and simply insert it in or di i need to ger another pen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions