1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

just wanted to say hello, I've been away from this forum for the past few months as I have been playing around with a few new high tech toys that have distracted me away from my beloved treocentral.

Although I've been away from the forum my trusty Treo 600 has never left my side. I'm presently awaiting my first replacement as my Treo has developed a nasty habit of cutting in and out during conversations.

T-mobile said that the treo is on backorder (Some things never change ) so it will be 10-15 days till I receive my replacement phone.

I've been reading all the threads avidly trying to get caught up, I saw the notice about the Treo 610, is there anything thats happened in the last couple of months that I need to get on top of
    No good deed goes unpunished
    SSDD re: 610. Welcome back!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    SSDD re: 610. Welcome back!
    Thanks.........Lurking in out of different threads I see alot of new users, still a very active forum which is great. Good to be back!
    Welcome back! Now tell me what new toys could have possibly have taken you away from the good ole forum for so long?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Looks like we both pass the geek test with iPods and TIVOs....do you have a hybrid electric car too?
  6.    #6  
    Well, lots actually! One of the most interesting new toys is my iQue, Which among other things is a GPS navigation system that can give you voice turn by turn directions and reroute you on the fly if you decide to take a detour somewhere along the way. Take a look here: http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3600/ .

As a side note the iQue is also a very capable Palm OS PDA. It has already become an indispensable tool and a daily travel companion along with my treo.

A side note: the iQue's nickname is Betty, which fits great with your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Welcome back! Now tell me what new toys could have possibly have taken you away from the good ole forum for so long?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryinBalto
    Looks like we both pass the geek test with iPods and TIVOs....do you have a hybrid electric car too?
    No...........but I really like everything about them except for their size. I seriously considered the Toyota Prius, but ultimately decided against it because of its size.

Ford is supposed to release the first hybrid SUV based on the Escape ( it may already be out I'm not sure), but even that would be a little cramped for family and friends that I end up hauling around.

Next time we replace my wifes car, maybe we can buy one of these. Then I'll give her the SUV and she can play 'CRAZY TAXI' for awhile then we can both be happy.