1.    #1  
    i have a question ...
    why does everything have to be converted into .pdb
    i mean ...

for example:

1. why cant Docs2Go just open a .doc file from the MMC / SD. Why does the file has to be converted into .pdb first ?

2. same as JPEG viewer , emulators converters, etc. why does everything has to be in .pdb

like windows mobile platform they only drag drop the files in its original form then the software opens it and make changes to it. Isnt that a lot easier ?
    or is the palm hardware is already designed like this .. ?

but the funny thing is ..
    i use some PhotoViewer that can view JPG straight from the MMC / SD without converting it to .pdb ... so what cant other format do this ?

need some explanation thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    1. why cant Docs2Go just open a .doc file from the MMC / SD. Why does the file has to be converted into .pdb first ?
    It doesn't have to be converted. I read and write native Microsoft Word and Excel files all the time with Docs2Go. On both my SD card and the internal memory.

2. same as JPEG viewer , emulators converters, etc. why does everything has to be in .pdb.
    They don't, as long as you have an application on your T600 that can read the file.
    but the funny thing is .. i use some PhotoViewer that can view JPG straight from the MMC / SD without converting it to .pdb
    Not funny, exactly the way it's supposed to be.

What kind of files are you trying to read that you can't? The two examples you give can both be read in native format...

Bill S
    seems if you want to store things on internal memory, it needs to be a PDB or PRC so the OS can keep track of it. You can put all kinds of junk on the SD card, and it'll work with supported apps.

and, yes, docs2go does read native office docs.
  4.    #4  
    oic ok
    but when i put the DOC in SD card it does read ..
    but the problem is ...

it Says :
    The required traslater is missing from handheld.

What does this mean ?
    oic ok
    but when i put the DOC in SD card it does read ..
    but the problem is ...

it Says :
    The required traslater is missing from handheld.

What does this mean ?
    It would help if you'd be a bit more specific in describing things, which will get you answers a bit faster, because fewer back and forth messages are needed.

What version of Docs To Go are you using? The T600 comes with a free version that is only good for reading documents attached to emails. The full version is required to read and write files stored on your SD card. The current version is 6.008, but the previous version (6.005) worked fine too.

You say "when I put the DOC in SD card it does read". How are you putting the .doc file on the card? What do you mean by "it does read"?

Then you say, "It says: The required translater is missing". What says? (What application)?

Bill S
  6.    #6  
    ok here how's it is ..
    i install Docs to Go 6.008 ...
    I use 4 in 1 reader to transfer Myresume.doc to my SD card
    i plug in my SD card into my treo600

click on Docs2go

Searching .... (annoying why cant i just use File->Open)

then found Myresume.doc ..
    i click on the file ..

error : "The Required translator is missing frmo the handheld"

thanks
    ok here how's it is ..
    i install Docs to Go 6.008 ...
    I use 4 in 1 reader to transfer Myresume.doc to my SD card
    i plug in my SD card into my treo600

click on Docs2go

Searching .... (annoying why cant i just use File->Open)

then found Myresume.doc ..
    i click on the file ..

error : "The Required translator is missing frmo the handheld"

thanks

Just transfer the docs via the DTG conduit...you won't have any problems...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I save docs, pics, and spreadsheets to my sd card via a card reader and I can open them all using docs to go or a picture viewer for the pics. I email all these file types to myself and I can save and open them or just simply open them from the email using snappermail and the appropriate app to open. I download these file types from an FTP site using VFSFTP and I can open all of them with no problem. I have never had an issue using any of these types of files. You can even download pics from a web page and open it (I don't know if docs and spreadsheets work this way).
  9.    #9  
    what are the neseccary files that DTG need in order to run ?

what i have is :

DocsToGo.prc
    SheetToGo.prc
    SlideshowToGo.prc
    WordToGo.prc

thats all .. so maybe im missing a few files that doesnt allow me to open a direct .doc from my SD card. Can u guys check yours ?