1.    #1  
    Any news on possible bluetooth cards for Treo 600 GSM (AT&T)?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    if yuou're wondering why no one's answering it's because it has been discussed ad nausium. It's probably never going to happen.

That being said. Engadget has picked up a press release from Pretec, that suggests they're coming out with a new bluetooth sd card. It is very vague and doesn't talk about it directly, but you never know.

http://engadget.com/entry/8436544887719633/
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Yeah, ibeplato... our friend Crash is the final word on the probability of Bluetooth.

There is a lot of speculation. Most likely it will happen but it just takes a boatload of time.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I wouldn't like to say i'm the final word, BUT - I have been toying with the idea of building a home-made solution. It is definitly doable, but it will not be justifiable monetarily or time-wise.

I posted a call for help a while back, I got threadjacked and no one responded. Maybe when I have more time I'll try again. Just been so busy lately....
    i read on CNET the sandisk has already showed their new bluetooth and 802.11 sd card at a showroom somewhere ...

it seems to go pretty well ..
    prices range from $170 - $199
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    i read on CNET the sandisk has already showed their new bluetooth and 802.11 sd card at a showroom somewhere ...

it seems to go pretty well ..
    prices range from $170 - $199

They did, and it works great....for PPCs...no palm drivers in sight.
    Pocket PC sucks......need that WiFi SD card for Palm, that would rock!

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I would pay 300.00 for a bluetooth/wifi sd card for my treo 600!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Maybe it's just that I have sprint, and a good data plan, but I don't see the need for a wifi card for the treo. Could someone give me their argument of why this is so important. (sorry for the threadjack)

I just don't get the point of browsing at wifi speeds on a 160x160 screen. It seems like such a waste of time to me. Now, with a 320x480 screen, that's a whole different story. Give me a treo with EvDV, and a slideout 320x480 screen with bluetooth and I'll be in happier than a pig in sh**.
    Simple answer....SPEEEED. I've used a wi-fi equipped palm device and it doesn't matter what screen resolution you have to make it worthwhile. In fact would be more helpful on the lower resolution devices since you have to do more scrolling and screen reformatting. Need more reasons:

- Sync to your pc in a flash without wires
    - Use Winamp with shoutcast and stream high quality audio directly to your palm from your pc without using the cell network
    - Transfer files back and forth between the palm and pc in a flash without wires
    - Link to external wifi services while travelling to perform high speed surfing or other networking operations

There is one major drawback however. Wi-fi sucks up power like there's no tomorrow so an external battery would be a required accessory.

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashless
    Maybe it's just that I have sprint, and a good data plan, but I don't see the need for a wifi card for the treo. Could someone give me their argument of why this is so important. (sorry for the threadjack)

I just don't get the point of browsing at wifi speeds on a 160x160 screen. It seems like such a waste of time to me. Now, with a 320x480 screen, that's a whole different story. Give me a treo with EvDV, and a slideout 320x480 screen with bluetooth and I'll be in happier than a pig in sh**.
    My only answer to this proliferation. It just so happens that inside my house, I only get 1 to two bars of signal inside my house and also at work. But I do have access to WiFi both at home and at the office. Additionally, I don't have to set up an IPSec (Cingular doesn't seem to support PPTP) setup so I can VPN to network hotsync.

I understand that the power consumption of wifi may make it impossible on a treo. In the end, I really do need a phone first. But if it were available, maybe I'd save 19.99 for a data plan because I'd use less GPRS than Wifi.

C
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    It's not just speed, I like to receive email on my Treo and have wifi at work and home, but as no wifi in the Treo, I use GPRS which costs an absolute FORTUNE. 2c per KB in Australia a friggen joke costs you $20 for one bloody megabyte, if you think that it isn't worth spending $100 on a wifi card to avoid that then, good for you, you're doing well
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Believe me, if my data plan cost that much, I would be crying for WiFi too, but its not. I pay $15(US) a month for 'unlimited' internet on my treo. It's about twice as fast as dialup, and while some sites aren't the most 75kbps friendly, but it is pretty effective.
    have you tried using the palm/toshiba bluetooth SD card? shouldnt it work on the treo 600?
    heres my answer
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,Company=%7B5A789B6E-D683-11D4-8A45-00B0D0684B04%7D,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(29154)
  16.    #16  
    Here's why I want bluetooth:
    1. ability to use a headset
    2. my car has bluetooth support which allows for the phone to link to the navigation system and the stereo speakers/microphone (Acura TL)
    3. ability to interface the phone to my Apple Powerbook via Bluetooth.
    as your all doing it i will as well

i want bluetooth so i can send pictures, games, etc, etc, to other people so i dont have to stand there like a **** holding it and trying to keep it still. and i want to wireless hotsync, i have throught of getting a infra red port i have already got a bluetooth one so im going to wait
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Sorry to be dumb but does the palm Blutooth card work in the Tree 600?
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    no the drivers do not work with the palm OS5
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR