Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried MicroQuad on their Treo600 yet? WOW! Awsome racing game in the mold of GTS Racing but with better graphics IMO! Ya'll should check it out!

http://www.viex.org/?page=microquad

The game is fast and smooth on my Treo... however make sure you disable any extensions fyi. Here's a screenshot as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gaurav; 04/29/2004 at 10:19 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    i have been waiting for a games like this for ages, my friend has one just like it on his P900 and its amazing
    Cool game!! Nice find, gfunk! Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Well, since we're listing cool racing games that play well on the Treo, I figure I'ld mention Toy races as well!

http://www.palmsw.com/product.php?id=9

This is really fun top view racing game and it plays really well!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    that game reminds me of the micro meachine games but cant compare to MicroQuad i m in love with that game
    The programmer has posted a link with a discounted price in the ClieSource forum. Note that if you pay with PayPal you don't have to pay VAT. I paid $11.95.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    The programmer has posted a link with a discounted price in the ClieSource forum. Note that if you pay with PayPal you don't have to pay VAT. I paid $11.95.
    Mol,

Appreciate the FYI. Paid $11.95 as well.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    have you guys checked out Warfare Inc - it's the first game that I've really ever gotten into, on the Palm or otherwise. Very cool, although I'm kinda stuck on my current level, which has me grouchy.
    My wife says to me 'are you playing that dumb game? How old are you, anyway?'
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    have you guys checked out Warfare Inc - it's the first game that I've really ever gotten into, on the Palm or otherwise. Very cool, although I'm kinda stuck on my current level, which has me grouchy.
    My wife says to me 'are you playing that dumb game? How old are you, anyway?'
    Finished it. I guess I could play it again on medium level, but after playing it for a month in the metro on my semi-daily commute I felt it was time for something new But definitely the best game I ever played on a Palm. If you like it, you should try StarCraft on a PC. But be careful, it's more addictive than heroine.

Also still like Insaniqarium. Silly theme but great for a quick game when you want to put your mind to rest for 6 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Thanks for that website gfunk! It looks like these games have been around since the days of the Treo Prism and yet I've never seen them before. Graphics look awesome for most of their games and gonna have to test them out....
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Thanks for that website gfunk! It looks like these games have been around since the days of the Treo Prism and yet I've never seen them before. Graphics look awesome for most of their games and gonna have to test them out....

Hey Manielse, if you like PalmSw's Toyraces, then definitely checkout StoneAge as well! Also, another game I'ld like to point out here that I enjoy playing is Cubis. Great puzzle game will cool sound on the Treo... then of course there's the awesome freeware Vexed!

Thanks for the links, last week I was about to buy GTS racing until I tried microquad. It must be the best racing game for the Treo and cheaper than the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey Manielse, if you like PalmSw's Toyraces, then definitely checkout StoneAge as well! Also, another game I'ld like to point out here that I enjoy playing is Cubis. Great puzzle game will cool sound on the Treo... then of course there's the awesome freeware Vexed!
    I am trying out StoneAge and I noticed that on the directional pad on my Treo 600 left, right and the center button are not configurable. Up an down work... why is that?
    That's typical for apps that don't have the nav pad support.
    somebody.. (gfunk) should start a sticky with a listing of only the really great games for the treo. including links and price if known..
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    That's typical for apps that don't have the nav pad support.

Then why does the up and down on the nav pad work???
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    somebody.. (gfunk) should start a sticky with a listing of only the really great games for the treo. including links and price if known..
    Alternatively, you could start that list yourself...
    Quote Originally Posted by nikihoi
    Then why does the up and down on the nav pad work???
    If you look at a PDA such as a Treo 270, you'll notice in the middle of the four hot keys and in the middle was up and down buttons. The 5-way nav up and down buttons are mapped exactly as the traditional buttons were.

Does that help clarify why most games/apps that are made for Palm OS 3.5 but never updated for the T600 will react that way?
    ALSO SEE:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=44813
    First of all, let me start by saying that I have been just introduced to MicroQuad and I think I am already addicted

Here's a little problem I have: If I pause the game for a while, the screen will turn off (power saving). When I turn it back on, the KeyGuard app needs me to push the center button BUT that's not active. So basically, if the power saver takes over, it's impossible to resume the game.

Any suggestions/fixes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast