Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, not setup properly. My rep just added the 19.99 Media Works package. Same issue. After several calls to Cingular and a rep finally saying "ah, I see what happened, they added the package but not the service" it works fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieGene
    For Cingular you can try using photo.mycingular.com as the smtp server.
    Is there a pop3 server for inbound emails from Cingular? I have my normal accounts, but would like to know if Cingular has an inbound server in case sombody replies to a message I send.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkdancy
    Is there a pop3 server for inbound emails from Cingular? I have my normal accounts, but would like to know if Cingular has an inbound server in case sombody replies to a message I send.
    I had thought somewhere that the inbound pop was pop3.infospace.com.

However, I have had no success getting it to work.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Sounds like they did not properly set it up on your account. No surprise here! It took me 3 support phone calls for them to get it right. You did power cycle you phone though right? I would call them back and have them double check the account settings.
    I have called cingular tech support about 4 times now and each time they try somthing different. The tech this morning thought she found the problem but still no
    GPRS. What am I missing here?

How do I power cycle my Treo? Ive tried soft reset and disconnecting and reconnecting the Radio.

-Brad
    Are you getting any data connection? Dial up (2 black arrows)?
    You already power cycled your phone (turn the radio off/on again). You probably need to call tech support for a 5th time. Are they transferring you to tier 1 tech support? The general CSR's that you speak with right when you call Cingular aren't going to be able to help you. Make sure that they transfer you to the higher tech support level.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Are you getting any data connection? Dial up (2 black arrows)?
    You already power cycled your phone (turn the radio off/on again). You probably need to call tech support for a 5th time. Are they transferring you to tier 1 tech support? The general CSR's that you speak with right when you call Cingular aren't going to be able to help you. Make sure that they transfer you to the higher tech support level.
    I finally got my GPRS working on my Cingular Treo with 3.04 Firmware. It's wonderful. Took me 3 days and about 7 calls into Cingular tech support before I got a tech that could reload all my settings and get the APN switch set correctly. And whallah, I have fast internet for $20/mo.

-Brad
    Since AT&T and cingular is merging, does anyone know if they are planning the same offer for AT&T users?
    I agent I spoke too said merging takes time. Working for a company that has been through merger after merger, I know this too well.

I cancelled my AT&T service and went to Cingular.

I put the odds at 1+ years before you see combined network coverage, billing, etc.

Oh yeah, and at that time, some bean counter is going to conclude that Cingular is charging WAAAAAY too little for their plans and they should go with the AT&T model. Hey, people are paying for it today, right?!? ;-)
    Quick question...

Does using GPRS with the 19.99 media plan deduct minutes from the plan? I've been reading through the cingular pages and it is pretty unclear on how the useage is billed. I'm currently on sprint with the t600 and can use it till the cows come home for no additional useage fees... Is it that same way with the gprs plans on the gsm models?

Sprint has burned one too many bridges with me and I'm looking to jump ship.
    Using gprs does not deduct minutes from your rate plan. You are charged only by the data transferred. Now if you have the Media Works plan, which some claim here is no longer an option for the treo ( I beg to differ ) is unlimited gprs ($19.99) which is the same as you have using Sprint Vision.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Thanks for the input... That makes a decision easier.
    I agree with millerhifi. I have had even worse luck with Cingular. At least one support call for each: Internet, SMS, MMS, International calling, call waiting, three way calling. A couple took 2-3 everytime I called they would swear everything was setup properly. A call the next day the rep would say "gee, this was never activated".

I spent about 10 hours on the phone in 2 weeks and finally (as of yesterday), have all services working properly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12