Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been waiting for the ProClip Holster for a long time and it is now available on their website for $24.95.

Here are the details:

Custom made holster. Accommodates all battery sizes and can be used with headsets.

Specially designed with two different Belt Clip options - one swivel belt clip and one non-swivel belt clip. You can can switch between the clips whenever you want to.

The display and key pad faces inwards in the holster for better protection. The SD card will not in conflict with the top part of the holster.

Here's a link:
    http://www.proclipusa.com
    it doesn't look (from the pics, at least) like it locks in a horizontal poition. One of the key features that I look for is horizontal cases/holsters - a vertical is not comfortable to me (or secure, since I tend to break the clips easily) when sitting down and moving around a lot.
    Received mines on Saturday and I love it. It feels very tight and secure when in the holster, and it's very easy to snap the Treo in and out. The only issue I have with it is that it sometimes presses against the Power button on the top whenever I snap it in. So it turns the screen on, but keyguard shuts it off in 5 seconds.
    How about Kayden's concern, above? Will it hold the phone in a horizontal position?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    How about Kayden's concern, above? Will it hold the phone in a horizontal position?
    I'm using the fixed clip right now and I don't have the swivel clip at this moment to try out. Once I get home, I'll snap on the swivel clip and see how it feels when it's in a horizontal position. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Uuh... I seem to have misplaced the swivel clip. Maybe someone else who ordered the ProClip holster can confirm the horizontal position?
    Nevermind... found it.

Yeah, the swivel clip doesn't lock the holster into a horizontal position. It just slides back to its vertical position.
    Just got mine today also. Haven't really used it yet, but my first impression is that I really like it. It feels much more sturdy than the Seidio holster that fell apart on me.

I did have to file down the top clip just a tad to prevent it from pushing the power button when snapping the phone in. That didn't really bother me though; it was a very minor modification I had to do.

eKennedy
    I too had just got my Proclip. I love it. Very close to the body and easy in and easy out (I can't imagine it falling out). I removed the ESN stickers off of the back because I thought it looked silly (btw, there is an injection "gate" under the sticker). I also had to trim some material away. No biggie.

GM

Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy
    Just got mine today also. Haven't really used it yet, but my first impression is that I really like it. It feels much more sturdy than the Seidio holster that fell apart on me.

I did have to file down the top clip just a tad to prevent it from pushing the power button when snapping the phone in. That didn't really bother me though; it was a very minor modification I had to do.

eKennedy
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy

eKennedy
    mine on it's way. when you say filed it down, what exactly did you do?
    got mine today. Very happy so far. The Seidio is now relegated to the sad drawer of cast-offs. No filing needed that I can see, although that might change as I use it more and see any potential conflict points.
    (looks like they use the Krusell clip option mechanism thing for the back - very nice, as I've never really seen how those work)
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    mine on it's way. when you say filed it down, what exactly did you do?
    On mine, the top clip just barely pressed down on the edge of the power button. Every time I snapped the Treo in place, it would come on.

I took a round file and rubbed off just enough plastic that it no longer touched the button at all.

I was looking at exactly where the holster touches my Treo. On my Sprint version, it touches only at the four clips, and the front of the ear piece. It doesn't touch anywhere else on the face or keyboard at all.

Aren't the GSM Treos slightly different? The ear piece doesn't stick out so far or something? Maybe the power button thing is only a problem on Sprint version?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

eKennedy
    Hi all,

I've been working with ProClip for awhile on their other holsters, and did so with the 600 holster as well so I've been reselling them on ebay on offering members of pdaphonehome about 10% off of their website prices. Thought I would come over here and offer you guys the same deal. So essentially you can get the Treo 600 holster for $27.50 delivered if you pay via paypal or send in a check or money order. Can save you another 50 cents if you do it via check or money order(no paypal fees to deal with), but it just takes longer. I'm sure there's quite a few here that can vouch for me from over at pdaphonehome, and I'm also crogs571 on ebay selling the holsters as well with over 200 plus positive feedback.

And yes the removable swivel clip is free spinning and the spring clip is fixed in the vertical position. The clip company keeps promising a rotating spring clip, but they've been doing so since February so no one is holding their breath at the moment. The mount on the holster can be removed and re-epoxied in a horizontal position to hold the phone sideways with the spring clip, and that wouldn't affect the swivel clip either. I'm am working on ProClip to get them to make a horizontal version since the rotating spring is still a myth.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Or if you'd like to take initiative and order using paypal, my email adr(and paypal adr) is crogs571@yahoo.com. Just note that you want the Treo 600 holster and give your shipping adr. Your order will ship out within the day. Thanks, Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Thank Ryan!

I just bought the 2 you had remaining. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.
    I just received mine. It hits the power button. This is very frustrating. I would LOVE to understand how a company can sell a piece of plastic for $25 that is supposed to CUSTOM MADE for this device, yet we have to modify it if we actually want to use it. Great product testing! Doesn't seem right to me. Mine may be going back just on general principal.

Just my 2 cents
    -Joe
    For anybody interested. I emailed proclip. They have just become aware of this issue. They are working on a new version of the holster, estimate 2 weeks. They will replace free of charge, just contact them. They will send out a new holster and a prepaid USPS label to ship the old one back. They don't care if you filed it down or not, they will replace it anyway. They are trying to track down all their customers who have the defective holster, but they actually asked me to post a message here to let people know that they should contact proclip themselves to insure they get a replacement.

HTH,
    -Joe
    yeah. for your two cents, blame Palm One for making different versions of the same phone. The faces and button layouts are slightly different for each carrier. Now if they differentiated the model number that'd be one thing, but I don't think anyone imagined they'd have to get a sample from each carrier of the same phone. To boot, Palm One was even at their factory and never mentioned it. Safe to say the changes are being done and the new product should be in next week. If you feel the need to have to return it, then they have no problem with that as they will send you the new version.

Take a moment to think before you criticize. I've been working with this company for over 6 months now and they have been extremely responsive to their customers. They listen to their comments and feedback and update and make changes to their products when they can. This whole fiasco is being rectified in less than two weeks time. Try to get that kind of response from Seidio or any other injection molding company. Won't and can't happen.

And for the record, the changes they are making are listed below. I mentioned about making more of a 2 prong claw for the top part of the clip that straddles the sd slot and comes inside the power and audio/vibrate buttons. Would allow top locking of the holster as opposed to the current bottom locking version. Not sure if it's possible or not, but they are looking into it.

I know many have just filed away the interfering plastic which is fine. If you're happy with the holster that way, then all is well. If you'd like a replacement when the new ones come in, they'll be more than happy to take care of you. If you have any questions or comments I'll be happy to field them for you as I talk to them almost every day. And again, if you want to save $2.50 off of the holster, let me know.
    Last edited by crogs571; 05/11/2004 at 01:26 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I just got mine as well. I like it a lot. Kind of reminds me of the one holster I always felt was perfect which was the original nextel i1000 holster. It's close to the body and sturdy. Filed one within minutes of getting it and problem is gone. I might or might not exchange it eventually.

It does not hold the horizontal position, but I don't really care much because I feel that the phone is so wide that the horizontal case I was using was kind of uncomfortable for me. (Maybe my belly's getting in the way) :-)

Inserting and removing the phone has not been an issue.
    ProClip's comments:

"They will be modified and produced this week. High priority!!!"

"We will fix the top part so it doesn't interfere with the on/off button and the same on the bottom so it will allow free access for the HF jack. To find a different attachment on the top will take more time to figure out so that may be a second edition if even possible...

Also, we may adjust the "side walls". Make them a little longer downwards and make a cut out on each side wall so you can grip around the phone with your thumb and index finger to hold the phone, and at the same time press down on the tab on the lower part, so you can release the phone with your middle finger or ring finger. If you imagine you are holding onto the lower corners of the side walls of the holster with your thumb and index finger, this position will be close enough for your mid or ring finger to easily operate the release tab on the bottom of the holster because all the fingers are close enough too each other. This way you can release the phone with the same grip as you would hold it up to your ear - one smooth movement from the holster to your ear and back without having to change grip or phone position."
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I just received mine. It hits the power button. This is very frustrating. I would LOVE to understand how a company can sell a piece of plastic for $25 that is supposed to CUSTOM MADE for this device, yet we have to modify it if we actually want to use it. Great product testing! Doesn't seem right to me. Mine may be going back just on general principal.

Just my 2 cents
    -Joe
    I just got mine today. It's great. I found that if you put the phone in the holster bottom first, the phone does turn on but if I put the top in first, the phone doesn't turn on.
    Last edited by webslappy; 05/11/2004 at 06:37 PM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast