Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I just got mine today. It's great. I found that if you put the phone in the holster bottom first, the phone does turn on but if I put the top in first, the phone doesn't turn on.
    well if the top part can come in contact with the power button because it's too wide, it will almost always hit if you load it the way it was intended (top first). I'm sure going from the bottom with more downward pressure would still lock in the holster where you have more control over the placement at the top.

Either way, you are entitled to get the revised holster and have your old one shipped back, no charge to you. Tough to turn down a freebie. Just make sure you send back the old one if you do that. They'll give you a prepaid label, and you just reuse the box the new one came in.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    After a few days of use, I still like mine just fine. I don't see any reason to exchange it for any other version, at least not yet. I'll hold off on asking for a replacement until I see reports of people actually using the new version.

eKennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    yeah. for your two cents, blame Palm One for making different versions of the same phone. The faces and button layouts are slightly different for each carrier. Now if they differentiated the model number that'd be one thing, but I don't think anyone imagined they'd have to get a sample from each carrier of the same phone. To boot, Palm One was even at their factory and never mentioned it. Safe to say the changes are being done and the new product should be in next week. If you feel the need to have to return it, then they have no problem with that as they will send you the new version.

Take a moment to think before you criticize. I've been working with this company for over 6 months now and they have been extremely responsive to their customers. They listen to their comments and feedback and update and make changes to their products when they can. This whole fiasco is being rectified in less than two weeks time. Try to get that kind of response from Seidio or any other injection molding company. Won't and can't happen.

And for the record, the changes they are making are listed below. I mentioned about making more of a 2 prong claw for the top part of the clip that straddles the sd slot and comes inside the power and audio/vibrate buttons. Would allow top locking of the holster as opposed to the current bottom locking version. Not sure if it's possible or not, but they are looking into it.

I know many have just filed away the interfering plastic which is fine. If you're happy with the holster that way, then all is well. If you'd like a replacement when the new ones come in, they'll be more than happy to take care of you. If you have any questions or comments I'll be happy to field them for you as I talk to them almost every day. And again, if you want to save $2.50 off of the holster, let me know.

As a consumer, I feel I am entitled to my own opinion, whether it pleases you or not, and whether you think I have thought it through or not. Regardless of whether Palmone made different versions or not, a third party manufacturer such as Proclip should still perform due diligence in testing their product, during which time issues such as this one should be identified and corrected BEFORE making the product widely available to the general public. This serves both to keep the company's reputation intact and to reduce costs (sending out replacement holsters has got to be eating into profits). While I agree the form factor should be the same for all carriers, as long as they use the same model number, I still think ProClip is accountable for releasing an untested product. Obviously they agree. This does not mean they are not a reputable company, nor that they make an inferior product. It means they released a product without thoroughly testing it. They are taking steps to correct the problem, which certainly improves the situation. That's enough to keep my business (at least for now).

Feel free to disagree with me all you want.

again...just MY 2 cents,
    -Joe
    Last edited by ExtraOrdinaryJo; 05/12/2004 at 12:09 PM.
    I received an email today from ProClip offering to exchange my holster, which I accepted. I am very happy with it (after filing away a little bit), but I like the other things they have implemented to make it better.
    Your two cents are noted and I'm not trying to stir the pot, but you can't blame ProClip for this. Palm One supplied them with the sample, meaning singular, uno, one. So in ProClip's eyes that was the only model to design it after. They just didn't grab a sample somewhere, it's what the manufacturer gave them to base their design off of. Since there are different versions with different aesthetics and button placement, then Palm One should've offered them all versions of the phone. Everyone has a right to opinion, but I don't think it's fair to blame ProClip on this one. They were just going off of what Palm One gave them to work with. Personally I don't even agree that the phone should be the same for all carriers. Different technology requires different components, and they packed as much as they could into the 600. So the faces and buttons might have had to be slightly modified for everything to fit and work properly. I just think if a company is going to design an accessory for their phone and ask them for samples to do so, then Palm One should realize the designs are slightly different and send them everything they need to design it properly.

And they're correcting the problem because it is just good for customer relations, not because they are at fault. It took a lot of prodding to get them into making holsters. They originally were looking for an injection molding company to outsource the i500 project to. When it all failed I bugged them (and I'm sure others did too) about modifying the car holder design, and then it spun off in a different direction. Now it opened the door for other phones that don't have all the accessories they should. It's a whole new revenue stream for them so replacing about 30-40 holsters is small potatoes in the long run. Besides, I know a few of my customers who probably won't even bother getting it replaced because it's working well for them.

And in the seven plus months I've been dealing with them they have constantly gone above and beyond to correct problems and listen to feedback from their customers, and this is just another instance of their level of service.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Hey guys,

The newly revised Treo Holster is available now(see pics). Overall design changes:you can see the sides have been moved further up to allow for a better grip on the phone when removing from the holster, the top clip has been changed to accommodate button placement and varying depth of the phone at the face. The foam pad is there to help with any possible contact with the SD card. This should be much more user-friendly now while sticking with the original design concept.

Again, if anyone would like to save $2.50 off of ProClip's prices you can buy them from me via paypal for $27.50. My paypal email adr is crogs571@yahoo.com. Any questions, feel free to drop me an email there as well.

And if you want your original one exchanged, just let me know, and I'll pass along the info or you can call ProClip directly. Also, they won't be asking for the old one back so you can do what you want with it.

Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    still looks like it only holds the phone vertically - one of the primary things I look at is horizontal positioning.... I'll probably email them about this later since I like the quality of their products and would rather stick with them if possible.
    I don't get it... I had a treo 180, I went to handspring.com and got a holster. It locked in 8 different positions... the end. Why is it difficult to produce the same type of holster for the 600?
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    why was it so difficult to make an i500 holster or an i600 holster? Took freakin' forever to get one done the injection molded way, and that only happened months and months after ProClip stepped up to the plate. All I can say is that the clip options for a machined holster are different than the ones put on the injection molded ones. The clip company is promising a rotating spring clip, and I swear it's going to happen soon. I just hate to make promises that I can't fully back up. Currently you're stuck with the removable swivel or the fixed spring clip. You can always re-epoxy the clip holder to the holster sideways and get the sideways hold. For now that's the only option. ProClip is supposed to send me a sample of the rotating one when it's available so when I know, you'll know. I'd like to say within the month since the thought of getting a sample was a pipe dream for the past 4 months. So that's progress in my book.
    We just got the revised ProClip holster in stock. Will be up on the store within the hour.
    I got my revised hlster today and I like the modifications. I am keeping the old one as a backup. Proclip went out of their way on customer service on this one. Bravo.
  12.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrosenblum
    I got my revised hlster today and I like the modifications. I am keeping the old one as a backup. Proclip went out of their way on customer service on this one. Bravo.
    I received mine today also and I echo your praises of ProClips customer service.

They contacted me about the issue w\o being forced by a government agency. When is the last time that has happened?

As they say in ebayese - 'great seller. will do business again' :-)
    got mine as well today - very nice, and always good to have a couple. You never know.
    Kudos to ProClips - not very often do you see a replacement policy with no hassle at all (not to mention a replacement that they didn't even <have> to do).
    Without repeating what has already said. Thanks to ProClip for my new holster. I think this one is a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    Hey guys,

The newly revised Treo Holster is available now(see pics). Overall design changes:you can see the sides have been moved further up to allow for a better grip on the phone when removing from the holster, the top clip has been changed to accommodate button placement and varying depth of the phone at the face. The foam pad is there to help with any possible contact with the SD card. This should be much more user-friendly now while sticking with the original design concept.

Again, if anyone would like to save $2.50 off of ProClip's prices you can buy them from me via paypal for $27.50. My paypal email adr is crogs571@yahoo.com. Any questions, feel free to drop me an email there as well.

And if you want your original one exchanged, just let me know, and I'll pass along the info or you can call ProClip directly. Also, they won't be asking for the old one back so you can do what you want with it.

Ryan

Do you have a picture of the Clips, they are what broke at the attachment point on the similar holsters I have used in the past.
    Does this holster feel secure enough to trust it on a motorcycle? I had a motorola 720 in a holster but didn't feel too comfotable about accidentally hitting it with my elbow or with a passenger causing it to 'unclip'.

also, is there good clearance for the headphone adapter to go beneath the bottom clip, or does it stick out the other direction?
    The clips are made by Krusell. It's their multidapt system. If you look up Krusell Multidapt on yahoo or google, you should find quite a bit about it. I have pics on my ebay listing for it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=570181430
    (and if you don't want to go through proclip or here I can get them for you for $27.50 delivered via paypal)

I think there's more pics as well in the Treocentral store to give you an idea as well. The pics are pretty detailed so you can make your own determination on the clearance. I only played with a friend's Treo 600 and she doesn't have all the gadgets for it.

I've only heard of one instance where a clip broke and the guy jammed the holster against something and there was a lot of torque and twisting that caused it to break and pop off. He even admitted it held stronger than he expected and was on board to buying a replacement.

If I was going to trust a holster on a motorcycle it would be this one. I think Krussel even makes a handlebar mount for their clip system as well.
    I wear my holster in a heavy duty industrial environment. If anything I wish the Treo would come out easier. There is no way this thing is popping out on accident.

My 2 cents.
    GM
    Quick message for Charles who ordered a holster from me. Tried to reply to your email, but it came back as a failure. Rest assured your order is in and it will ship out either today or Tuesday. You'll have it by the end of the week if not sooner. Don't know why the email failed.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast