1.    #1  
    I tried looking for the firmware upgrade on the PalmOne website and the link doesn't work for software and driver updates.

Where is the best place to find the newest version of the PalmDesktop and PalmPDAOperating System? Should I use the newest version or the CD that came with my Treo600?
    The firmware upgrade would depend on the carrier of your phone. I believe Sprint is the only one with an official firmware update. The Palm Desktop specific to the Treo has the Treo Picture utility and none of the stuff that the Treo doesn't support. Maybe others will have input as to whether the latest Palm Desktop is the best choice to use with the Treo.
    Good Technologies has official releases of f/w 2.12 (Updater 1.11) for the GSM carriers. I'm not sure why PalmOne does not show these on their website.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
  4.    #4  
    I looked on the Good Technologies website and could not find the latest Palm OS firmware. Any idea where it is buried?

Thank you.
    Can you all enlighten me on FW 2.12? What is the difference between this and the FW 3.04?

Thanks,

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Quote Originally Posted by rick999999
    I looked on the Good Technologies website and could not find the latest Palm OS firmware. Any idea where it is buried?

Thank you.
    Take a look here!
    Last edited by MovieGene; 05/02/2004 at 05:16 AM.
    Does Good Technologies have releases for specific GSM carriers, or is it just one generic update for everyone? I'd love to update the firmware on my Orange branded Treo 600, but I'd like to keep all the Orange branding so that it still maintains some kind of warranty....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nude Koopa
    Does Good Technologies have releases for specific GSM carriers, or is it just one generic update for everyone? I'd love to update the firmware on my Orange branded Treo 600, but I'd like to keep all the Orange branding so that it still maintains some kind of warranty....
    There is a seperate release for each carrier.
    Whats the difference between ver 2.12 and 3.04?

Stan
    voice recording
    saves more batry live
    reduce blue dots
    diferent startup screen
    faster gprs
    etc.

so good .. upgrade now !
    The 2.12 is BETTER than 3.04? I didn't know about voice recording capabilities!

Stan
    Where do you even See the firmware version on a Sprint Treo?

the Info screen in the phone app on mine just says:

Phone Number: <my number>
    PCS Vision Username: <my initials>
    ESN: <my esn>
    Software: Treo600-1.10-SPR
    Hardware: C
    HS SN: HBSAD4067A2T1
    PRL Rev: 10021
    PRI Checksum: 0x8D39

And that's it.

And are you really saing that the 2.12 firmware is better on all those points than the 3.04? Or did you just read too fast? I have yet to hear of a way to get firmware 3.04 on a Sprint Treo. And I really want to be able to record audio and have pctures without blue dots half the time.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    I'm stuck with 3.04. I can't down grade to 2.12. The software complained that the current firmware is newer than the one I'm trying to upgrde to, installer will now quit.

Damn..........I hope 3.04 is better than 2.12.

Stan
    Dang, I followed the directions here:
    http://www.good.com/downloads/GPRS_T...g_03_16_04.pdf

and found I have Build 318 (whatever that means) which is what this document at least says is the latest version available.

Dammit I want my paid-for copy of audacity to work. This is ridiculous.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Why downgrade to 2.12 to 3.04? obviously 3.04 is NEWER than 2.12....

3.04 has voice recording and other extra features not 2.12. However 3.04 is not an official release search these forums for 3.04 and you should be able to find a place to download it, I believe the upgrade you will find though is only for GSM though not CDMA!