Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just received Treo 600. I want to find a ballpoint pen that fits INSIDE
    the slot where the stylus normally goes.

AT Cross Pen had made one that fit beautifully inside the Treo
    180. However, Handspring made the 600 slot too small for that wonderful pen.
    Any ideas of where to find a pen like this?
    I believe that http://www.styluscentral.com has one, but there has been an issue with the reset pin being too short I think. There are some available on ebay, but I think some have run into issues with one of the models sold getting stuck in the stylus slot. You should be able to find more information by doing a search.
    One possibility is if you can find a skinny pen refill of the correct diameter that will fit in the hole after the reset tool has been removed and discarded. You can convert the handle end to a reset tool and use the handle end as your stylus (which works very well as a stylus btw).
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    I believe that http://www.styluscentral.com has one, but there has been an issue with the reset pin being too short I think. There are some available on ebay, but I think some have run into issues with one of the models sold getting stuck in the stylus slot. You should be able to find more information by doing a search.

DO NOT GET THE PEN STYLUS!!!
    all the above is correct, reset pin is way to short and then what happens is the the treo form fitted plastic top end which covers the pen portion of stylus become loose the will drop off into never never land.
    Then you are stuck because that is the only way to get the thing out of your T6. So you are left with finding a small nose pliers to get the thing out.

avoid at all cost!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    all the above is correct, reset pin is way to short and then what happens is the the treo form fitted plastic top end which covers the pen portion of stylus become loose the will drop off into never never land.
    Then you are stuck because that is the only way to get the thing out of your T6. So you are left with finding a small nose pliers to get the thing out.

avoid at all cost!!!
    I have been using the Microsoft Windows Mobile 3-in-1 Stylus since December without any problems (Staples - the pack says compatible with HP iPAQ h1910 & h1945 series handhelds). Yes, I have read that the above has happened to some members. But I use mine on a regular basis and it has never got stuck. They come 3 to a pack and cost me about $7.00. And yes, the reset pen is useless.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi

avoid at all cost!!!
    i wish i read this a couple of days ago .... just ordered one of those. Oh well maybe i can find a way around the problems.
    water created humans to carry it up hills

avoid at all cost!!!
    It's not that bad actually. Yes the reset pin is too short, but I've hardly ever needed it anyways. You can just sand the barrel a little bit to ensure it doesn't get stuck. It makes it a nice gold/bronze color after sanding.
    I swore by my styluscentral pen-stylus combo with my treo 180. I was excited when they came out with one for the treo 600, but then everyone complained of problems with it (reset pin too short, pen getting stuck in the chamber) so I didn't get it. I could live without the reset pin, but the getting stuck part is what really kept me away. What I don't understand is why no one makes one with a cap that SCREWS on instead of snapping on, since that's how it ends up getting stuck (cap comes off and barrel stays put). Seems like such a simple solution, especially considering the reset pin side already screws in. Really annoying that nobody makes a decent one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    I swore by my styluscentral pen-stylus combo with my treo 180. I was excited when they came out with one for the treo 600, but then everyone complained of problems with it (reset pin too short, pen getting stuck in the chamber) so I didn't get it. I could live without the reset pin, but the getting stuck part is what really kept me away. What I don't understand is why no one makes one with a cap that SCREWS on instead of snapping on, since that's how it ends up getting stuck (cap comes off and barrel stays put). Seems like such a simple solution, especially considering the reset pin side already screws in. Really annoying that nobody makes a decent one.
    Yes I definately second that. SCREW cap would be the solution. After just purchasing the combo, I spent a frantic hour this morning trying to extract the lost pen-stylus from my treo. The cap popped off while trying to remove stylus in treo. What a horrible design! I was willing to live without the reset pin, but cannot live with this flaw. Sometimes it seems like the people who design these products never test/use them.
  10.    #10  
    Just got your message AFTER I ordered from StylusCentral. It is important that I have a ballpoint pen that works. Are you saying that you lose the ballpoint pen OR the stylus? Or do you lose both?

I really need a ballpoint pen inside that treo600 all the time. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by rick999999
    Are you saying that you lose the ballpoint pen OR the stylus? Or do you lose both?
    The stylus with the pen inside it become un-extractable, I had to very small scissors to remove the stylus. The end-cap (which is a screw-on with the OEM stylus) pops off too easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    I have been using the Microsoft Windows Mobile 3-in-1 Stylus since December without any problems (Staples - the pack says compatible with HP iPAQ h1910 & h1945 series handhelds). Yes, I have read that the above has happened to some members. But I use mine on a regular basis and it has never got stuck. They come 3 to a pack and cost me about $7.00. And yes, the reset pen is useless.
    Can you post the product id if you have it, I can't seem to locate this.

Thanks.
    Go to the store. Set of 3 for good price.
    I bought them and they fit perfectly like original stylus. Metal barrell is a bit light but it does have a pen so i'm not complaining.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by geezlouise14
    Go to the store. Set of 3 for good price.
    I bought them and they fit perfectly like original stylus. Metal barrell is a bit light but it does have a pen so i'm not complaining.
    From the picture it looks like the pen-end cap just pops off. Will this not have the same potential problem of getting stuck?

Regards,
    --Mathew
    Last edited by mathewlu; 06/22/2004 at 11:50 AM.
    Same potential problem, but cap seems quite tight and i don't get the impression that this will happen. But good point -- if it does, not sure how I would get it out
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
    The stylus sold here have worked great for me so far....the reset pin is long enough and the cap feels pretty tight. 3 for $15 is a good deal too compared to Stylus Central. Oh, and in the process you get to support the folks that make this board available to us.
    Last edited by kschoenberg; 06/22/2004 at 07:28 AM.
    Hmmm... based on kschoenberg comment sounds like they actually might have fixed the problems they had before then. Hmmmmm....
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have the sylus from treocentral, too, and it works well as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    The stylus sold here have worked great for me so far....the reset pin is long enough and the cap feels pretty tight. 3 for $15 is a good deal too compared to Stylus Central. Oh, and in the process you get to support the folks that make this board available to us.
    <br>
    "What counts most in creating a successful team is not how compatible its players are, but how they deal with incompatibility." - Sports Illustrated
    The TreoCentral ones do look redesigned. I just got the three pack today. It is much better than the one from Stylus Central.

The cap does pop off, but it is very tight. The reset pin is long enough. Someone should redo the review on this site with this new oen stylus.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast