1.    #1  
    Well, I just found out from QuickOffice tech support that there is a new release of Quickoffice Premiere 7.1xxx with full Treo600 5-way support.

However, there does not seem to be a way to reach it (the download link was not working) and Palmgear still has a pretty old version posted...

Since I haven't downloaded and tested it myself, I have no way of knowing if the support works in both Quicksheet and Quickword.

I'll keep you posted...
    "I see dead pixels..."
    This is good news! Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Thanks!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I redownloaded Quickoffice Premier from the same place I downloaded it originally (path that came in my purchase email) and yes, it has been updated to version 7.1.57 and it appears to have T600 support. I can use the 5-way now to move between workbooks in the opening screen of Quicksheet and open one by pressing the center button. In a spreadsheet itself, the 5-way scrolls and the center button toggles between scrolling page-at-a-time or scrolling a line-at-a-time.

Thank you gamedeveloper for the tip and thank you iGo (or whomever owns quickoffice now) for the update!!!

-Gadgetpro
  5.    #5  
    No problemo! ;-0
    "I see dead pixels..."
  6.    #6  
    Gadgetpro:

I tried downloading the upgraded version from the link I purchased from and found some surprises (I purchased from Palm Gear)... First, they had failed to record my purchase properly so I had to go back and forth with them to even get a working download link. Second, the link they gave me was to an old demo version. Finally, Palmgear just passed responsibility for getting the new version on to the developer, who of course responds to my emails with "form letters" and other stall tactics... Typical bull****.

Who gave you the link, or rather, did you purchase direct from the developer or did you use a third party? (Palmsource, Palmgear, etc.)
    "I see dead pixels..."
    Quote Originally Posted by gamedeveloper
    Gadgetpro:

I tried downloading the upgraded version from the link I purchased from and found some surprises (I purchased from Palm Gear)... First, they had failed to record my purchase properly so I had to go back and forth with them to even get a working download link. Second, the link they gave me was to an old demo version. Finally, Palmgear just passed responsibility for getting the new version on to the developer, who of course responds to my emails with "form letters" and other stall tactics... Typical bull****.

Who gave you the link, or rather, did you purchase direct from the developer or did you use a third party? (Palmsource, Palmgear, etc.)
    If you are a resistered user of the program, you should know that the Quickoffice Desktop will check for updates from the help menu.

I have been using v.7.1.57 for months now.
    Last edited by dlbrummels; 05/01/2004 at 01:29 PM.
  8. dhl
    Yeah, I also have had 7.1.57 for months and the 5-way integration is terrible. There must be a newer version.
    Nope.
  10.    #10  
    I'm registered, but I don't use Quickoffice desktop at all. Ever. I only use Quickword to write long documents and open email attachments. I might get around to using Quicksheet at some point.

The version I'm using is 7.1.58.

5-way support is pure garbage... garbage... Almost moronic. (What kind of text editor does NOT allow you to use the arrow keys to navigate through your text?)

I really hope I'm missing a toggle that enables proper cursor support ... but I doubt it.
    "I see dead pixels..."
  11. dhl
    you know, I'm getting ready to bail on QuickOffice. They've been promising Mac support for close to a year now, but nada, their 5-way support is a joke and they only read .doc format files. Docs2Go is looking better every day. Anyone make the switch yet?
    Last edited by dhl; 05/04/2004 at 01:16 AM.
  12.    #12  
    I read the reviews that said Docs2Go was far better for the Treo 600 (or just better in general), but I went with QuickOffice because of the "fancier" user interface. I made the same mistake when choosing an art program (chose Handpainter Pro instead of Tealpaint). So the decision is doubly reinforced.

I WILL NEVER MAKE THIS MISTAKE AGAIN WHEN SELECTING PALM SOFTWARE...

I ask you, what good is a text editing program that has NO FACILITY for navigating through text with cursor keys? I'd say QuickWord is simply an expensive text reader. QuickSheet is a decent spreadsheet, hobbled by the same cursor control problems ... even when using the external keyboard.
    "I see dead pixels..."
    I agree that QuickOffice (I use version 7.1.58) is a real disappointment!
    What is MOST amazing is that it worked FAR BETTER on the 300 than the 600.

On the 300 you could move letter by letter.
    The cursor NON-control on the 600 is amazingly bad. Who wants to move a screen at a time. As GAMEDEVELOPER says, I keep thinking there HAS to be a "toggle" to switch to the usual letter by letter motion!!!!!!

Here's another disappointment. I used QuickSheet on the 300 not only to read sheets but to actually compose them. The little popup function icon at the bottom worked like a charm! It doesn't work at all on the 600...not with the cursor, not even with the stylus! It's just DEAD! I've talked with Kevin George at Cutting Edge and he couldn't help me.

I love QuickOffice for its tight integration with SnapperMail....but when there's no way to move letter by letter in Word, Sheet is basically now a reader, and Point doesn't open slides at all I feel pretty ripped off having spend $49 for this!Jim
    Jim