1.    #1  
    I'd be interested to know what contact applications people like (besides the one that comes with the Treo - which seems the best to me so far).

I have tried Beyond contacts and Contacts 5 and don't really like them. I'd like to have something a little more robust than what came with the phone, but I don't like it that these other applications seem to totally take over the Treo. Like with contacts 5, I can't get back to the dial pad once I have opened it! It seems to think all I want to do is look at contacts. I don't like that it takes an extra step to dial a number or how, even though it is supposed to be optimized for the Treo, that it doesn't know I am entering a number in a "phone number" space and requires me to hold down the option key. I also don't like these programs that have so many menus and icons that you lose half of your screen. Is there something out there that I am missing? Thanks
  2.    #2  
    I just discovered Keysuite and tried it. I think it is better than the other applications I have tried, BUT it doesn't make good use of the Treo's 5-way button. I emailed the maker, Chapura, and asked them if a "Treo-optimized" version is coming out anytime soon. If there was such a thing, I would buy it, even at their $60 price, which is rather steep.

Another drawback is that it seems to take up a fair amount of memory.

As mentioned above, I find the programs that fill your screen with icons and buttons to be annoying, and Keysuite doesn't do that.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76
    ...even at their $60 price, which is rather steep.
    Another drawback is that it seems to take up a fair amount of memory.
    As mentioned above, I find the programs that fill your screen with icons and buttons to be annoying, and Keysuite doesn't do that.

I went through this about two months ago. I fully agree with you I don't want my tiny screen filled with silly buttons. But I want an improvement to the contacts area.
    Bottom line KISS keep it simple

oh an cheap!
    If you like a bit of challenge, do not miss 5-way navigation and other Treo 600 things, and use HanDBase 3.0x, how about creating a contact manager database with it. The possibilities are many with it. Interaction withe the built-in databook is possible with plug-ins and HanDBase also supports alarms. Searches are fast, capacity is huge, encryption (64-bit) is possible, up to 100 fields per database, and it is relational.

Ben
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am now a fan of Contacts 5. The interface is amazing and the functionality is almost all you could ask for. I can't wait to see their upcoming offering for a Datebook as I would love to ditch Agendus.

I have Contacts5 as my shortcut within the phone. I would highly recommend it.
    If you would have read the original post you would see he didn't !
    I use (and have been using on previous palms for years) "SuperNames" for contact management and "ContactsPro" (which is a killer app!) for quick fingerdialing. Recently discovered "FingerDial" which also works well and has a handy favortites button.
    I agree with you that "Contacts 5" is too complex and too many steps involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    If you would have read the original post you would see he didn't !
    Lighten up. He asked for recommendations...
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I have tried both Contacts5, Beyond Contacts and Datebook5 but have gone back to Agendus. I like its ability to maintain a contact history as well as integrated datebook and mail app. But, eveyone has their likes and dislikes so this just my opinion. Good luck!
  10.    #10  
    Re post #2 above, Chapura tech support emailed me back and said that their next release of Keysuite will have Treo 5-way support, but it won't be available for "a few months."

I haven't tried Agendus yet. I remember reading something about it that made me think I wouldn't like it, but don't even remember what that was anymore. Maybe I'll give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by timmins
    Lighten up. He asked for recommendations...
    You seem to miss the point !

Why would anybody spend time recommending a program he has tried and not liked ?

He was not asking for recommendations of programs he tried already.

That is the meaning of the reply..........