Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Suddenly, every time I try to download a ringtone or wallpaper, or whatever, in Blazer, I get this message. Any idea what's going on here? Do I need to go into Filez and erase some corrupted cache file, or something?
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Okay. Since no one else seems to be having this problem, I went ahead and worked it out on my own. After lots of hard resets and restoring partial backups (Thanks, BackupMan!) I narrowed the problem down to the "Unsaved Preferences" file. Evidently, something in there was corrupt and was breaking the link between Blazer and the MIDI Ringtone Database.

So I restored everything except that file, and now I'm able to download ringtones and add them to my Treo again.

I had to redefine my Hot Sync ID before some of my programs accepted their serial codes, but a quick Hot Sync did that quite easily.

Just in case anyone else runs into this problem in the future.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Thanks. This just happened to me today! Wonder if it is related to the 3.04 update? (I have done the update)
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I had the same problem and that is a great fix I never would have figured out. I also have done the update.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Wow. You know, the problem happened to me just after the update, too, but for some stupid reason I didn't make the connection. It is entirely possible that the update caused this (at least for the three of us).

Oh well, at least it's fixable.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    This is in the KB at PalmOne

http://205.141.210.149/SRVS/CGI-BIN/....tem,CASE=6885

I found that after first deleting the Unsaved Preferences, I got the Unsupported Media Type error. I went in to the Prefs and ran the digitizer and the did a soft reset. Everything worked after that.

Now to go through my apps and see what others settings have been deleted.

10:00am Update -
    All Hotsync Information is lost when you delete this file. Syncing now and hoping that everything isn't duplicated.

10:30am Update -
    After the "first time sync" process with PocketMirror, everything is OK. The only other thing that seems to have been altered was the fact that TreoGuard was disabled.

Whew...
    Last edited by KKenna; 05/15/2004 at 12:27 PM.
    Ok, all of a sudden i'm getting this error after several months of successfull use of the crow firmware and downloading midi files. I also can't hotsync (it says that a program on my computer is not responding but the dialog pups up just fine...)

ANy help?

Neko2
    Guys, I ran into this problem a while ago and I deleted the unsaved prefs file as instructed but it put me through hell. It basically did a hard reset on me and I lost everything - it even started to reset and not complete the reset so it was looping it over and over. How can I fix this problem?