Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I posted this message just moments before the board crashed. I'm reposting to try to understand if others are having the same problem with the Seidio Holster.

Basically, what is happening is that the holster clips have started to damage the Treo casing...specifically the little silver strip that runs down the middle of each side of the Treo. One side appears to be perfectly fine, however the other side is taking a beating. Where there once was a slim little slot for the clips to lock into, there is now a cracked and chipped "bigger" slot. Essentially, the clip appears to be applying pressure to the edge of the silver piece when the Treo is inserted into the case, and over time that has weakened to the point that pieces are now cracking and breaking off.

At this point, it feels like the Treo still is held securely in the case in spite of this. However, looking into the now larger slot, it appears like the silver strip is actually what gives the clip some purchase to hold on to the Treo, and as that continues to break off, I suspect the case will no longer be able to securely hold the Treo.

Anyone else have any problems with the holster? Someone replied to my first post on this and suggested I should have expected the clip to damage the Treo...that was a strange one, I wouldn't expect any accessory that was designed and sold by a reputable company to damage the device it works with.
    well as the poster you referred to, I think I said that you shouldn't have been surprised that the Seidio holster chipped the paint. There may be a fine line btw chipped paint and a damaged unit, but that's what I saying.

Now - having said that, I'm also seeing some widening at the slot, which is very troublesome to me, and also increased creaking. So - I'm on the hunt for a new one. There's another holster about to be offered by ProClip - check out this thread at pdaphonehome.com for more:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=26123

The third page in the thread has the final pics and early ordering info. I've ordered one via PayPal.
  3.    #3  
    OK, well, you're probably seeing that this isn't chipped paint, this is chipped plastic and before long the clip won't hold the unit if this continues.

I looked at the link, thanks for that. Seems interesting, but I think I like the Seidio design.

Frankly, I think the blame falls on Handspring/Palm here. Obviously those grooves were designed to be a clip interface point, they shouldn't designed that silver piece in such a way that it wasn't bonded to the case underneath that friction point.

Let us know how you like this new case!
    I am very dissapointed in the Seidio holster. Besides chipping the silver paint on my Treo, the holster has lost it's ability to hold the Treo firmly. Additionally, the swivel on the belt clip has lost tension allowing it to rotate freely.

Three times in the past three days, my holster has swiveled down and the Treo has fallen out. I am now sporting numerous scratches on the front of my Treo as a reminder of the quality of this $30 part.

Based on my experience, I cannot recommend this product to anyone.
  5.    #5  
    I am starting to see the same thing with my holster as well. It is certainly getting looser in the case, and it seems like the swivel swivels more than it used to...

It's unfortunate, because I like the mechanics of the design, too bad it doesn't hold up long term, and that the Treo seems not to have been designed with the idea that anyone would ever use the little slits in the side that the case holds on to...I don't blame Seidio as much as Palm for that problem since they should have designed that area to hold up to more stress if it was designed to act as an interface for a case...maybe that slit is just for prying the case open or something else...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    well as the poster you referred to, I think I said that you shouldn't have been surprised that the Seidio holster chipped the paint. There may be a fine line btw chipped paint and a damaged unit, but that's what I saying.

Now - having said that, I'm also seeing some widening at the slot, which is very troublesome to me, and also increased creaking. So - I'm on the hunt for a new one. There's another holster about to be offered by ProClip - check out this thread at pdaphonehome.com for more:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=26123

The third page in the thread has the final pics and early ordering info. I've ordered one via PayPal.
    Have you gotten the ProClip holster yet? If so, how do you like it?
    don't have it yet - but they're now orderable on the ProClip website.
    Proclip rocks, use their Treo 600 proclip for my car and also bought another setup for the ipod.

I am looking forward to getting one.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    I have damaged my Treo 600 because it fell out of the Seido holster. The treo ends upside down where it is real easy to have it drop out of the holster.
    The treo fit to the holster gets loose over time. As a result, I have stopped using the holster. The concept was great, but didn't pan out.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I wish I would have read this before I bought this $30 holster. I thought that being THIS expensive, it was tried, true, and tested! I can't get my money back now, since it's over 14 days, but I wish that TreoCentral would stop offering it (and at least offer a replacement holster such as the proclip one).

My Treo 600 is damaged several times over, and I lost my SD card (a 256 MB card) in the process.

What can I do? Nothing. Thank you, TreoCentral!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    As someone said, the phone keeps falling out because the holster swivels it upsidedown.

Here's the major damage. There are other scrapes and scratches (esp on the antenna), but this just happened recently. I only owned the holster for less than a month:

http://www.ps-innovations.com/pics/treo/treobroke.jpg

Oh, and I got my phone for about a month (bought the holster only weeks after I got my phone).

My new phone, as described by my coworker, looked like it was a year old (I asked him how old did he think it was).
    I stuck a piece of thick foam tape under the clip to keep it from swiveling at all, so I didn't have the freely rotating problem. My problem was that the clip broke off entirely, dumping my Treo on the floor.

I got an RMA# from Seidio and sent it back for replacement, but I'm not going to use it anymore. I ordered a ProClip last week, so should have it in a day or two.

I'd also recommend against getting the Seidio holster.

eKennedy
    Let us know how the ProClip works after a couple of weeks usage
    We will start carrying ProClip's Treo products late next week. Thanks for finding them!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    We will start carrying ProClip's Treo products late next week. Thanks for finding them!
    I guess the question which remains unanswered is how you plan to deal with the issues described here associated with the Seidio holster? Seems like you should consider pulling that holster from the store since it is turning out to not have been sufficiently tested, resulting in damage to the Treo directly from the attachment design, as well as deterioration over time of the ability to securely hold the Treo in place.

Even though I was one of the first to receive the holster when it became available, I still would have expected it to have been more fully tested. As it is, I really like the design, but I know I am going to have to toss it soon and go to some other holder. As the Treo-experts, you should not offer for sale products which prove to be "defective", either in function or design.
    Seidio has informed me that the 2nd generation Treo holster will start shipping next week.

- Clip attachment changed from plastic to metal ring ensure longer duration
    - Tension also adjusted to make it much tighter than the previous generation

According to Seidio there will be a limited trade-up program handled by them.
    We now have the 2nd generation Holster in stock. Anyone who purchased the the orginal holster and would like to upgrade please contact us at support@treocentral.com
  18.    #18  
    Marcus, I got the replacement holster and I compared it to the one I have. I don't believe there is any difference at all between the two. They are visually identical. Comparing fit and function, I also can't tell any difference.

I think Seidio is pulling a fast one here. I wouldn't waste any more time and money sending out replacements...
    Isn't it unbelievable that we're all having so much trouble finding a decent case for the T6? If you buy a Star-Tac, it comes with a holster that is totally functional, doesn't damage the phone, doesn't come loose, etc. etc. The folks at PalmOne must want to carry their phones on their belts like everyone else. Why don't they incorporate a holster into the design process of the phone?
  20.    #20  
    Yeah, I wonder why PalmOne doesn't make a holster for the Treo...makes no sense to me either.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast