1.    #1  
    I got my Treo 600 (Sprint) the first day thay were made available. My only problem is vibration does not work. I am afraid to get a replacement after reading about so many horror stories such as re-setting etal... Has anyone been able to restore vibration after loss?
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    My third t600, and no vibration problems on either one.
    If you are prepared to open the device (watch yer warranty) - and there were threads in here on how to do this, you will find that the vibration device/motor is not hard wired to the PCB. It uses spring contacts. You may have to reposition these and clean the contact. If that does not work, then the device is faulty, and either put up with it or exchange.
    The vibration is hardly worth having anyway, it is not up to much.
    Comes in handy for me, and I don't even use a case fro my phone. I keep it in my front pocket.
    Am I the only person who's still on my 1st Treo after using it since it first came out?

I take really good care of my stuff (only dropped the Treo once so far) and it holds up for as long as I use it. Prior to the Treo, I used my 1st (and only) Kyocera 6035 for 2 and a half years (with the same battery, BTW).

Gotta remember... this stuff is not indestructable, so be careful out there!
    go.digital
  6.    #6  
    Thanks guys, I do believe I'll stick with it at least, untill a new model comes.
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I also got mine the first day they were released (10/10/03 or thereabouts). No hardware probs at all. No hard resets at all. Very few soft resets that I didn't cause myself. I did the firmware update with no problems and have used a standard SanDisk SD card since January or so.

I still use the Handspring belt case/clip but take the Treo out pretty often for better stylusing when playing games and doing other things that the 5-way isn't good for yet.

Just today I finally put on a screen protector (the ones sold here).
    - Fushigi
    I'm still on my first, purchased late November.

As for the ringer problem, I recall seeing a post from someone who fixed theirs this way:

Hold it like you were going to throw a baseball pitch. Rapidly make the throwing motion, but instead of letting go bring your hand (and the Treo) to a sudden stop at the end of the throwing motion.

Apparently this user's vibrator had gotten stuck, and this trick got it moving again. Note that I have not tried this technique, and if you fail to hold on to your Treo and actually throw it I accept no responsibility at all. You're on your own.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9.    #9  
    No problem though, I did not like that cat. Vibration still not working but thanks anyway!
    I'm still on my original one, that I recieved when they were first available...
    i m on my second had to get a replacement about 2 months after i got it because of the echo problem.
    I'm on my first one still, but I've only had it since February (I think). It's a Rev C...
    Quote Originally Posted by dulan
    Am I the only person who's still on my 1st Treo after using it since it first came out?
    Still on my first... My baby was delivered on 9 October.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    I'm on my first one still, but I've only had it since February (I think). It's a Rev C...
    Uh, make that Late November 2003 or early December. I just realized I have pics on it from my wedding aniversary which was December 12. So I've had it almost 5 months, and not a single problem...
    Well I just requested my 6th replacement - speaker phone echo on all of them.
    I recently had the infamous (what happened to my post?)"Network Search" problem, with phone calls dropping like crazy. I took it back to the Sprint store for diagnostics and they performed that notorious secret "test" in that "back room". 1 hr later I came back and they informed to me that my beloved Treo had failed the test and was defective, and that they would send me a new one in 2 days no problem. They didn't call or I missed it and I never took it back for the Network issue never came back. It went away and my phone is superfine! No problems at all. BTW, this is my original phone from November!! I don't believe Sprint did anything to improve the phone since they ordered a new one. Hmmm?? I did tell them to try updating the prl.. Strange.
    But after reading posts about the new phones, I'll just ride with my "defective" hardware C refurb. stat. none, Sprint 1.10 firmware version.
    Last edited by treo600kings; 05/01/2004 at 09:24 AM.
    Still using my first and I got it two weeks after it became available. It is a Sprint unit I purchased directly from HandSpring. Great device.

Ben

--------------

Quote Originally Posted by dulan

I take really good care of my stuff (only dropped the Treo once so far) and it holds up for as long as I use it. Prior to the Treo, I used my 1st (and only) Kyocera 6035 for 2 and a half years (with the same battery, BTW).

Gotta remember... this stuff is not indestructable, so be careful out there!