Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sprint would probably send a hit man after you if you did 400 gigs.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    How did you rack up so much? That's over 400 gigabytes!
    Umm Check again the "-" before the number means that he has negetive. If it were a car then it would have been "Driven backwards" (AKA Ferris Bulers Day Off) quite alot.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    My CDMA version in use since 11/27/03 shows:

Code:
    Life Timer (minutes):  004640
    Life Data (kilobytes): -424956623
    Negative bytes?

ERic
    I checked again today and it now shows:

Code:
    Life Timer (minutes):  004661
    Life Data (kilobytes): -424956336
    So I am getting less negative!

Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    Umm Check again the "-" before the number means that he has negetive. If it were a car then it would have been "Driven backwards" (AKA Ferris Bulers Day Off) quite alot.
    I guess I'm supplying all the bytes for the rest of the Sprint users....

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    It reads approx. 250 MB since October, but I'm beginning to think that it is measuring through Blazer, and not Vision data traffic in general.
    I just tested this theory. Using WebViewer and Snappermail both increase the counters.

ERic
    OK you win the contest for the most unique glitch ever found on a Treo600.

And you have given us an idea how mutch data the counter is designed to handle 999,999,999 Kb or 976,562.49 Meg or 953.67 Gig or .931 Terabytes.

<joke>Diden't any ever learn from the y2k glitch and Bill Gates, Limits are always going to be exceeded!</joke>
  7.    #27  
    Eric, Would you care to tell us your usage pattern? Maybe it's a quirk in the system where it puts a - before life data when it reaches 9 digits as in your case?

I believe the life timer and life data are for usage your Sprint phone number, which includes minutes and 3G data used on previous 3G phones on the same phone number. And I believe it is true that life data does not accurately measure PdaNet usage.

I checked again today and it now shows:

Code:
    Life Timer (minutes):  004661
    Life Data (kilobytes): -424956336
    So I am getting less negative!

ERic
    I believe the life timer and life data are for usage your Sprint phone number, which includes minutes and 3G data used on previous 3G phones on the same phone number. And I believe it is true that life data does not accurately measure PdaNet usage.
    In my experience the life data counter is not a total for my phone number, just the device. PdaNet does seem to increase the counter on mine.

I havent paid attention to the life timer but it does seem high for a 4 month old replacement, its at 10189 and I dont use voice THAT much. My previous non-Treo phone was much higher than that, though it wasnt a 3G model.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Just to throw a wrench into the thought:

I am now on my 3rd Treo 600 (speaker started working intermittently after a short drop from A/C vent holder to console in car) and my new (made 2004 PalmOne branded Treo 600) reads:

Life Data (kilobytes): -146554826!

Curiously, it is almost the same number as the Treo 600 I turned in on Monday. The "Life Timer (minutes)" on this new Treo 600 is only 000264, which leads me to believe the Life Data moved over when I did a BackUp Man full restore.

I could always Hard Reset this one and see what the Life Data reads then...

Cheers!
  10.    #30  
    Is the -146554826 kilobytes without the - sign accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by 7zero

I am now on my 3rd Treo 600 (speaker started working intermittently after a short drop from A/C vent holder to console in car) and my new (made 2004 PalmOne branded Treo 600) reads:

Curiously, it is almost the same number as the Treo 600 I turned in on Monday. The "Life Timer (minutes)" on this new Treo 600 is only 000264, which leads me to believe the Life Data moved over when I did a BackUp Man full restore.

Cheers!
    7zero, Very weird, you and I have exact opposite experience with replacing units since I know my data counter reset, and Im pretty sure my voice counter did not. I used hotsync with BackupBuddy to restore my device.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Is the -146554826 kilobytes without the - sign accurate?
    I don't think so, but if it's off it may not be by much. My first Treo 600 was October 24, 2003, Second was November (right before Porting day) and now my third.

While, I don't usually track my usage, I do use PTunes with Shoutcast quite a bit, use Blazer and Webpro a fair ammount during the day.

I think it's curious as to how several of us have Negative numbers.

I'll do a hard reset and see what it shows.
  13.    #33  
    I just hard reset mine and both the life timer and life data numbers were there unchanged. Now I have to do a restore. It better work!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero

Cheers!
    I wonder where it stores that information. The phone has to be on to get the numbers but it doesnt have to actually be connected to the network (Phone shows "No Service").
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I just hard reset mine and both the life timer and life data numbers were there unchanged. Now I have to do a restore. It better work!

Hmmm. I just did the same (I guess I should have checked the boards faster)and no change. Two thoughts:

1) It follows the account. Not sure this is it because not everyone's Life Data carries over. I'm probably wrong, but, oh well, just a guess.

2) Something backed up by a program like Backup Man (what I use) or Backup Buddy carries the Life Data information over.

Maybe using a back up app and a hotsync throws this off.

Ah life in the land of the Treo 600...so many questions.

Glad the boards are back up so we can discuss these types of things.

Cheers!
    When I said BackupBuddy, I meant the desktop app, not BackupBuddyVFS the palm app. I do use that also BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    I wonder where it stores that information. The phone has to be on to get the numbers but it doesnt have to actually be connected to the network (Phone shows "No Service").
    FWIW, after I replaced my first Treo with the dreaded "Red X" issue, the data meter on Treo #2 (which was brand new) seems to have picked up exactly where I left off on #1. (It wasn't reset to zero).
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I just tested this theory. Using WebViewer and Snappermail both increase the counters.
    Still doesn't work for me. I just tested again this morning and SnapperMail downloads are not changing the counter reading. I don't know what to make of this. Maybe a glitch in rev B?
    163,230 KB
    7,598 minutes

Since 10/5/03

It seems if one doesn't use Shoutcast or PDAnet that much, it's difficult to rack up the data. I still can't imagine how people can be over 1GB.
    When you get down to 0 does it explode?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast