1.    #1  
    Excuse me if his is a newbie question. The camera in my 600 blows in low light. Actually it's pretty terrible in anything but very bright light. Anyway, I heard that there is some sort of patch or update that can halp this problem. I don't expect it to be perfect, but any gains would be nice. So, where can I get these updates/patches?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    Excuse me if his is a newbie question. The camera in my 600 blows in low light. Actually it's pretty terrible in anything but very bright light. Anyway, I heard that there is some sort of patch or update that can halp this problem. I don't expect it to be perfect, but any gains would be nice. So, where can I get these updates/patches?

Thanks!
    Hi,

I guess your looking for Qset. With this small program you can change the compression of the pictures and this enhances them quite a bit.

Just do a search on "Qset" and you'll find all you need.

Bye,

Ton
    I believe there was another one called CameraTest... It has a lot more advanced options and you need to be very careful - I don't have a link tho - if searching turns up nothing, maybe someone else can provide the link
  4.    #4  
    Actually it was a firmware patch of some sort that helkped in low light situations, but I'll check out the other programs mentioned. Thanks! Anybody else hear of a firmware patch that helps?
    i heard the firmware 3.04 fixes the camera's issue. but not sure if it is what u want to upgrade to 3.04, or find an one-off patch to apply, if there is one.
    There is a beta app that replaces the builtin camera app. It can fix the blue dots by pressing S

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=49267
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  7.    #7  
    OK, I'm a newbie and now very confused. I have a Sprint Treo 600 with a built in camera. Will this program help improved the CRAPPY picture quality? It seems to be fore some sort of external camera, or am I just reading wrong? Also it adds things like zoom? Didn't think that was possible....
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    i heard the firmware 3.04 fixes the camera's issue. but not sure if it is what u want to upgrade to 3.04, or find an one-off patch to apply, if there is one.
    How/Where do I get firmware updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    How/Where do I get firmware updates?
    check this URL out

http://coljac.net/treo_firmware_faq.html
  10.    #10  
    It says EVEN MORE DIRE WARNING! Don't apply these instructions to a Sprint or other CDMA Treo. You will break it!

I have a Sprnt Treo 600...
    Last edited by ThirdType; 04/28/2004 at 05:49 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    Hi,

It's true, with the 3.04 FW the famous blue-dot syndrom is finished. I have it applied on a T600 GSM (Orange France) and together with Qset, I can make quite good (or not too bad) pictures.

The camera also works a bit better in bad light conditions.

As said above, unfortunately the upgrade is only for GSM phones and cannot be used on CDMA.

Bye,

Ton
  13.    #13  
    Well, does the 1.1 fiormware for Spring phones affect the pi8cture quality? Does the "dreaded blue dot" problem affect sprint phones as well?
    I can't understand why a fix isn't possible. If you use Movie Recorder, you get a sharper, more stable picture for the entire shoot, WITH NO BLUE DOTS. Now why is tha? I've taken 10-20 seconds of video with a picture that is much clearer than most of my pictures, and they never "blue out."
  15.    #15  
    Dang, accidently unsubscribed myself from the thread...just posting to get back on...
    Holy cow, anyone else try Neat Image? I just found it on another thread and used it...you will not believe the difference it makes. I can eliminate the blue dots and it makes all my digital camera pictures better also... http://www.neatimage.com/index.html
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Actually, I've upgraded my unit with the official update from PalmOne. I have an unbranded GSM T600. It upgraded my unit to 3.05 w/SW 1.12. No, it didn't solve the blue dots, it's still there. I didn't notice any improvement in the camera department, and yes, I also have qset set to 90.
    I noticed my picture quality pretty much sucked. I compared it to the quality of my wife and daughter's Sprint PCS Vision phones (Samsung VGA 1000) and was pretty disappointed, until I looked at the quality on the PC after synch. The picture quality of my Treo 600 is far superior to the quality of the VGA 1000s. The difference to me is the poor quality resolution of the Treo's screen. The screen on the VGA 1000s is much sharper, but the photos are not as good, kind of fooling me, until I looked at the quality of the photos on my computer. The Treo has a surprisingly good camera, for as cheap as it seems on the Treo's lousy resolution screen.