1.    #1  
    Hi...

For the last week, every time I try to access the internet by typing a URL on the keypad or on the keyboard, I get a restart. I can access sites via bookmarks just fine. I can also access the website whose address is already in the www field, but if I try to type in something new it resets. I can use Google to go to websites. I thought it was probably a phone problem, so I had Sprint replace the phone. That didn't solve the problem.

I've deleted most apps from the Palm but that didn't resolve the problem. The extra apps still installed are Bejeweled, pTunes, and Snapper.

Any ideas?

--Linda
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    Huh? That link leads me to a download of an unidentified EXE file. Can you tell me what it is? I'm on a Mac, by the way.

--Linda
    Last edited by lindaracine; 04/27/2004 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lindaracine
    Huh? That link leads me to a download of an unidentified EXE file. Can you tell me what it is? I'm on a Mac, by the way.

--Linda
    It is a link to a troubleshooting item at Palmone support to fix your problem:

What should I do?
    First, you'll need to download and install a third-party file utility such as FileZ (from nosleep software). This utility lets you delete hidden databases from your device. The corrupted databases you'll be deleting are not normally visible to end users without a utility.

The instructions below are for FileZ. If you use a different file utility, creatively modify the steps to fit the application you're using.

Launch the FileZ application on your device.

Choose "View and Edit Files."

Find the file named:
    Web Find AutoFill

Highlight this file.

Press Menu .

From the File menu, choose Delete. When asked to confirm, say Yes.

Now find the file named:
    Web URL AutoFill

Highlight this file.

Press Menu .

From the File menu, choose Delete. When asked to confirm, say Yes.

That's it! Once you've deleted those two files, you should be able to type URLs in the built-in web browser without experiencing a reset.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I'm also getting resets when I use blazer, but they are not related to the url autofill (or at least I don't think so). My resets occur usually when I go to blazer, whether I use the nav pad shortcut, mcphling, or from the applications page. It doesn't happen everytime & I have not been able to find a pattern. Also, 84b files named "finger" or "cert" show up after this happens. I am at a loss - any help would be appreciated.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks very much for all the detail, but I'm stuck. It appears that FileZ requires that StreamLync be installed. Since StreamLync is a Windows application, I'm hosed. Any other ideas?
    I don't have anything called streamlync on my pc yet filez works for me. When you press ##377 after a reset, what does your message say. mine always says reset was caused while running "<unknown application>": fatal exception.
  8.    #8  
    Hi Dave...

The problem is that I couldn't download the file. I've just figured out how to download a different version, and will install it momentarily and try Millerhifi's fix. Did you try it?

In what application are you when you press ##377? When I get a reset, it drops me back in the phone application, and ##377 does nothing.

--Linda
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Millerhifi! Worked like a charm! :-)
    By typing in those keys from the phone key pad and pressing dial will tell you what application caused your treo to crash. It's different depending on what 600 you have. GSM on the dial pad type #*377 and if it's a Sprint 600 you would type ##377. Either way it's obvious that it's the web that is crashing your phone.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by lindaracine
    Thanks Millerhifi! Worked like a charm! :-)
    Welcome!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone