Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Could someone recommend a thin, tight case for the Treo 600 without a belt clip? I keep my phone in my pocket, and would like some sort of protective cover for it, but I don't want the friggin' belt clip. It makes the overall phone thicker, and it rubs against my leg, or sticks out through the cloth of the pants.

I like the Krusell case, but it looks like there's one of those inescapable belt clip thingies on the back. Can it be removed?

Thanks, all,

-Chuck
    I too am looking for the same thing. I saw a friend of a friend's Nokia phone last year and theyhad some sort of rubber skin on it and I thought this might be a answer for the Treo. Do they make anything like it for the Treo?
    I too am looking for the same thing. What's needed is a clear and strong baloon. How about a condom? Anyone want to try it out and let us know how it performs?
    You might like Vaja's iVolution case, however it probably won't significantly prevent pregnancy or the transmission of disease, so use it cautiously.
    you can remove almost all signs of the belt clip with the krussel case.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    I'm not a big fan of cases, but I did get the Covertec case for when I'm in the gym and need a belt clip for listening to mp3's. The good news for this thread is that the belt clip comes completely off and the case is as skin tight as I can imagine one being. The only drawback to the case is that it is somewhat difficult to tap on the corners of the touchscreen because of the protective plastic screen and keyboard cover. However, the keyboard and navpad work very well with the plastic protector. The biggest challenge is finding one in stock. I found mine at www.covertec.com.
    I tried the PalmOne Form Fit case, the Bellagio case and the Covertec case. The only one I kept was the Covertec case, as I find it to be the slimmest one, with an optional belt clip. I carry the Treo 600 in my pocket and find the Covertec case adds little bulk, in comparison to the PalmOne case which has a non-removable belt clip. I didn't like the Bellagio case as it was too thick, and was actually a bit nervous with the screen and keyboard fully exposed.

I bought my Covertec right here on TreoCentral, though it did take almost a month to receive. If you want one in Brown leather, there are plenty available on eBay.
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Firmware: 1.05
    Current Software: Treo650-1.04-CNB
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I own a Covertec, Bellagio, and several others. The Covertec is thin but has two seams on the inside back that causes bulk where there should be none. I got a hard metal case (Innopocket or Pacific Rim) and it is really great.4
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    You might like Vaja's iVolution case, however it probably won't significantly prevent pregnancy or the transmission of disease, so use it cautiously.
    very nice design but it is very expensive
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I own a Covertec, Bellagio, and several others. The Covertec is thin but has two seams on the inside back that causes bulk where there should be none. I got a hard metal case (Innopocket or Pacific Rim) and it is really great.4
    My posts keep getting cut in half! Anyway, the metal case is surprisingly very form fitting and slim because it's thin aluminum witha neoprene lining. Doesn't add much bulk at all. Downer is you have to adjust your typing$
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    What's going on, cut off again! Anyway typing stle needs to be adjusted since case door swings to the right. Belt clip stud is removable and you can talk on it with case closed. BTW, it's a pain to surf this site w/o the mobile discussion up.
    before the boards got wasted, I rewmember readint that iSkin(?) might be putting out a T600 version. I am going to email them today to find out if they made any headway... I'll post any info as I find out.
    If you don't mind a sporty (vs. professional) look, the Timbuk2 case works pretty well in my pocket. Optionally, it has vertical and side mounting capability w/out the clip/nub.

I am interested in getting a hard case, but afraid that it would be as slick as the unprotected unit. Jlczl, any problems hanging onto the metal case?

See this old thread for pics of the Timbuk2: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...hlight=timbuk2
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"
    Saran Wrap?
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    no trouble hanging on to it. Has raised rubber grips on the sides. 3 small strips on the left and 2 groups of 3 on the right. Kinda like permanent egrips but smaller and thinner.
    Definately the COVERTEC slim case! i owned the Krussel and dumped it, for the exact same reason, i couldn't stand the belt-clip thingy sticking off the back of it. As for the Covertec (mine is black with the off-white stiching), the only negative is the difficulty getting to the EXTREME corners of the screen (the plastic screen is that tight). perhaps it will give with age.

anyhow, better than the thick oem product (what came in the box) and better than some bulky belt clip thingy sticking off the back. you could always razor blade away the plastic area of the screen.

best of luck
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=348127

a whole thread on cases. some of the links in the thread have lots of pictures.
    the covartec case belt clip can come off. i recommend the belllagio, krussell and covartec for skin tight without a belt. the ivolution is a tad expensive and doesn't come with any screen protection AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    i have the innopocket metal case too. i think i'll get egrips for it (or make some grips myself). but it has some ribber grips on the side. clip is removable.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=348127

the covartec case belt clip can come off. i recommend the belllagio, krussell and covartec for skin tight without a belt. the ivolution is a tad expensive and doesn't come with any screen protection AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    yes, but the Krussell still has a sharp edged plastic piece on its backside (without the clip). the Covertec is virtually flat, nothing to catch onto.

i personally like that feature.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast