Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    http://portal.treobits.com/forums/in...ic=103&hl=case

Here's a post with a list of cases available for the treo 600. excellent link.

Here's a link to the Slipper case without clip
    http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3200

and the Slipper case with clip
    http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3201

BTW, Slipper cases are made by EB Cases

http://www.ebcases.com/catalog/SPT600_all.jpg shows a little thingy that sticks out at the back though

so is covartec the clear winner for the Skin-tight case contest?
    Last edited by rossoneri; 06/03/2004 at 08:11 PM.
    How is the covertec with the sd card?
    i read that sometimes, the case pushes in and unlodges the sd card from it's holder. but that is from one poster on one forum. i haven't seen it as a problem that consistently occurs.
    I just got my iVolution case and I love it. Perhaps a Porsche-like case (very pricey!) but the handcraft and leather quality is wonderful.
    the ivolution offers the least protection of all cases because the screen is left exposed. there's a pic somewhere of a guy who was using the vaja case and had his screen crack because he wore it on his belt.
    I think the best case for the Treo at the moment has to be the Treo Form Fit Case ($18.00 at buy.com). It is the ONLY case that covers/protects your camera lens AND allows direct access to the screen and keyboard, also covered so no dirt and grime or rubbing of keys. There is also quick, easy access for charge/syncing as well as getting to the SD card.

The big belt clip thing comes off and you have the tiny stub left on, which provides extra shock protection should you drop it on that side.

I have absolutely no complaints with this case at all and after 4 months of use my phone is still in PERFECT condition. No broken, unprotected screens here. And isnt that what a case is supposed to do?

If you want to pay $84 for a case that "looks" good then go ahead. Functionality and overall protection is much more important to me.
    Last edited by lplplpx3; 06/04/2004 at 01:35 AM.
    Get the ivolution and a screen protector. If you don't get the belt clip version, you'll have no problems. I have one - it is incredible, but expensive.
    as everyone knows, the screen protector is not meant to protect against shocks, impacts or stabs against the screen. it is meant to protect against SCRATCHES and damage to the screen that may come about from day to day usage. It is not meant to protect against ANYTHING more than that. Your screen protector will not save the screen if it bumps into the edge of a table while wearing it on your belt, for instance. However, an metal case will protect it 100% and a flip front leather case like bellagio's will protect it at least 70% in an instance like that. A screen protector will offer you 0% protection.

Not sure if you guys saw this but here are pics someone posted on this forum of a cracked treo screen from using a vaja ivolution case. some protection huh?

THREAD: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=51226

PICTURE 1
    PICTURE 2
    I first bought the factory form fit case, and didn't like it because the plastic cover all over the screen didn't allow me to tap or even write (I use Jot). It didn't fit very well either, so I could hardly hear through the earpiece nor could be heard through the microphone.

Next I purchased the Sprint branded leather form-fit case ($40), whose plastic covers only the keyboard. Amazingly, even though the microphone hole is covered up it works fine! It has a detachable front cover for the whole device which is pretty quick to remove when answering calls. I also keep the phone in my pocket, so I "modified" it by carefully cutting out the plastic piece where the belt clip is attached. I am very satisfied with it. Now if only the front cover came with a couple of SD card pouches... :-)

I guess it must be pretty popular because the Sprint online store was out of stock on them (I bought mine at a local Sprint store). Check them out.

By two bits' worth...
    Last edited by JFReyes; 06/05/2004 at 06:24 AM.
    Josť

Palm IIIx -> m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    Not sure if you guys saw this but here are pics someone posted on this forum of a cracked treo screen from using a vaja ivolution case. some protection huh?

THREAD: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=51226

PICTURE 1
    PICTURE 2
    Obviously, the ivolution case isn't for everybody. I think most people who buy one probably want a combination of decent protection and easy accessibility for their Treo. You can't have 100% of both, so you sacrifice one for the other.

As with any case that leaves the screen exposed (and there are several on the market), you'll have to use some common sense in the way that you transport your Treo. To me, clipping your Treo onto your belt with the screen facing out is just begging for some screen damage. If you carry your Treo in your pocket with the screen facing your leg, that same type of damage would be virtually impossible. (The person who started this thread specifically stated that he does carry his Treo in his pocket.)

I really don't think one person's misfortunes with a particular case somehow proves that the case isn't worthwhile. Beneath the ivolution's leather exterior is a layer of ABS plastic, so I would imagine that, for all areas but the screen/keypad, it probably offers greater protection from impact than most other cases--for example, if you happened to drop your Treo.
    Last edited by j.c.; 06/05/2004 at 12:27 PM.
    which proves the point that the ivolution seems to be a decent case if you drop the phone anywhere but on the screen. someone on howardsforums dropped the treo on it's back in an ivolution case and it survived. the ABS plastic saved it - whatever you mean by ABS plastic
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I guess the best option although not avail. would be the ivolution case with a simple clear flip screen which would cover the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    which proves the point that the ivolution seems to be a decent case if you drop the phone anywhere but on the screen. someone on howardsforums dropped the treo on it's back in an ivolution case and it survived. the ABS plastic saved it - whatever you mean by ABS plastic
    Even if you did manage to drop the Treo on its screen (and it would be pretty freaky if you were able to have it impact completely flat and not angled to a corner or side), the screen is recessed, even more so with the ivolution case. So, unless you dropped it on a very rough, jagged surface, I doubt the screen would be affected. The keypad, however, may get scuffed up a bit because the buttons do protrude slightly past the dimensions of the case.

My point being, if you carry your Treo in your pocket with the screen facing your leg, the greatest opportunity you'd have for screen damage is when you're actually using the Treo, but that would be no different than with most other cases.

Like I mentioned before, using a case that leaves the screen exposed requires a little more common sense in the way that you handle your Treo. I would definitely NOT recommend an ivolution case if you intend to clip your Treo to your belt, but the person who started this thread specifically stated that he didn't want a belt clip and that he carries his Treo in his pocket.

(Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene is a tough, rigid plastic which is known for its durability and impact resistance.)
    Last edited by j.c.; 06/07/2004 at 06:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    I guess the best option although not avail. would be the ivolution case with a simple clear flip screen which would cover the screen.
    well, the closes thing was the Slipper case from EB. its belt clip can be removed but it does leave a little bolt thing in the back - which you file away i am sure
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12