Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone has any time with their car kit. Looking at getting it with the GPS attachment, but if it stinks, don't want to bother. Any opinions? And please respond if you have a Sprint model.. not really interested in the others
    Seidio's website shows a May 10 release date. I'm jumping up & down for the darn thing to be released. It looks like a great deal compared to the Handspring model.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    oops.. my bad didn't see that it wasn't released yet
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    As someone who is patiently holding off on getting a GPS setup, I saw this and am anxiously waiting as well. Then the next question is, which is the best GPS combo out there if this handles many different types?
    Check out the car kit at www.car-kit.com. I got an email from them on Friday, 4/30, saying that the Sprint Car Kit and software will be shipping early this next week (week of May 3). Looks like a top notch solution.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ...bump - Any word on Sedio's car kit?
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    ...bump - Any word on Sedio's car kit?
    I'm starting to get worried about this. The 10 May date came & went without a whisper. Last week, the link to the shipping dates on Seidio's home page went away. I sent them an e-mail on 11 May asking for a revised shipping date - no response to date. Sent them a second note this morning - maybe they're busy guys.

I hope they're not circling the wagons - they *really* need to communicate what's going on. They've got a perfect opportunity to move a pile of these cradles, especially since the THB/PalmOne kit now works with the Sprint phones. I imagine that if they delay communication too long, people are going to get tired of waiting & go with the THB kit.

tdh
    Yep, snooze your loose. I just ordered the THB kit from Dan's on Ebay - $144.00. Can't beat the price for a "real" car kit.
    Last edited by Mort; 05/20/2004 at 10:07 AM. Reason: no type
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I'm not real sure I trust Seidio.... I emailed them in late March about their car kit for the T600 and they said it would be released April 15th. Although it took about 3 emails from me just to get a response. Their website has some spelling/grammatical mistakes which also cast some doubt over their products as far as I'm concerned. Who knows, maybe it's a great product but for now I'm suspicious.
    ok so how much is the Seidio Car kit - with/withput GPS - I could not seem to get a price on it from web site but someone on the "official sprint car kit suggest it was less than $200

also any idea if it has an noise/echo cancilation or is it just a cradle with power - I have tried my sprint T600 with a direct connection from audio oout of treo to aux in of my car stereo and other end claim I still echo - but seemed to improve when i put on speakerphone mode

to minsc last point they sell a lot of sedio product in best buy etc
    Quote Originally Posted by spaner
    ok so how much is the Seidio Car kit - with/withput GPS - I could not seem to get a price on it from web site but someone on the "official sprint car kit suggest it was less than $200

also any idea if it has an noise/echo cancilation or is it just a cradle with power - I have tried my sprint T600 with a direct connection from audio oout of treo to aux in of my car stereo and other end claim I still echo - but seemed to improve when i put on speakerphone mode

to minsc last point they sell a lot of sedio product in best buy etc
    The pricing *was* $100 with the standard length gooseneck mounting adapter and no GPS. There was a $90 adder for the Seidio GPS receiver. I say *was*, because in the last few days, Seidio has removed the prices for this from their web site.

My guess is that there's no noise / echo cancellation, but I'm further betting that the performance will be better than piping a naked T600 into the AUX IN port on the stereo - since you can also connect an external mic to the T600, removing it from the "line of fire" of your speakers.

tdh