1.    #1  
    Does anyone know anything about this?

Is the network down, or is something wrong with my treo?

I'm in NYC if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

- John
    I've gotten that error for a day or so each of the past 2 weeks. I figure it's just network probs. I'm connecting just fine today, I'm in the Philadelphia area.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!

Hopefully its just a network issue.

I'm always worried something might be wrong with my phone.
  4.    #4  
    Just letting you guys know how the problem was resolved, in case it happens to anyone.

I waited a few hours and kept trying throughout, but I got impatient. I got to the point where I was either going to hard reset or throw the phone on the floor, when I thought, hmmm...let me restart the wireless connection, and sure enough, it worked.

Apparently, my phone was stuck in "connected" mode (not really connected, but got stuck there) and needed a restart.

I guess a soft reset would have worked as well, but oh well...now I know.

Enjoy.

- John
    Heh... here is an email response I received from T-MO today. I have the $4.99 t-zones on my Treo 600 account and I am able to surf the net at will, but cannot access the t-zones actual site. Take a look at what they said...

"Regarding your T-Zones on your account. T-Zones is not capable with the Treo 600 device. In order to have access to browse the Internet on your device, you will need to add T-Mobile Internet to your rate plan. T-Mobile Internet is currently $19.99 for unlimited GPRS access on any compatible rate plan of $29.99 or higher (excluding Smart Access plans). If you would like us to add this feature onto your account, please reply with either the password on your T-Mobile.com account, or the last 4 digits of the account holders Social Security number. If you do not have a T-Mobile account, you can activate a T-Mobile Internet Only plan which comes with no airtime, but has unlimited GPRS Internet access plus 300 Text Messages per month for $29.99. If you have any other comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime."
  6.    #6  
    Just out of curiosity, but how would they know what phone you're using to sign on to t-zones?
    in the Tzone page, i believe they hard code their supported phones' model number.
    for example, I have z600, t616, e715 and treo600, only e715 can access to the tzones page
    but again, i think TMO cannot tell the customers saying Treo600 is not capable with TMO Tzone page. PalmOne sells Treo600 conjuction with the TMO service. I understand TMO has the right not to support z600 and T616. but for Treo600, they better fix the tzone so users can access it.
    Yeah the first TMO rep I talked to gave me that same load of bull about needing the $19.99 plan for the Treo 600. That's why when I called a separate time and asked to have the free wap access added to my plan (my plan was from way before they started offering that) I didn't tell them I had a Treo 600. They wouldn't know what phone I had unless I mentioned it since I could just stick my SIM card into anything.

I called CS again more recently for an MMS issue, and somehow or other we got into the net plan again. Only this rep offered two options... the $19.99 plan or T-Zones for $4.99. She knew nothing about T-Zones not working on the Treo 600, and I didn't mention it to her. I went ahead and signed up for T-Zones even though the free wap was doing all I need (and T-Zones doesn't seem to give me access to anything more than the free wap did). I mostly did it because I'm planning on switching to a family plan soon and adding on a regular old nokia that T-Zones might be useful for.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfire
    but again, i think TMO cannot tell the customers saying Treo600 is not capable with TMO Tzone page. PalmOne sells Treo600 conjuction with the TMO service. I understand TMO has the right not to support z600 and T616. but for Treo600, they better fix the tzone so users can access it.
    Why? We can't use screensavers, the ringtones are probably in the wrong format, and whatever else is there is all news and stuff we could just get off a website anyway. Not to mention our phones are already better set up for email right out of the box. The actual T-Zones page is pretty useless for us... we can do so much more than it has already.

And not all of the other phones that TMO sells are compatible with it either.
    Last edited by jennyfur; 04/28/2004 at 09:33 AM.
    I've been having this problem with TZones sucking a$$ for over a week now. Going onto week#2.

I had this problem throughout my trip to Mojave, CA and Los Angeles as well. Now I'm back home in Honolulu and it still doesn't work!!!!!

Aside from the unlimited data plan being expensive, this TZones makes TMobile look like crap!

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]