1.    #1  
    I am sick of dragging my laptop around everywhere. Any suggestions on the best keyboard to purchase? TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    I am sick of dragging my laptop around everywhere. Any suggestions on the best keyboard to purchase? TIA!
    I purchased Treo Portable Keyboard.
    http://www.handspring.com/products/P...009&cat=310006

So far no issues with it, except when the driver is enabled you cannot beam. I have to disable the driver first.

I have no familiarity with the wireless keyboard.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
  3.    #3  
    Where did you purchase it? Did you pay less than $99? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    Where did you purchase it? Did you pay less than $99? Thanks!
    Work purchased it for me. Because we go thru a third party, we actually paid more than the $99 for it.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    I bought one of the Palm Wireless Keyboards, and it works really well with my 600:
    Got it for $69, I think, at CompUSA.....

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/a...als/#keyboards

(couldn't find a link that showed only the PWK - there are many others who've posted their experiences with the various keyboards, although those may have been lost when the forum drives bought it)
    There are many on E-Bay for around $74
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the responses. I did search for other posts (I thought there was a thread or 2) but I guess they were lost. I guess I will go to CompUseless and see what they've got!
    nrosser, does the wireless one allow you to use the headphone jack? How about with the external battery?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I recently bought the Treo Portable Keyboard, despite it not being able to be used along with the headphone jack. What decided it for me over the wireless keyboard is the ability to charge with the keyboard attached, the Treo 600 navigation buttons on the keyboard, and the row of numbers that I believe the wireless keyboard doesn't have. Also, the Treo Portable Keyboard has a great design. I expected it to fold out like an accordian but instead it slides open and locks in that position, so it can be used on uneven surfaces. (Note that i'm not sure how exactly the wireless keyboard works)
    Hmm sounds nice. Im betting the wireless one uses more battery too.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    nrosser, does the wireless one allow you to use the headphone jack? How about with the external battery?

well - I do use a headset jack a lot of the time with my wireless one - since the Treo just 'sits' in the right place, it can also 'sit' there with an earbud or whatever jack. It's not necessarily the optimal situation, but it'll do in a pinch.

In terms of battery - you can't use that big honkin' external battery beast with it, and you can't charge the 600 while on the wireless keyboard. I don't get the sense that it uses a ton of more battery up though, but my usage of the keyboard is intermittent - I don't hook up the 600 and leave for hours on end. I tend to open it up, do a few things, and close it back. Some IMing (mostly what I use it for, when I think the other person is going to want to do an extended session), some email, and that's about it.
    It works great for me, although I'll admit I didn't give that other one a shot (I actually bought the PWK when I had the 300).
    I have a Treo 600 OEM Keyboard and its incredible. I use it with speakerphone, so I don't miss any calls.

I posted here previously saying that the keyboard was great for typing and about the same size as a Vaio 505 keyboard.
    "I see dead pixels..."