1.    #1  
    Hi all, did a search but could not find the answer

I wonder how I can backup my unbranded / unlocked Treo 600 firmware before I upgrade it to 3.04? Currently the phone comes with FW 2.12. I heard 3.04 improves the camera quality. i took a picture last night with the new treo 600. the quality was worst than my z600 / e715.

thanks in advance. i just want to backup the firmware before i upgrade in case i might screw it up.
    i dont think you can backup the firmware without some extra hardware ..

just upgrade to 3.04 trust me it feels a hell lot better when u see the Treo logo when ur in Wireless Mode...in fact theres a new menu in the main aplicatiosn call sounds really feels good when u see someting new

and sms privacy mode is excellent now no one can read my sms
    I don't believe the firmware needs to be backed up, as it resides in ROM (or is it really FLASH?)
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I guess Superfire's question (which is a very valid one), is:

"What if I have to return/repair the Treo sometime, and they find out that I changed the Firmware? Is there a way to keep/backup my current Firmware so that I can downgrade back to the original, should anything unfortunate happens?"
    I don't know of a program to do it, but the firmware resides in flash, and it is possible to read it and store it on a PC in the same format that 3.04 resides in on the PC.
    the question is .. how ?
    there are some dumped PRC of the firmware version
    checkot the firmware faq page .. i downlaoded mine 2.09 incase i need to re-vert it to the original firmware ..
  7.    #7  
    thanks. i might just download another version (2.x) firmware in case i need to load it back to Treo before i return / send for repair

thanks.

btw, i have not seen a generic GSM firmware for Treo600 yet. all i found out was for Cingular.
    any ideas where i can find a generic GSM firmware for Treo 600?