Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In the old forums, someone posted a way of getting live streaming MLB games to your Treo. It was some long involved process of setting up a Shoutcast stream on your home PC, because the Palm RealPlayer client doesn't support streaming. Can someone e-mail the instructions to me, or re-post it? Thanks!

Chris
    It's not too hard. Download the Shoutcast plug-in for Winamp. Once that's installed, you can set the streaming bitrate for your outbound stream, and the input for your input source. You would just launch your streaming player for MLB, have that be the input for Shoutcast, and then stream it back out as a lower bitrate Shoutcast stream that your Treo can handle. A lot of people use a dynamic DNS service on their home computers so you don't have to deal with dynamically assigned IP addresses.

I've also used this to set up lower bitrate streams of Shoutcast stations that only broadcast in 128kbps. Hope that helps!
    Can you give some more details on how to do this? I am using winamp on the treo?
    1. Install Winamp on your PC.
    2. Install the Shoutcast plugin for Winamp.
    3. Install Shoutcast.
    4. Configure the plug-in to take the wave-out from your sound card (or, alternatively, the line-in and just pipe the output back into the line-in). Direct the plugin to connect to your Shoutcast application.
    5. Configure Shoutcast to a suitable bitrate (24 or 32 kbps)
    6. Connect to MLB and play the video or audio as usual.
    7. Connect to your PC from your Treo via PocketTunes using the IP address of the broadband connection. You will need to make sure you can get through any router you have by either forwarding the port, or setting up the PC as a DMZ.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Thanks. Got it to work. I hooked up the Indians game from a local station. I think I will get ESPN radio to work for when I am out. Have you tried TV this way. How does it look streaming?
    Unfortunately, streaming tv isn't anywhere near as good. mmplayers latest upadate (1.1.0) has given me some decent results. But right now I am still debating wether it's that the 650 doesn't have enough power to decode a movie and download, or if it's just that I'm not downloading fast enough.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Great discussion. Sure hope I don't lose my job using this site.
    Make sure your boss has a Treo as well and this all becomes research! Don't ya just love it!
    San Francisco Giants and LA Lakers broadcasts via Ptunes:

http://66.197.250.37:9590/listen.pls

Some AM Station out of San Luis Obispo (Giants game on now, heard a Laker game on yesterday afternoon)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thanks Scotty! As a Giants fan now living in Cubs country, thats a great find for me!
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
    Welcome

if you're a Niners fan (despite their less than stellar performances recently) they also do Niners games apparently

Anyone happen to have a streaming link for st louis cardinals games? I haven't had time to set one up yet. Thanks.
    I would love a streaming link for the Yankees, if anyone has located one!
  14.    #14  
    Oh sure, now everyone gets around to replying... two years after I first asked to how set this stuff up.
    Check the best shoucast streams thread for instructions on locating streams for MLB (wasn't my original idea though, someone posted similar instructions a while back)

Pitt Pirates?????
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    If you have a 700w, you might want to check out my application Live Baseball Browser, at http://www.ivanx.com . It will let you use Windows Media Player or TCPMP to listen to or watch games with your mlb.com subscription. Unfortunately I can't do a Palm OS version until someone supports streaming WMA. (And MLB.com doesn't support Real this year, though there's no streaming Real player either.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan X
    If you have a 700w, you might want to check out my application Live Baseball Browser, at http://www.ivanx.com . It will let you use Windows Media Player or TCPMP to listen to or watch games with your mlb.com subscription. Unfortunately I can't do a Palm OS version until someone supports streaming WMA. (And MLB.com doesn't support Real this year, though there's no streaming Real player either.)
    What about the 700P?
    Saw a vid clip in my elevator this morning that says Sprint to launch MLB GameDay audio on mobile devices. Looks like mid-August. Wonder if it will work on Treo 700p?

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wir...C-RSSFeeds0312
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    anyone found one for the Houston Astros or does this shoutcast thing work? do i have to manually set it up every time or is there something automated that will start with the game and start it streaming?
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast